Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you have Blue Cross for your Medicare insurance policy, you may not be able to use it at Sacred Heart Hospital after July 1.

+3
dumpcare
Hallmarkgard
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Another lie.  Leaving your post, totally worthless.

You can't get out of everything you say by just calling people liars,  markle.
That's not gonna cut it this time.

ppaca shared with us stuff he's learned from being employed inside a particular industry.
You then replied by saying "even you must know that anecdotal evidence is totally worthless".
Of course you replied with that because he was saying something other than "it's all the fault of obama" which is the only thing you want to hear.

He was sharing stuff he learned on the job exactly the same way you yourself have shared with us stuff you've learned by being a real estate professional.

BUT,  when you do it, none of the stuff you share is "anecdotal and totally worthless".  Only when others do it.

It has nothing to do with lies and liars,  markle.  It has only to do with your inconsistency.

dumpcare

RealLindaL wrote:
ppaca wrote:So is Mike Suchinni (or however spell his name) a new reporter? Need to find one, I receive my letter today and going to send it to whoever will print it.

Suggest you send it to Tom Ninestine, opinion editor at the PNJ, and ask him to forward to the appropriate reporter.  Tom has always been helpful and responsive, in my experience.  His email:   TNINESTI@gannett.com

Thanks Linda, I am surprised they haven't picked up the story yet, there has been three articles (one in Tampa, Panama City and even Mobile) about Humana and HCA parting ways, because of contract negotiation's. I do have a couple clients that have called both weartv and the pnj, I guess SH does too much advertising to make this an issue.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

ppaca shared with us stuff he's learned from being employed inside a particular industry.
You then replied by saying "even you must know that anecdotal evidence is totally worthless".
Of course you replied with that because he was saying something other than "it's all the fault of obama" which is the only thing you want to hear.

He was sharing stuff he learned on the job exactly the same way you yourself have shared with us stuff you've learned by being a real estate professional.

BUT,  when you do it, none of the stuff you share is "anecdotal and totally worthless".  Only when others do it.

It has nothing to do with lies and liars,  markle.  It has only to do with your inconsistency.

To think I gave him a complement.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote: I guess SH does too much advertising to make this an issue.

It's not just Sacred Heart.  All three local hospitals own the local commercial media because they are the local commercial media's main source of revenue.
Dogs don't bite their masters because their masters are the ones feeding them.

dumpcare

While I'm on soap box this morning and I don't always or very seldom agree with insurance company's, I see a 28% increase of reimbursements from the insurance company to the hospital an outrage. They just opened a new urgent care in Pace and just this week a new walk in clinic in GB, do massive advertising, send out billings to people who have paid their share and should owe nothing and pay their execs quite well and they want an increase of what?

How much do they lose if everyone with a BC policy has to cancel their inpatient and outpatient procedure's and use another hospital? I'm not saying that they don't deserve an increase, but more a modest one. Don't hold this over 16 to 20 thousand policy holder's this will effect in the panhandle.

New urgent care center the Doc sat 12 hours a day and had a couple patients first few days, don't know what it may be now three weeks later. The new walk in clinic in GB may do very well since the same Doc they sent to Pace came out of GB and left around 1000 patients out of his 3500 without a primary doc.

Just maybe the two sides will reach an agreement by July 1.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote: I guess SH does too much advertising to make this an issue.

It's not just Sacred Heart.  All three local hospitals own the local commercial media because they are the local commercial media's main source of revenue.
Dogs don't bite their masters because their masters are the ones feeding them.

Yea, I know, I was thinking about contacting a Mobile news station.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

When did I use any anecdotal evidence to argue against "facts" produced by Progressives?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

When did I use any anecdotal evidence to argue against "facts" produced by Progressives?

Are you even capable of writing a sentence without the word "progressive" in it?
Outside of the paid bloviators who use it on radio and tv,  I've never encountered anyone else who is more obsessed with that word than you.

ppaca was sharing what he learned because of his working in insurance.  Same as you have done because of working in real estate.  Same as I have done because of working as a picker. Same as anyone would do.

dumpcare

Progressive to me means someone who stays up with the times and thinks in the future, not someone who has head their up their you no where and living in the past. That's what I see from you Markle living in the past, I am surprised you even know what a forum is.

Then you have some history to catch up on. It's amazing people call themselves that.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So what is motivating a 28% increase?

Is it because of "obamacare"? Or is it because of something else?
Or is it a combination of the two?

Frankly, I'm so sick and tired of all the labels and all the political partisanship that I could fucking scream.

Is there even any way to discuss all this without that?

The answer is no there is not. And until we get beyond that with this issue and with all the fucking rest, nothing is going to change.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:So what is motivating a 28% increase?

Is it because of "obamacare"?  Or is it because of something else?

Frankly,  I'm so sick and tired of all the labels and all the political partisanship that I could fucking scream.

The answer is no there is not.  And until we get beyond that with this issue and with all the fucking rest,  nothing is going to change.

Combination of the two.

Nope some people cannot have a thought without interjecting their political views. Very sad they live their day dwelling on politics.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

Are you even capable of writing a sentence without the word "progressive" in it?

Outside of the paid bloviators who use it on radio and tv,  I've never encountered anyone else who is more obsessed with that word than you.

ppaca was sharing what he learned because of his working in insurance.  Same as you have done because of working in real estate.  Same as I have done because of working as a picker.  Same as anyone would do.

I use the word Progressive in order to be clear. As you know, many times my comments do not apply to sane Democrats.

Again, please show us where I have used anecdotal evidence regarding real estate issues.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:So what is motivating a 28% increase?

Is it because of "obamacare"?  Or is it because of something else?

Frankly,  I'm so sick and tired of all the labels and all the political partisanship that I could fucking scream.

The answer is no there is not.  And until we get beyond that with this issue and with all the fucking rest,  nothing is going to change.

It is due to Obamacare, how can it be anything else, Obamacare is doing NOTHING that was promised.

NOW Progressives are upset because of "political partisanship". WOW! They sure didn't seem upset when they crammed Obamacare up the throats of American voters. Remember, it was passed because of what this administration called STUPID PEOPLE.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If you have Blue Cross for your Medicare insurance policy,  you may not be able to use it at Sacred Heart Hospital after July 1. - Page 3 Sh110
If you have Blue Cross for your Medicare insurance policy,  you may not be able to use it at Sacred Heart Hospital after July 1. - Page 3 Sh210

dumpcare

Save that letter you may need it down the road.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:Save that letter you may need it down the road.

I don't have a dog in the fight but what good will that do? The circled paragraph clearly starts with..."AS OF TODAY". Clearly saying that they don't have a clue what will happen and all, part, or none of the following may, or may not be true tomorrow.

Sounds a bit like Hillary Clinton!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

We don't have to worry about Hillary, but we sure do have to worry about consistent liars like you.

Floridatexan wrote:
We don't have to worry about Hillary, but we sure do have to worry about consistent liars like you.

Lol... you don't give a damn when hillary lies to you. See what you did there?

dumpcare

Markle wrote:
ppaca wrote:Save that letter you may need it down the road.

I don't have a dog in the fight but what good will that do?  The circled paragraph clearly starts with..."AS OF TODAY".  Clearly saying that they don't have a clue what will happen and all, part, or none of the following may, or may not be true tomorrow.

Sounds a bit like Hillary Clinton!

I didn't have to see the circle I have one of those letters. Now that you ask SH has a habit of sending you an extra bill after seeing a sacred heart medical group doctor and after paying your co-pay.  Why? Because SH owns the facility's that they practice out of. If SH is still out of the network when it come's time for the doctor's contract the domino's will fall.

Should have added that the extra billing says you visited the hospital even though you did not.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually it doesn't make any difference to me even if the doctors aren't part of this.  Each time I go to my Sacred Heart oncologist they do a blood panel on me on the way in to the exam room.  So even though my insurance situation won't change for paying the doctor,  I shudder to even think about what the price of that hospital blood work will be if I have to pay the bill out of pocket with no insurance coverage. Which will force me to change to a new provider (doctor and all).

And that raises another question.  Since I'm on a Florida Blue Advantage policy,  I no longer have Medicare or Medicare coverage to pay that first 80% like somebody with a Blue Cross medigap policy would have.  Which means I'll have to pay the full retail price of any hospital services.

Have the dr send the blood orders to another lab... like labcorp. It'd be better to have the results at the visit anyway.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:Have the dr send the blood orders to another lab... like labcorp. It'd be better to have the results at the visit anyway.

If labcorp is in the Florida Blue PPO network that might be doable. Dunno.

Actually if I'm only looking at this thing selfishly, in my own personal case all this will be a godsend to me. I am really skeptical about something that happened with my Sacred Heart oncologist and I've been needing to get a second opinion from another oncologist. But I'm reluctant to piss off the one I have by doing so.
BUT, if Ascension and Blue Cross can't get together and it goes past the deadline, I'll have the best excuse in the world for going to another oncologist outside Sacred Heart. For me it's not a bad thing. But for many many others who are happy with their Sacred Heart doctors that won't be the case.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But another point,  Pkr.  You said this...

"Have the dr send the blood orders to another lab... like labcorp. It'd be better to have the results at the visit anyway".

It's not like that anymore.  The blood I give on the way into seeing the oncologist is immediately analyzed and the results are available to him by the time he comes into the exam room.

RealLindaL

Bob, dunno what if anything you're paying for the SH onc's lab work (doubtless some portion thereof), but the Blue Medicare Regional PPO pays 100% of virtually any labs analyzed at Quest (NOT LabCorp).   Most doctors' lab staff (or hospital labs) will draw for Quest if so instructed, but then of course your results wouldn't be immediately available  - more like a few days.  That's why I always ask my doc for an order in advance of the next scheduled visit so I can have the blood drawn at Gulf Breeze Hospital for Quest the week before the appointment, and thus have the results available when I see the doc.

As for the reports here of SH sending a separate facilities charge billing, last year Baptist, too, started that practice for certain types/groups of docs, and my husband raised bloody hell when we ended up being charged a total of almost triple the previous cost for an office visit and simple injection by his rheumatologist, who had offices at Andrews Institute, a Baptist facility.  Yes, they tried to say it was a hospital visit and procedure.   B.S.!!!!!  Took us a coupla months but we got the extra billing wiped off -- principle of the thing, more than the amount --  and hubby actually left that doc because of it.  She soon after parted ways with Baptist anyway, possibly because of seeing her patients forced into paying outrageous charges for office visits that are only supposed to carry a defined copay and possibly a small co-insurance for things like injections in the doc's office.  

We now ask in advance of visiting a new doc whether or not there will be a separate facilities charge from the hospital, and have decided not to see any docs/practices who've agreed to let Baptist do this.  So far it's not many docs, but look out down the road -- and if it happens, let the hospitals' administrators hear from you, people, that it's not acceptable!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum