Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrat Desperation! Latest Candidate for President Lincoln Chafee MAIN ISSUE...CONVERTING TO METRIC SYSTEM

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

No, this isn't a joke.  At least I don't think so.  Maybe the Clinton Foundation is fronting the money for him to enter the race so folks can compare him with Hillary.

Former RI Gov. Lincoln Chafee, one-time Republican, declares 2016 Democratic candidacy

His solution for the economy...?  CONVERTING TO METRIC SYSTEM

Published June 03, 2015
·FoxNews.com
[...]
During his speech, Chafee suggested the United States abandon its current measuring system and adopt the metric system, saying such a move could prove an economic boon.

"Earlier I said,  'Let’s be bold'. Here’s a bold embrace of internationalism," Chafee said, "let’s join the rest of the world and go metric.  I happened to live in Canada as they completed the process. "Believe me it is easy.  It doesn’t take long before 34 degrees is hot. Only Myanmar, Liberia and the United States aren’t metric and it will help our economy!” Chafee said.

Chafee told Fox News his idea to convert the United States to the metric system is just "one of ten" that sets him apart from other candidates.

Read more:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/03/former-ri-gov-lincoln-chafee-one-time-republican-declares-candidacy-for/

2seaoat

He has a valid point.  He voted as a Republican not to invade Iraq.  The man is a class act and converting to metric would bolster our economy.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:He has a valid point.  He voted as a Republican not to invade Iraq.  The man is a class act and converting to metric would bolster our economy.

So he's "your" plan "B" for when Hillary Clinton crashes and burns under the weight of all her scandals and corruption?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Just two countries use the outdated English system of measurements. The United States and Bangladesh. Oh, and Antarctica......  Razz

The rest of the world uses the metric system. Science throughout the world, including American scientists exclusively use the metric system.

I am surprised semi-demented poster Markle didn't protest the evolution from type-writers to modern computers and word processing!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Just two countries use the outdated English system of measurements. The United States and Bangladesh. Oh, and Antarctica......  Razz

The rest of the world uses the metric system. Science throughout the world, including American scientists exclusively use the metric system.

I am surprised semi-demented poster Markle didn't protest the evolution from type-writers to modern computers and word processing!

You just can't make these things up! So Chafee really IS progressives plan "B".
Democrat Desperation!  Latest Candidate for President Lincoln Chafee MAIN ISSUE...CONVERTING TO METRIC SYSTEM HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

2seaoat

I still like Chris Christie........but Hillary Clinton is at least intelligent and experienced.   I do not like her ties to Wall Street, and her willingness to do anything to advance her ambition, but in the end......there is nobody in the same zip code as Hillary and it is time for a woman to be President.  She will win, and all the haters of black now can focus on a woman....but it will not work any better than the racism directed at the President.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually I hope a republican wins so the Congress and White House will be all republican.
That way when the country continues it's decline,  Markle will finally learn that it has nothing to do with which of these bozos or political parties is president.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:Actually I hope a republican wins so the Congress and White House will be all republican.
That way when the country continues it's decline,  Markle will finally learn that it has nothing to do with which of these bozos or political parties is president.

Yeah...that'll teach him. Which of the clowns would you like to see in the White House?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:Actually I hope a republican wins so the Congress and White House will be all republican.

Yeah...that'll teach him.  Which of the clowns would you like to see in the White House?  

Bush would be my first choice.  As I said in another post,  we desperately need another Bush or Clinton.  Because it's more than just coincidence that so many Clintons and Bushes are qualified to be president.  It's obviously because both families have smarter people in them than other families.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But then again I may go with that new guy.  I desperately want my car speedometer to say kilometers per hour instead of miles per hour.
If that was to happen,  the country would really be restored to greatness again.
Plus he has the same name as Abraham Lincoln. That's always a good sign.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum