Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Well Bob.....shooting people in Church......

+8
VectorMan
KarlRove
Sal
Markle
polecat
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

VectorMan

VectorMan

2seaoat wrote:Why don't you write a book? You act like you know every damn thing there is to know about racism. (dripping with sarcasm) Well Bob.....shooting people in Church...... - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Not everything, but enough to know what I have been saying on the PNJ and here for ten years is a damn site closer to reality than you dog whistle fantasy world.

You sir are FOS. No doubt about it.

But hey, if it helps you live in your fake little loony liberal world, go for it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:We're moving backwards on race.  And we're moving backwards in so many ways.

Wonder why?  

SPOILER ALERT!!

fence sitters.

I want to apologize to everyone here for making this individual do this hate crime.   When I put him up to it I thought I was doing what any fence sitter should do.  But now I realize that by making this fellow kill,  I have given fence sitters everywhere a bad name.
From now on I'm going to take a cue from George W. Bush.  He was a compassionate conservative.  I am now going to be a compassionate fence sitter.
I've even bought a new cushion to make the fence more comfortable. And I've outfitted the fence with cup holders.

2seaoat

your fake little loony liberal world

My world is not little or loony, but fake.....well if thinking that a mid eighty librarian in church deserves to live out her life without one of your racist buds murdering her......then I am proud of those fake liberal views, and opposition to everything you hold dear which is the thought that somehow hate and prejudice is acceptable.

2seaoat

I want to apologize to everyone here for making this individual do this hate crime.

If an apology would make everything politically correct.....you know the idea that a mid eighty year old librarian could have the expectation to go to church without those who think hate and prejudice does not exist and folks who fight the same are really getting some yuppies and Seinfeld's goat for not allowing them to spread your ideas and be funny......no fence sitting here.....nor can you help your views for a second.....because  you grew up in a world where hate was defacto, and now we await some bloody photos and outrage that a Muslim terrorist did this.....but as I have said for years......why don't we spend five trillion on domestic terrorists because they have killed more Americans than Muslims ever will, but that would be politically correct and we want none of that........Jerry does not have an easy punchline.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There's no question about it. Me and Jerry Seinfeld should be brought up on charges.
I just wish I had his money to buy a good lawyer. lol

2seaoat

There's no question about it. Me and Jerry Seinfeld should be brought up on charges.
I just wish I had his money to buy a good lawyer. lol

Why would thinking Muslims  who you think were a threat to you and are taking over the world, or that Mexican children seeking refuge are flooding our borders and taking over America, or that folks in New Mexico were actually speaking Spanish in a restaurant...offer to pay for a good lawyer when nothing happens to dog whistle folks who spread hate and think we live in a post racial society....Sal and I are the crazies......I will find racism in a school of fish.....You think I am scrambled.......but when people say that words matter and that hateful speech should be challenged.....you smirk....and ask what folks think about two white yuppies who wrote a book on race, and say that PC is wrong and hate is funny and right.....and then you think what you do is funny.....well I have received PMs from people who have people of color in their family, and they find nothing funny in your dog whistle hate.....and they do not dare talk about the same because they have to face their loved ones being treated less than equal......Bob you remind me of this song.....I love you but you either are helping a problem or you are hurting people......

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

As the saying goes, it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Words are indeed important. Remember in the novel 1984 the Ministry of Truth (or one of them) spent time removing words from the language in order to limit the ability of people to communicate? If you don't have the words you can't express thoughts, in fact we think with our words, no words no thought.

The comedians make jokes that we laugh at because they present situations from a different point of view, it startles us and we laugh because we see the truth in what they are saying. Usually they are pointing out something that is painfully obvious, we groan and then laugh.

I think it is necessary to apply some common sense to the use of words. We shouldn't get trapped into a situation where we can't communicate because we are trying to be so PC that what we say becomes meaningless.

Hearing words forms a reaction and thought in another person. We should never underestimate the power of words. They can make people want to do all sorts of things both good and evil. Their power can't be minimized.

The topic came up when Cowherd mentioned to Seinfeld that Conan O’Brien made a Caitlyn Jenner joke two days before her interview with Diane Sawyer. Cowherd believes that, had Conan done the joke two days later, he would have been labeled a “bigot.”

This led Cowherd to ask Seinfeld whether the climate is concerning, particularly on college campuses.

“I hear that all the time,” Seinfeld said. “I don’t play colleges, but I hear a lot of people tell me don’t go near colleges — they’re so PC (politically correct).”

2seaoat

Political correctness is simple civility.  Nothing more or less.  When a Jew can be demeaned without civility and their humanity is stripped away from them, then the gas chambers is not a distant trip.   When a black can be demeaned by Jim Crow it is not a distant trip to the lynching tree with white spectators watching a non human die.  When a homosexual is demeaned by religion and their humanity is stripped away from them, it is not a distant trip from the rooftop to the street for the cheering mob.   Good people can sit silently with hateful speech and symbols, or they can courageously fight the same where ever it raises its ugly head.  This is not government setting the rules by dictate, but good people standing up to hate and fear.   Evil will not prevail, and those who do the bidding of evil are fair game to challenge, and after listening to Jerry Seinfeld attack Lady Gaga and her music......he is an empty suit who should stick to dating children than telling us that he is funny but his college audiences are PC.....no Jerry.....they saw Curb.....they get it.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob wrote:We're moving backwards on race.  And we're moving backwards in so many ways.

I don't think we're moving backwards on race. We are just uncovering what's been running in the background of our culture in America from the beginning. We have been ignoring and pretending that we can all get along but incident after incident shows that we have issues that need to be dealt with.

Just because we don't have signs posted saying "white" and "colored" anymore doesn't mean we've come to grips with our racism any more than having elected a black president shows we're now "all in this together".

2seaoat

The folks who have lived in the geographic area of the old confederacy have as a solid block entered the Republican Party where using dog whistle politics to make the black man a threat to be feared and have divided America and have allowed the Oligarchy recolonize America and economically exploit all of us.

Why do I pick on Bob?......He represents the dog whistle hate of the Old confederacy, but denies the same.....he is uses thick sarcasm when talking about Yankees, PC, Mexicans, and Muslims, but not surprisingly in the new South he NEVER says anything bad about the black man....because that is the central tenet of the new south dog whistle politics.....we have really changed....we no longer have racism......but we are only concerned about our heritage when we fly the confederate flag......sorry this is the central tenet of the lie today....you still think the black man is inferior, and your politics try to deny him access to the polls or gerrymander them to impotence.......at least this man was proud of his ideals

On March 21, 1861, Stephens gave his famous Cornerstone Speech in Savannah, Georgia. In it he declared that slavery was the natural condition of blacks and the foundation of the Confederacy. He declared, "Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition."

2seaoat

I guess Bob ran away after it was disclosed that this shooter also had sexual identity problems.......one year later.....same old.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

One year later, and I miss Teo. It's not like we saw eye-to eye on much of anything except 9/11...but all his sources were the ones I rejected...Alex Jones...but there was something, even though the last time we had words, he called me a baby killer (go figure) and I called him a Neanderthal. RIP, Teo...and Happy Father's Day.

2seaoat

He was a good man with a loving family who graced us with his entertainment. He did most of his schtick to entertain us........and he really really really would get mad at me. However, I would make him think, and he certainly was not a wussy like Bob who puts his tail between his legs and runs.......oh yea.....I guess T did that about 10 times. The hardest thing for me was standing by his graveside service and realizing that he was gone, and that it was not some kind of pretend death which crossed my mind that he was pranking us......I was incredibly sad as I realized this person who I had shared 10 years of my life was gone, but the great news was I got to see his grandson, and with this father day passing, I guarantee you that young man will make T proud.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

othershoe1030 wrote:

I don't think we're moving backwards on race. We are just uncovering what's been running in the background of our culture in America from the beginning. We have been ignoring and pretending that we can all get along but incident after incident shows that we have issues that need to be dealt with.

Just because we don't have signs posted saying "white" and "colored" anymore doesn't mean we've come to grips with our racism any more than having elected a black president shows we're now "all in this together".

Great post! Thanks!

I thght of Teo and my father a great deal sunday. I've only met a few people in my life as thoughtful and interesting.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:He was a good man with a loving family who graced us with his entertainment.  He did most of his schtick to entertain us........and he really really really would get mad at me.  However, I would make him think, and he certainly was not a wussy like Bob who puts his tail between his legs and runs.......oh yea.....I guess T did that about 10 times.  The hardest thing for me was standing by his graveside service and realizing that he was gone, and that it was not some kind of pretend death which crossed my mind that he was pranking us......I was incredibly sad as I realized this person who I had shared 10 years of my life was gone, but the great news was I got to see his grandson, and with this father day passing, I guarantee you that young man will make T proud.
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Markle

Markle

Progressives again showing their desperation by pulling up a year old thread which has nothing, whatsoever to do with the issues of today.

They will do ANYTHING to divert attention from the chaos in the Democrat party.

So sad for them.

2seaoat

They will do ANYTHING to divert attention from the chaos in the Democrat party.

Your nearly nominated candidate has a little over 1 million in his campaign fund which Romney's fund raiser was on TV tonight and said Romney had 100 million at the same time. He said you never get back May and June for fund raising.....he was asked in one word to describe the Trump campaign.....the answer was crisis. However, only you would think that our showing idiocy a year later was because Trump was kicking asz.....you are in the twilight zone.....ride your bike and get your head right......then post.

dumpcare

Chaos in the democratic party? What you been smoking? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum