Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraqi Army Off to Slow Start - Let's Pour More of Our $ and Skin into the Game!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Fuck this shit.

Slow start??

We've been training those losers (at a cost of some $25 billion) since shortly after Dubya made the boneheaded decision to invade that shit hole.

So, the plan is to send more???

Fuck that.

Just imagine what $25 billion could buy right here in the good ol' U.S. of A. ....

WASHINGTON — In a major shift of focus in the battle against the Islamic State, the Obama administration is planning to establish a new military base in Anbar Province, Iraq, and to send up to 450 more American military trainers to help Iraqi forces retake the city of Ramadi.

The additional American troops will arrive as early as this summer, a United States official said, and will focus on training Sunni fighters with the Iraqi Army. The official called the coming announcement “an adjustment to try to get the right training to the right folks.”

The United States Central Command’s emphasis on retaking Mosul depended critically on efforts to retrain the Iraqi Army, which appear to have gotten off to a slow start.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/11/world/middleeast/us-embracing-a-new-approach-on-battling-isis-in-iraq.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

gatorfan

It's stupid to keep dumping money down that corrupt rabbit hole and even more stupid to risk more troops on the ground, in the air, or even on their rivers.....

It would be better to let the Iraqi people decide if or when they will fight for their own country. Their Army and government leadership is so corrupt troops have no faith they will be supported - no soldier will fight with that problem.

Sal

Sal

That makes TWICE we've agreed in one day.

Hell hath frozen.

2seaoat

I must have died.....because hell feels like my lazy boy and the keyboard.  I agree completely with this thread.  I have been watching a program on channel 500 on direct TV which follows our troops advising the Afghans who are going after the Taliban.

It is a total mission fail.  I see hundreds of thousands of dollars of salary advising Afghans how to take out a single motorcycle who may have had a RPG in the passenger's hands.  The most absurd part were the telephone conferences with the JAG officer to get Kill confirmation.....it is a total cluster F, and does not make a lick of sense to me.  When the afghan troops started getting shot at....they withered away.  Without our advisers and air support it would have been a massacre.   We are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  We need to leave and let the people live there lives.....even though we disagree with their values and the failures of their governments.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Sal wrote:Fuck this shit.

Slow start??

We've been training those losers (at a cost of some $25 billion) since shortly after Dubya made the boneheaded decision to invade that shit hole.

So, the plan is to send more???

Fuck that.

Just imagine what $25 billion could buy right here in the good ol' U.S. of A. ....

WASHINGTON — In a major shift of focus in the battle against the Islamic State, the Obama administration is planning to establish a new military base in Anbar Province, Iraq, and to send up to 450 more American military trainers to help Iraqi forces retake the city of Ramadi.

The additional American troops will arrive as early as this summer, a United States official said, and will focus on training Sunni fighters with the Iraqi Army. The official called the coming announcement “an adjustment to try to get the right training to the right folks.”

The United States Central Command’s emphasis on retaking Mosul depended critically on efforts to retrain the Iraqi Army, which appear to have gotten off to a slow start.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/11/world/middleeast/us-embracing-a-new-approach-on-battling-isis-in-iraq.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Obama cut and run. We have rehashed this time and again. Now, it will cost us more. Obama really needs to pick a side of the Muslims to arm and support. His playing both ends against the middle is gonna cost us worse when the Muslims get their act in gear and become united.

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:I must have died.....because hell feels like my lazy boy and the keyboard.  I agree completely with this thread.  I have been watching a program on channel 500 on direct TV which follows our troops advising the Afghans who are going after the Taliban.

It is a total mission fail.  I see hundreds of thousands of dollars of salary advising Afghans how to take out a single motorcycle who may have had a RPG in the passenger's hands.  The most absurd part were the telephone conferences with the JAG officer to get Kill confirmation.....it is a total cluster F, and does not make a lick of sense to me.  When the afghan troops started getting shot at....they withered away.  Without our advisers and air support it would have been a massacre.   We are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  We need to leave and let the people live there lives.....even though we disagree with their values and the failures of their governments.
===============
....even if those values include creating terrorist organizations that want to kill Americans?

2seaoat

....even if those values include creating terrorist organizations that want to kill Americans?

America has been a target of Middle East Terrorism in one form or another since the mid sixties.  We have survived quite well.  Almost sixty years with terrorists trying to hurt America and Americans, and for most of that time we were not foolish enough to think sending ground troops and bombing can kill an idea......yes an idea.   Most inhabitants see America as a colonial power who has exploited the people and killed their citizens either directly or through aid to an ally.  Does an independent nation have the right to dislike America.  Do they have the right to sponsor terrorism against America.  They do not.  Precise strikes which preempt terror attacks, or go after those who have attacked does not require nation building, occupation, or boots on the ground.   Americans will die in the future, but rationally we must be vigilant and prepared, and not make the boneheaded mistakes of the past where our wealth and blood was WASTED.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Actually Seaoat, we have been battling Muslims since 1783 when we decided that paying tribute was a good idea. Not so much as the same folks continued to hit our shipping regardless of what cash was paid.

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/jefferson_papers/mtjprece.html

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

We could end terrorism against the United States if we stopped being Israel's lackey, stopped allowing them to strong-arm our Congress into doing things their way all of the time, and stopped covering them at the UN with our veto when the rest of the civilized world calls them to account.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum