Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Moochelle at her divisive best at Tuskeegee

+4
2seaoat
Markle
othershoe1030
KarlRove
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://rickwells.us/white-folks-and-america-are-the-problem-michelle-obama-addresses-all-black-university-with-divisive-message/

Yep, way to go.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

There has been a systemic bias in our culture that cannot be denied by anyone who can objectively look at history. Here is just one very specific example.

MELISSA HARRIS-PERRY 5/9/15
Baltimore and US history of housing segregation
More than 100 years of housing policy -- from segregation laws to restrictive covenants to urban renewal to the subprime mortgage crisis -- have created a Baltimore that is segregated and deeply unequal to this day. MHP and her guests discuss. Duration: 7:57

http://www.msnbc.com/melissa-harris-perry/watch/baltimore-and-us-history-of-housing-segregation-442619459831

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:There has been a systemic bias in our culture that cannot be denied by anyone who can objectively look at history. Here is just one very specific example.

More than 100 years of housing policy -- from segregation laws to restrictive covenants to urban renewal to the subprime mortgage crisis -- have created a Baltimore that is segregated and deeply unequal to this day. MHP and her guests discuss. Duration: 7:57

http://www.msnbc.com/melissa-harris-perry/watch/baltimore-and-us-history-of-housing-segregation-442619459831

Your comments about housing policy is amusing. Those laws were enacted by Democrats, the KKK started as a radical wing of Democrats. My opinion has always been that if GOVERNMENT had not interfered and wrote laws prohibiting integration, there would be far less than there is even today.

What did the sub-prime mortgage crisis have to do with racism?

2seaoat

if GOVERNMENT had not interfered and wrote laws prohibiting integration, there would be far less than there is even today.

I am simply stunned that you have a professional license. You do realize you are posting jibberish.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:if GOVERNMENT had not interfered and wrote laws prohibiting integration, there would be far less than there is even today.

I am simply stunned that you have a professional license.  You do realize you are posting jibberish.

Was it not the Supreme Court who ruled that SEPARATE BUT EQUAL laws were perfectly fine and constitutional?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:if GOVERNMENT had not interfered and wrote laws prohibiting integration, there would be far less than there is even today.

I am simply stunned that you have a professional license.  You do realize you are posting jibberish.

Was it not the Supreme Court who ruled that SEPARATE BUT EQUAL laws were perfectly fine and constitutional?

As you well know in 1954, 60+ years ago that concept was struck down.

Plessy v. Ferguson, 163 U.S. 537 (1896), was a landmark United States Supreme Court decision upholding the constitutionality of state laws requiring racial segregation in public facilities under the doctrine of "separate but equal".[1]

The decision was handed down by a vote of 7 to 1 with the majority opinion written by Justice Henry Billings Brown and the dissent written by Justice John Marshall Harlan. Louisiana Justice Edward Douglass White was one of the majority: he was a member of the New Orleans Pickwick Club and the Crescent City White League, the latter a paramilitary organization that had supported white supremacy with violence through the 1870s to suppress black voting and regain political power by white property owners.[2]

"Separate but equal" remained standard doctrine in U.S. law until its repudiation in the 1954 Supreme Court decision Brown v. Board of Education.[3]

After the Supreme Court ruling, the New Orleans Comité des Citoyens (Committee of Citizens), which had brought the suit and had arranged for Homer Plessy's arrest in an act of civil disobedience in order to challenge Louisiana's segregation law, stated, "We, as freemen, still believe that we were right and our cause is sacred."[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plessy_v._Ferguson

Last edited by othershoe1030 on 5/11/2015, 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:There has been a systemic bias in our culture that cannot be denied by anyone who can objectively look at history. Here is just one very specific example.

Your comments about housing policy is amusing.  Those laws were enacted by Democrats, the KKK started as a radical wing of Democrats.  My opinion has always been that if GOVERNMENT had not interfered and wrote laws prohibiting integration, there would be far less than there is even today.

Please show us where I mentioned political parties in this post. I said it was a systemic characteristic of our entire culture.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:

Why, yes it was. And you have just made the point that the Constitution is a flexible document that wasn't carved on stone tablets.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Off topic as usual

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

KarlRove wrote:Off topic as usual

There's another thread on this topic, Doofus. As for Michelle's speech, I heard a lot of it. She was speaking of her personal trials as the first black First Lady. I have wondered how she dealt with the horrible attacks on her...like some of yours. You can't even bring yourself to use her name. Pathetic, AS USUAL.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Floridatexan wrote:
KarlRove wrote:Off topic as usual

There's another thread on this topic, Doofus. As for Michelle's speech, I heard a lot of it. She was speaking of her personal trials as the first black First Lady. I have wondered how she dealt with the horrible attacks on her...like some of yours. You can't even bring yourself to use her name. Pathetic, AS USUAL.

Doofus stay on task or do you need some Ritalin? How about some Vyvance?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Thus proving my point...

KarlRove

KarlRove

Whatever loser

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:

Your comments about housing policy is amusing.  Those laws were enacted by Democrats, the KKK started as a radical wing of Democrats.  My opinion has always been that if GOVERNMENT had not interfered and wrote laws prohibiting integration, there would be far less than there is even today.

Please show us where I mentioned political parties in this post.
I said it was a systemic characteristic of our entire culture.

Of course Democrats don't want to bring political party into the discussion because they are at fault.

Whenever Progressives/Democrats get caught in an undeniable problem they have caused, then it isn't THEM, IT IS OUR ENTIRE CULTURE.  That's a lie but when that's all you have, you go with it, right?

Last edited by Markle on 5/11/2015, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:

Plessy v. Ferguson, 163 U.S. 537 (1896), was a landmark United States Supreme Court decision upholding the constitutionality of state laws requiring racial segregation in public facilities under the doctrine of "separate but equal".[1]

The decision was handed down by a vote of 7 to 1 with the majority opinion written by Justice Henry Billings Brown and the dissent written by Justice John Marshall Harlan. Louisiana Justice Edward Douglass White was one of the majority: he was a member of the New Orleans Pickwick Club and the Crescent City White League, the latter a paramilitary organization that had supported white supremacy with violence through the 1870s to suppress black voting and regain political power by white property owners.[2]

"Separate but equal" remained standard doctrine in U.S. law until its repudiation in the 1954 Supreme Court decision Brown v. Board of Education.[3]

After the Supreme Court ruling, the New Orleans Comité des Citoyens (Committee of Citizens), which had brought the suit and had arranged for Homer Plessy's arrest in an act of civil disobedience in order to challenge Louisiana's segregation law, stated, "We, as freemen, still believe that we were right and our cause is sacred."[4]

Thank you Captain Obvious.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Lol

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Whatever loser

The first lady of the United States is married to our first black President, who was elected to office twice by the majority of voters in America and a man whose popularity is rising.

Your party, on the other hand, has full control of both houses in congress, and other than voting down the ACA for the 4,978th time, has done little other than bringing forth dozens of bills banning abortion.  And, according to polls, the popularity of the republican dominated congress is abominably low.

Clearly these truths have eaten away at your sanity, and have left you so depressed and aggravated you are reduced to insulting the first lady of the United States, by bastardizing her name.  

Poor baby.  We understand ... better than you will ever realize.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:

Please show us where I mentioned political parties in this post.
I said it was a systemic characteristic of our entire culture.

Of course Democrats don't want to bring political party into the discussion because they are at fault.

Whenever Progressives/Democrats get caught in an undeniable problem they have caused, then it isn't THEM, IT IS OUR ENTIRE CULTURE.  That's a lie but when that's all you have, you go with it, right?

Was it not Lyndon Johnson, a democratic president. who shepherded the civil rights voting act during his administration?  

And indeed, it is bizarre how the two dominant political parties of this country have reversed their original positions on racism. Today the democrats are the champions of racial equality, while their racist opponents do all they can to limit and/or deny the voting rights of Black America.

Even more bizarre, today's all white, all Christian KKK is virtually all Republican!  

Reality!

VectorMan

VectorMan

Racist President Lyndon Baines Johnson 1963... "These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them niggers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years".

Every race has practiced slavery at one point or another. Just depends on how far you want to go back. I'm sure liberals know exactly when the cut off date is. Since they know what is best for everyone. LOL

2seaoat

No cut off date necessary to define evil and moral decadence. You seem very comfortable with the same and make no bones about it that slavery and considering another race less than yourself is a moral choice. So is murder, and the fact that there is no cut off date for murder, does not provide justification for your easy acceptance of those things morally repugnant.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Why did you post this statement? "Was it not the Supreme Court who ruled that SEPARATE BUT EQUAL laws were perfectly fine and constitutional"?

Seems misleading to some readers here who may think you meant that "separate but equal" was a currently held position, which it is not. Sometimes being "obvious" is necessary on this forum.

VectorMan

VectorMan

2seaoat wrote:No cut off date necessary to define evil and moral decadence.  You seem very comfortable with the same and make no bones about it that slavery and considering another race less than yourself is a moral choice.  So is murder, and the fact that there is no cut off date for murder, does not provide justification for your easy acceptance of those things morally repugnant.

You missed the point. I'm not surprised.

2seaoat

You missed the point. I'm not surprised.

Not at all.....you missed that there is no verifiable source for the Johnson quote except an unauthorized biography which like the Hersh article is just make some chit up....which is why racist publication continue to play the same for those who think there is a point.......checker players should stick with checkers.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"...riveting..." "...historic..." "...deeply personal..."

Moochelle at her divisive best at Tuskeegee  Flotus-on-vogue-1-

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

If a thread such as this is started about a speech given by a public figure I think it is only reasonable to post a link to the full speech. The MSM has largely focused on a minute or so of the remarks but here is a full length look at what I thought was a very inspiring talk to a graduating class from a university that has significant meaning for black Americans.

Don't miss the references to students building their campus with bricks they made themselves or reminders about the history of the famous Tuskegee Airmen, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhUKwl5NFgE

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum