Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This Picture is Incredible... the exact moment a Syrian tank shell hits Rebels

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Assuming this is accurate, the photographer should win a Pulitzer for this Picture!!!!

This Picture is Incredible... the exact moment a Syrian tank shell hits Rebels F7oyq10

The image from Imgur... a little larger. https://imgur.com/gallery/F7Oyq

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wouldn't the photographer be dead ?

Margin Call

Margin Call

Full set of pics:

http://www.globalpost.com/photo-galleries/planet-pic/5718451/life-and-death-aleppo-photos

Markle

Markle

Yomama wrote:Assuming this is accurate, the photographer should win a Pulitzer for this Picture!!!!

This Picture is Incredible... the exact moment a Syrian tank shell hits Rebels F7oyq10

For many years I have enjoyed being an amateur photographer and once in a while would find an acorn.

Now with technology advancing as it is, not so much. There doesn't seem to be any way to differentiate between real and created. Plus, what is real? Affordable cameras today can transform a video into dozens of crystal clear single shots. Some can take 10 clear shots in one second. Making a photo like the above, easy for almost anyone. Another takes 400 frames per second for your own slow motion.

Then throw in all the affordable photo programs and then the professional software. What ends up being real.

go to the site mc linked... it shows the entire sequence... incredible.

Yomama wrote:Assuming this is accurate, the photographer should win a Pulitzer for this Picture!!!!

I call PHOTOSHOP. If the dude taking the pic was that close, he and his camera are now vapor.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Wouldn't the photographer be dead ?

Yep, dirtnap.

Markle wrote: Some can take 10 clear shots in one second. Making a photo like the above, easy for almost anyone.

You have a valid point, Markle. If you were shooting 35mm film, you wouldn't be squeezing the shutter so often. I have shot 700 photos on a weekend with my old Nikon, and if you're like me, you have shot that many too.

Photographers (and press in general) are currently forbidden by the Syrian regime and probably risk their lives doing their jobs inside Syria. With that in mind, there probably aren't that many photographers inside Syria, and the timing of those shots is awesome.

Thanks, Margin Call, for that link... Surprised

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I call PHOTOSHOP. If the dude taking the pic was that close, he and his camera are now vapor.

It's possible, but with the story Margin Call posted, I have my doubts about it being photoshopped.

Margin Call wrote:Full set of pics:

http://www.globalpost.com/photo-galleries/planet-pic/5718451/life-and-death-aleppo-photos

cmon peeps... check out the sequence mc linked to. once you see that you can call bs if you want. i bet you won't... you'll see what the circumstances were as to how he survived.

VectorMan

VectorMan

There are some awesome telephoto lenses out there these days. With some digital cameras the focal length of the telephoto lens can be multiplied by 1.5. Making a 750mm lens into a 1125mm lens. Like Markel said, there are some cameras that shoot 1080p HD video and you can grab amazing still shots from the video. Amazing! It looks real to me.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

VectorMan wrote:There are some awesome telephoto lenses out there these days. With some digital cameras the focal length of the telephoto lens can be multiplied by 1.5. Making a 750mm lens into a 1125mm lens. Like Markel said, there are some cameras that shoot 1080p HD video and you can grab amazing still shots from the video. Amazing! It looks real to me.

I shoot nothing but videos and capture frames for my stills..great resolution with my rather expensive cameras.

neat pic.

however, the big question here isnt really a pic, unless you just want to talk pics.

it is why are these people fighting?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Rogue wrote:neat pic.

however, the big question here isnt really a pic, unless you just want to talk pics.

CIA stirred em up using old rivalries and armed em then sit back and laugh as CIA people do..kind of like Neocons laugh only more ratlike...

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

CIA stirred em up using old rivalries and armed em then sit back and laugh as CIA people do..kind of like Neocons laugh only more ratlike...

really?

is there anything you dont blame on the cia?

I mean your saying this is all done by the cia for some reason you havnt stated.

did the cia do this to help jews?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Rogue wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

really?

is there anything you dont blame on the cia?

I mean your saying this is all done by the cia for some reason you havnt stated.

did the cia do this to help jews?

CIA been stirring up stuff since they first appeared.

http://calltodiscernment.blogspot.com/2009/12/cia-evil-empire.html

I never would have agreed to the formulation of the Central Intelligence
Agency back in '47, if I had known it would become the American
Gestapo."
Harry S. Truman, 33rd President, 1961

"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to
propagandize and teach the American people to hate, so we will let the
Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."
John Stockwell, former CIA official

"It isn't only Gestapo maniacs who do inhuman things to people. We [the
CIA] are responsible for doing inhuman things on a massive scale to
people all over the world."