Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

328 k and the highest attendance in the Southern League

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I got steamrolled for two years saying that a minor league team was coming to Pensacola and the park would be a huge success. Skip and many others kept arguing that it was about the Pelicans, and that Pensacola would never get a minor league team, and never have attendance above 50k.

I was a Studer shill. I was stupid. I did not know what people liked. I was clueless. Well, all the people who pounded me are gone, but the success of the Park was always obvious to thinking human beings who knew baseball. What I find really exciting now is that the Reds are a small market team, and they must survive by investing in their minor league system. We are going to see kids playing in the bigs, and right now the reds are very good and will be getting national attention.

Now, I say Mitt Romney is evil and bad for America, and now I am called a liar, that I am imbalanced and unhealthy, but the truth remains the truth and some things are obvious to those willing to simply embrace honesty and facts, and some no matter how obvious the facts are live in a world blinded and unwilling to think.

Well, all the people who pounded me are gone , Who in the hell are you talking to? I am here, have been here, you have just joined the party[/size] What is happening to day at the Multi use park? This week? This month?

2seaoat

Look.....the park is going to be utilized. It may not be as quick as some like, but they are smart people, and they want to have success. I personally think you are going to see some high school playoff football in the stadium, yet this year, and maybe a college game.

I am up Chicago way with my shot Thursday, but when you get a chance ride over to the park and see if they are doing anything with football markings on the field, or goal posts.....just curious.....because that will be a pretty good sign that they are going to have soccer or football this fall.

I will. Good luck with your shots.

2seaoat wrote:I got steamrolled for two years saying that a minor league team was coming to Pensacola and the park would be a huge success. Skip and many others kept arguing that it was about the Pelicans, and that Pensacola would never get a minor league team, and never have attendance above 50k.

I was a Studer shill. I was stupid. I did not know what people liked. I was clueless. Well, all the people who pounded me are gone, but the success of the Park was always obvious to thinking human beings who knew baseball. What I find really exciting now is that the Reds are a small market team, and they must survive by investing in their minor league system. We are going to see kids playing in the bigs, and right now the reds are very good and will be getting national attention.

Now, I say Mitt Romney is evil and bad for America, and now I am called a liar, that I am imbalanced and unhealthy, but the truth remains the truth and some things are obvious to those willing to simply embrace honesty and facts, and some no matter how obvious the facts are live in a world blinded and unwilling to think.

As with anything else, as the newness wears off the attendance will start to shrink and this is what I have said from the very beginning. Their first year will be their best and then the snowball starts rolling downhill.

As far as sports goes, any event worth a damn has already been scheduled and people have made plans. Too little , too late. Studer is saying to us, It has been fun but it is time for you to go home. See you later.........We will have another big party in April.......
.......328 k and the highest attendance in the Southern League 4[img]328 k and the highest attendance in the Southern League Nytt21[/img]

2seaoat

As with anything else, as the newness wears off the attendance will start to shrink and this is what I have said from the very beginning. Their first year will be their best and then the snowball starts rolling downhill.

My experience with knowing a friend's son who was the radio guy for the Kane County Cougars is just the opposite. There attendance grew each year for the first 10 years as families made a ballgame part of their summer. They expanded the Cougar stadium four times. The Panhandle in my opinion has some of the best baseball played at the high school level in the nation. There are a great many baseball fans, and the Reds if they do well the next couple of years are going to spotlight kids who played in Pensacola.

I also think the tourists are going to start attending one game on their annual beach vacation.....big numbers are coming, and I honestly believe this franchise is going to see 400k in the next five years.

Hey SeaOat. Good luck with the shot.

----------------------------------------

I was against the ballpark because I wanted it to be a bigger and shadier festival gathering place. That's water over the dam. I say let's get this thing utilized... and for big celebrations. Pensacola has outgrown Seville Square. We have more parking, public bathrooms, food service, amphitheater and other facilities at the CMP. Dammit! Let's use the sucker.

Seville Square should be relegated to cozy gatherings that befits the size of the Square. For a while there, they made it look like baseball was going to be the only activity at the CMP, except for weddings and such. (Hell, Seville Square is perfect for weddings and more appropriate.)

Big festivals, music fests, seafood fests... all at the CMP. THAT'S what I'm talking about! Or, does that not fit into Studer's build-out plan for the park property?

Why should Studer care? Any event is just more work for him and t will distract from the beloved Wahoos. He has to keep everyone dependent on the Wahoos. Studer has a big Ego. He has to have the only game in town. If he was serious about utilizing the Ball Park this discussion would not be taking place. What is happening is exactly what people like me said would happen......maybe next year my ass.........

hallmarkgrad wrote: Well, all the people who pounded me are gone , Who in the hell are you talking to? I am here, have been here, you have just joined the party[/size] What is happening to day at the Multi use park? This week? This month?

Lol I'm still here Seaoat. Its no use arguing with you about the Maritime Park. You refuse to face up to the real facts re the park. You spew a lot of nonsense. You dont even live in Pensacola & I doubt you attended ANY wahoo games but let me ask, How many wahoo games did u attend this year?

Hey, the stadium still has ONE retail space they cannot seem to rent out. It took em a long time to rent the other spot out to a yogurt biz, Months after the grand opening.

2seaoat

not one game.....I have been traveling a lot, but this fall if they do a football game and I am feeling better I will go. I had some things happen earlier this year which simply did not let me line up a game, nor do I think I am easily going to sit through a game. I am going to try to see Chicago vs the Tigers Tuesday night as I am in the Chicago area this week, and I am hopeful I will be able to handle the crowds and have easy access to the bathrooms. I have been a White Sox fan since they went to the World Series in 1959. Its funny because as a kid I really liked the Detroit Tigers also.
The endocrine cancer when it has my hormone levels at 500%, those hormones attack the lining of the large intestine.......well sometimes no problems....but other times out of the blue I need to rush to the bathroom very quickly......I have been dealt some bad cards, but actually I am close to living a totally normal life, but missing the Yahoos was not in my plans, but sometimes things just do not work out, and I realize someone upstairs is making the calls.....and I am totally good with that, and hope if there is a football game in November, or late October.....I can watch the same.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum