Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boxing's Last Hurrah?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boxing's Last Hurrah? Empty Boxing's Last Hurrah? 5/3/2015, 12:06 pm

Sal

Sal

Booooooooooring.

2Boxing's Last Hurrah? Empty Re: Boxing's Last Hurrah? 5/3/2015, 1:24 pm

2seaoat

No last anything. Boxing will be here a century from now. The heavyweight match was boring for those who do not appreciate boxing. This match was five years too late. However, world wide popularity of boxing could not be higher. I boxed in college for a bit with a golden gloves roommate who taught me the finer skills and appreciation for the sport. Not every match is a NASCAR wreck with the big knock out. Folks think baseball is boring. They just do not appreciate the beauty of the sport. MMA's biggest even could not generate 10% the interest of this boxing match.

3Boxing's Last Hurrah? Empty Re: Boxing's Last Hurrah? 5/3/2015, 1:38 pm

Sal

Sal

That was nothing more than an overhyped sparring match.

What a snoozefest.

I've seen great tactical boxing, and that ain't it.

The glory days of Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Sugar Ray, Hitman, Mancini, Duran, etc are over.

4Boxing's Last Hurrah? Empty Re: Boxing's Last Hurrah? 5/3/2015, 1:51 pm

2seaoat

I did not pay for view so I will have to wait to comment. Some argued the same on the heavyweight fight where Mr. K did more wrestling than boxing some argue, but I watched the whole thing and it was a great match. It was not Frazier vs Ali, but a great fight can break out at anytime in boxing. Boxers today approach the Sport much more intelligently than earlier generations. Technically winning a fight is an art, and the big knockout punch is as rare as the no hitter in baseball. The truth is that you still get big knockout punches and there were matches won on points in the good old days.

5Boxing's Last Hurrah? Empty Re: Boxing's Last Hurrah? 5/3/2015, 8:50 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'd probably let Mayweather pound on me a few rounds in exchange for $80 million. Maybe even Mike Tyson for that kind of money.
But not Tex Cobb.

6Boxing's Last Hurrah? Empty Re: Boxing's Last Hurrah? 5/3/2015, 9:08 pm

2seaoat

I'd probably let Mayweather pound on me a few rounds i

Bob......rounds are not five seconds.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum