Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why is Israel God's Chosen?

+4
2seaoat
KarlRove
Sal
dumpcare
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why is Israel God's Chosen? Empty Why is Israel God's Chosen? 5/23/2015, 6:04 pm

I worry whether this topic is general or political and I'm sure it will turn political.

For those who are Bible believers - you say Israel is "God's chosen people."

True or false:

1. God turned his back on Israel and did not speak, according to Biblical teachers, for four-hundred years.

2. When God did speak again, he brought salvation to the world through Jesus.

3. The Jews rejected Jesus.

So why would they continue to be God's chosen people?

Clear verses that show this mentality that don't require assumption or are based on prophecy would be appreciated in your answer.

Thank you.

2Why is Israel God's Chosen? Empty Re: Why is Israel God's Chosen? 5/23/2015, 6:53 pm

dumpcare

Since any bible is written by man and different version's have been passed down over thousand's of year's how does anyone know who or if there are any chosen? I do not believe in the Bible.

I believe in a higher power you or anyone else can call that power God, but God would have to come to me and tell me personally that Jews are the chosen.

3Why is Israel God's Chosen? Empty Re: Why is Israel God's Chosen? 5/23/2015, 9:16 pm

Sal

Sal

Who cares?

It's just tribalism and fairy tales to empower tribes and divide people.

4Why is Israel God's Chosen? Empty Re: Why is Israel God's Chosen? 5/23/2015, 9:21 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Poor sal

5Why is Israel God's Chosen? Empty Re: Why is Israel God's Chosen? 5/23/2015, 9:37 pm

2seaoat

I do not know.

6Why is Israel God's Chosen? Empty Re: Why is Israel God's Chosen? 5/23/2015, 9:53 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I believe in the Bible as a guide to behavior, and I realize there are many different versions and interpretations. But, like all holy books, there is a set of guidelines to be interpreted through the reading. Like every other religious exercise, the Bible has to be approached with an open mind...

7Why is Israel God's Chosen? Empty Re: Why is Israel God's Chosen? 5/23/2015, 10:12 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Go read Genesis if you need to know why. Yes, God has punished the Jews many times and like with Israel now in modern times they are quite blessed.

8Why is Israel God's Chosen? Empty Re: Why is Israel God's Chosen? 5/23/2015, 10:13 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

In the end they will all recognize Christ for who he is.....

9Why is Israel God's Chosen? Empty Re: Why is Israel God's Chosen? 5/23/2015, 10:30 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Lessee now.  What are the right-wing media talking points?

1.  Obama and the democrats don't like Israel or Jews.  They always side up with the Palestinians and Arabs and the other enemies of Israel and the Jews.

2.  Republicans and conservatives and evangelicals are the best friends to Israel and the Jews.

Now with that in mind,  let's take a look at how the American Jews vote...

Why is Israel God's Chosen? Vote110 Why is Israel God's Chosen? Vote210

I have to be honest with you,  I don't think there is any other significant voting block in the American electorate which is that one-sided.  lol

10Why is Israel God's Chosen? Empty Re: Why is Israel God's Chosen? 5/23/2015, 10:39 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

That is a really interesting table, Bob, but I am afraid it will really befuddle Karl.

I think it just proves that by voting Democratic, most American Jews are secular and could care less about what the Holy Bible says about Israel.

The Jews have done an excellent job of making American evangelicals their useful idiots by getting the evangelicals wrapped around the axle in end-times Biblical prophecy concerning Israel.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

11Why is Israel God's Chosen? Empty Re: Why is Israel God's Chosen? 5/24/2015, 4:51 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Go read Genesis if you need to know why. Yes, God has punished the Jews many times and like with Israel now in modern times they are quite blessed.

Which of the two Gensis tales are you referring to? The one where God makes man first and then the animals, or where he makes the animals first?

12Why is Israel God's Chosen? Empty Re: Why is Israel God's Chosen? 5/24/2015, 4:54 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:In the end they will all recognize Christ for who he is.....

Or they will recognize the Tooth Fairy, Or Merlin ... LOL

13Why is Israel God's Chosen? Empty Re: Why is Israel God's Chosen? 5/24/2015, 7:42 am

KarlRove wrote:Go read Genesis if you need to know why. Yes, God has punished the Jews many times and like with Israel now in modern times they are quite blessed.

I've read the Bible many times...in context.

Please share where you feel it is relative that Israel is God's chosen people after their rejection of Jesus.

I feel if one is a Christian, and they say something that defines God and who his people are, then back it up contextually.

Yes, stories in the book of Genesis speak of God telling Abraham he would multiply his people as many as the stars in the sky. Is that showing "the chosen?"

Abraham had a son with his Sarah's servant - so that child is a mixed blood. Is he chosen? If so - would that not be the Arabs?

Just as God blessed Abraham, he also blessed Sarah's servant "I will multiply your descendants exceedingly."

Who is chosen?

14Why is Israel God's Chosen? Empty Re: Why is Israel God's Chosen? 5/24/2015, 10:56 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

One truth in common with the Israelis, the Palestinians, and fundamentalist Christians, is that eventually bullys deserve and get the crap beat out of them by a crowd who won't put up with their shit anymore.

What comes around goes around ....

Reality

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum