Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More about the shooter, Dylan Roof

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joseph Meek, 20, a childhood friend who reconnected with Mr. Roof this year, said Mr. Roof had changed, spewing racist ideas and talking about wanting “to hurt a whole bunch of people.”

“He was saying all this stuff about how the races should be segregated, that whites should be with whites,” Mr. Meek said. “I could tell there was something inside him, there was something he wouldn’t let go. I was trying to tell him, ‘What’s wrong?’ All he would say was that he was planning to do something crazy.”

At first Mr. Meek said he did not take Mr. Roof seriously. But he became worried enough that several weeks ago he took away and hid Mr. Roof’s .45-caliber handgun, which Mr. Roof had bought with money given to him by his parents for his 21st birthday. But at the urging of his girlfriend, Mr.

Meek returned the weapon because he was on probation and did not want to get into trouble.

Now Mr. Meek and his girlfriend, Lindsey Fry, both of whom are white, say they feel guilt about the shooting. “I feel we could have done something and prevented this whole thing,” Ms. Fry said.

Asked why Mr. Roof picked that particular church, Mr. Meek replied, “Because it was a black church.”

Another friend, Dalton Tyler, said that Mr. Roof had begun talking about wanting “to start a civil war.” But like Mr. Meek, he did not always take Mr. Roof seriously.

Mr. Tyler said on another occasion, the two were driving to a strip club by the zoo when Mr. Roof saw a black woman, used a racist word and said, “I’ll shoot your ass.”

“I was just like, ‘You’re stupid,’ ” Mr. Tyler said. “He was a racist; but I don’t judge people.”

Mr. Roof has had two previous brushes with the law, both in recent months, according to court records. In February, he attracted attention at the Columbiana Centre, a shopping mall, when, dressed all in black, he asked store employees “out of the ordinary questions” such as how many people were working and what time they would be leaving, according to a police report.

Advertisement
Continue reading the main story

When a police officer questioned Mr. Roof, he “began speaking very nervously and stated that his parents were pressuring him to get a job,” but then admitted that he had not asked for applications at any of the stores, the report said.

Asked if he had any contraband, Mr. Roof said no, according to the report, but the officer searched him and found Suboxone, a prescription drug used to treat opiate addiction and frequently sold in illegal street transactions. Mr. Roof admitted that he did not have a prescription for the drug, the report said, and he was arrested and charged with felony drug possession. The case is pending.

In April, Mr. Roof was charged with trespassing at the same mall. The police report said he had been barred from the mall for a year after the drug arrest. Mr. Roof was convicted on that charge, a misdemeanor.

Mr. Roof’s current address is listed in public records as being in this rural speck of a town southeast of Columbia with an overwhelmingly black population. On Mr. Roof’s Facebook profile, which was taken down Thursday, many of his 88 friends were black. More than half a dozen cars from the Richland County sheriff’s office were parked along the dusty driveway outside the two-story wood-frame home in Eastover. A man in a straw hat came out of the house and told a reporter: “Make your way right back where you came from. Get off the property now.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/19/us/on-facebook-dylann-roof-charleston-suspect-wears-symbols-of-white-supremacy.html?action=click&contentCollection=U.S.&module=RelatedCoverage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

What a despicable little fuck... put him to death and charge the father.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm watching the bond hearing now.  To listen to the families of the people who were slaughtered expressing such grief, and to look at the expressionless face on this evil little piece of shit while he's listening to them too,  is one of the most incredible things I have ever watched on television.

Sal

Sal

I watched some of the hearing on CNN.

It was pretty bizarre, but the main thing I took away from it is that Don Lemon is an abject moron.

How does that guy have a job on TV?

Sal

Sal

Somewhat off topic, but I had the misfortune of spending 30-45 minutes at my mother-in-law's condo today where she had Rush on the radio.

I haven't heard his show in quite some time, and I was taken aback.

In the time I was within earshot, he spent something less than 5 minutes suggesting that the Charleston shooter's crimes were the product of public education Rolling Eyes , and the rest of the time was spent hawking his children's books and iced tea.

I knew that his show has been hemorrhaging advertisers, but is this what he has been reduced to?

2seaoat

The man had a low IQ and the hateful propaganda found a target.....the folks that generate the same have very intelligent reason to create division in this nation and steal our wealth, but in  the end hate, fear, and prejudice find sanctuary under the umbrella of ignorance.  Where does a kid today buy a Rhodesia patch for their jacket?  How far does somebody who wanted to start a civil war have to go to see a flag which many feel represents hate?  How far do we have to run from reality........Seaoat will see racism in a school of fish.........

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: Where does a kid today buy a Rhodesia patch for their jacket? 

Obviously from Jerry Seinfeld.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote: Where does a kid today buy a Rhodesia patch for their jacket? 

Obviously from Jerry Seinfeld.

It's a valid question.

He's borderline retarded.

Someone was filling his head with that shit.

Bob wrote:Joseph Meek, 20, a childhood friend who reconnected with Mr. Roof this year, said Mr. Roof had changed, spewing racist ideas and talking about wanting “to hurt a whole bunch of people.”

“He was saying all this stuff about how the races should be segregated, that whites should be with whites,” Mr. Meek said. “I could tell there was something inside him, there was something he wouldn’t let go. I was trying to tell him, ‘What’s wrong?’ All he would say was that he was planning to do something crazy.”

At first Mr. Meek said he did not take Mr. Roof seriously. But he became worried enough that several weeks ago he took away and hid Mr. Roof’s .45-caliber handgun, which Mr. Roof had bought with money given to him by his parents for his 21st birthday. But at the urging of his girlfriend, Mr.

Meek returned the weapon because he was on probation and did not want to get into trouble.

Now Mr. Meek and his girlfriend, Lindsey Fry, both of whom are white, say they feel guilt about the shooting. “I feel we could have done something and prevented this whole thing,” Ms. Fry said.

Asked why Mr. Roof picked that particular church, Mr. Meek replied, “Because it was a black church.”

Another friend, Dalton Tyler, said that Mr. Roof had begun talking about wanting “to start a civil war.” But like Mr. Meek, he did not always take Mr. Roof seriously.

Mr. Tyler said on another occasion, the two were driving to a strip club by the zoo when Mr. Roof saw a black woman, used a racist word and said, “I’ll shoot your ass.”

“I was just like, ‘You’re stupid,’ ” Mr. Tyler said. “He was a racist; but I don’t judge people.”

Mr. Roof has had two previous brushes with the law, both in recent months, according to court records. In February, he attracted attention at the Columbiana Centre, a shopping mall, when, dressed all in black, he asked store employees “out of the ordinary questions” such as how many people were working and what time they would be leaving, according to a police report.

Advertisement
Continue reading the main story

When a police officer questioned Mr. Roof, he “began speaking very nervously and stated that his parents were pressuring him to get a job,” but then admitted that he had not asked for applications at any of the stores, the report said.

Asked if he had any contraband, Mr. Roof said no, according to the report, but the officer searched him and found Suboxone, a prescription drug used to treat opiate addiction and frequently sold in illegal street transactions. Mr. Roof admitted that he did not have a prescription for the drug, the report said, and he was arrested and charged with felony drug possession. The case is pending.

In April, Mr. Roof was charged with trespassing at the same mall. The police report said he had been barred from the mall for a year after the drug arrest. Mr. Roof was convicted on that charge, a misdemeanor.

Mr. Roof’s current address is listed in public records as being in this rural speck of a town southeast of Columbia with an overwhelmingly black population. On Mr. Roof’s Facebook profile, which was taken down Thursday, many of his 88 friends were black. More than half a dozen cars from the Richland County sheriff’s office were parked along the dusty driveway outside the two-story wood-frame home in Eastover. A man in a straw hat came out of the house and told a reporter: “Make your way right back where you came from. Get off the property now.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/19/us/on-facebook-dylann-roof-charleston-suspect-wears-symbols-of-white-supremacy.html?action=click&contentCollection=U.S.&module=RelatedCoverage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

It's ok to judge people, especially if they hold views that society sees as inappropriate or lacking in morals.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

Someone was filling his head with that shit.

This is one of most uncommon "common crimes" the country has experienced yet.  A thousand media types are digging as we speak.  Give it a few more days and we'll likely find out.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What filled that maggots head to get him to shoot up elementary school children in Connecticut?  Or the maggot who shot up the Aurora CO movie theater? Or Tsarnaev?  Or all the others?

Whatever it was,  it probably came from the internet.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

More likely it was filled with something from the drug store.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:More likely it was filled with something from the drug store.  

True, that's been established. But a drug alone doesn't make one seek out white supremacy patches and white supremacy info.
That came either from the internet or Jerry Seinfeld. And my money's on the internet.

2seaoat

The confederate flag by the confederate vice president......

In 1861, Stephens explained to a cheering audience that the Confederacy was founded to expressly reject the proposition that men of all races were equal. Instead, Stephens stated, "The foundations of our new government are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition."

I guess shooting down a fleeing man within miles of this church like he was a dog would indicate that Bob's attitude and dog whistle is deeply ingrained in a culture which he denies as if sitting on a fence in a sewer gets you away from the stench of evil.....but hey when the flag flies proudly in SC, and a kid has patches of hate.....what could go wrong........it must be a school of fish.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

I guess shooting down a fleeing man within miles of this church like he was a dog would indicate that Bob's attitude and dog whistle is deeply ingrained in a culture which he denies as if sitting on a fence in a sewer gets you away from the stench of evil.....but hey when the flag flies proudly in SC, and a kid has patches of hate.....what could go wrong........it must be a school of fish.

What can I say,  you've nailed me,  seaoat.  I live for getting on a fence and shooting down a man within miles of a church. That's my life's calling.

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:

What can I say,  you've nailed me,  seaoat.  I live for getting on a fence and shooting down a man within miles of a church. That's my life's calling.

I could barely make sense of it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

more about Roof from the NYT...

From school records, Mr. Roof appears to have moved back and forth as a child between Richland County, which includes Columbia and Eastover, and nearby Lexington County to the west. He attended ninth grade twice: at White Knoll High School in Lexington in the 2008-9 school year and, the next school year, at White Knoll until February 2010, when he transferred to Dreher High School in Columbia. Neither school district had records of his finishing high school.

A neighbor in Eastover, Debra Scott, 50, said that she had seen Mr. Roof walking to and from a nearby market but that she knew very little about him or anyone else who might live in his house. She described the house as “very quiet” and said Mr. Roof “seemed like a normal kid.”

But Ms. Scott, who is black, said she was “scared to death” after hearing news reports that Mr. Roof wanted to kill black people. “My concern is that he’s saying he’s out to kill black people,” she said, unaware that he had been arrested. “We’re the closest ones to him.”

She added that her grandmother had called her Thursday morning and told her: “Get out of that bed. That boy was from Garners Ferry,” the name of the street where she and Mr. Roof lived.

Mr. Meek said that as a child, Mr. Roof would sometimes sleep over at his house. He described Mr. Roof as so quiet and shy that “his mom pushed him out of the house and told him to make friends.” He added, “Every friend he made, I made for him.”

Mr. Roof dropped out of high school after the ninth grade, Mr. Meek said, and the two fell out of touch. But this year, Mr. Roof sent him a Facebook friend request and the two got together again, often to go drinking or to strip clubs. Mr. Roof liked vodka and water, Mr. Meek said, adding, “I never saw him with a girl.”

He said Mr. Roof worked in landscaping and seemed to live an itinerant life, sometimes sleeping in his car. In recent weeks his behavior turned more bizarre, as he talked about wanting to burn an American flag and get his neck tattooed with the word “dagger.”

The friends last saw Mr. Roof on Tuesday when Ms. Fry found him sleeping in his car parked on a sandy patch in front of Mr. Meek’s house. Asked if she considered that odd, Ms. Fry replied, “He does weird things all the time.”

2seaoat

I could barely make sense of it.
I must be doing something wrong.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jebus, in this photo the little punk looks more like 17 than 21...

More about the shooter,  Dylan Roof Roof10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The whole thing will soon get even sicker and more twisted.  Because give it a little time and the same thing will happen with this little punk as happened with Tsarnaev.  What a fucked up society we're living in.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the surviving of two accused terrorist brothers, showed up to court Wednesday to plead not guilty to 30 criminal counts for setting off two bombs at the Boston marathon. To make the already-unsettling occasion even uglier, he was greeted by a throng of adoring fans, mostly young women who constitute the "Free Jahar" movement

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/07/12/free_jahar_why_does_boston_bomber_dzhokhar_tsarnaev_have_so_many_female.html

There are some crimes that should receive quick justice.

I'm also a bit perplexed by the ritual surrounding the death penalty... it's obviously very easy to kill a human being.

2seaoat

Bob,

I am going to take issue with you again and again....you want to run away from the forces which impacted this kid.....it is systematic, it is political, it is economic, and it is deadly.  You want to make it about a kid who has been manipulated like pliable clay to achieve exactly what the manipulators want....hate of the black man in America and racial division.   Who cares if somebody is attracted to another human being.....geeeez how fricking unimportant and narcissist is being concerned about people attracted to a killer, rather look at what was so attractive to take a slow kid and make him a killer for the white race.........what is shameful is the dog whistle attempts to start threads about black killers, or start threads about how silly PC, or how important it is to measure the attractiveness of killers......do you even see what you do.....how come you will not even have an honest discussion about racial hate without changing the subject.....I know.....I am picking on you, but your avoidance has caused my stomach to sour this evening....it is sickening from a few days ago laughing at political correctness, and now changing the subject to a low IQ individual's attractiveness...... scratch

Markle

Markle

Bob, I would suggest you edit and remove the shooter's name from your headline and post. He does not merit being made infamous.

He is a psychopath and, most likely, taught racism by his parents.

South Carolina and her incredible citizens have shown ALL races the right way to handle this terrorist attack.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You raise a valid point,  markle.  It was equally sickening that the other maggot Tsarnaev got the same kind of attention.
But these things always present a dilemma.  We don't want to sensationalize it because that just gives other attention craving lowlifes incentive to do the same.  
On the other hand,  how would you even let the public know about it without identifying the individual.  If we start hiding identities of these people that's a slippery slope which would open the door to corruption on the part of the authorities.  Can you even imagine what they would try to get away with if the identify of a suspect was kept secret?

Besides,  everyone in the world who consumes news media of any kind,  now already knows the name of this one.  I doubt I can turn that around by censoring his name in my posts.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:You raise a valid point,  markle.  It was equally sickening that the other maggot Tsarnaev got the same kind of attention.
But these things always present a dilemma.  We don't want to sensationalize it because that just gives other attention craving lowlifes incentive to do the same.  
On the other hand,  how would you even let the public know about it without identifying the individual.  If we start hiding identities of these people that's a slippery slope which would open the door to corruption on the part of the authorities.  Can you even imagine what they would try to get away with if the identify of a suspect was kept secret?

Besides,  everyone in the world who consumes news media of any kind,  now already knows the name of this one.  I doubt I can turn that around by censoring his name in my posts.

Government has not kept his identity secret. You are not letting the public know. We know from newscasts. Some NEWS shows have opted to NOT use his name any longer. Great decision.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum