Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DNC Move from the 75,000 seat Stadium back to the 24,000 seat convention hall may have had more to do with money than weather.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Move from the 75,000 seat Stadium back to the 24,000 seat convention hall may have had more to do with money than weather. That AND not enough people to bus in from neighboring states.

The weather was fine but it turns out the DNC Convention came up $15 MILLION bill short of their expenses. Something that has to be paid by Obama or the DNC. Can't you see the fumbling to pick THAT CHECK?

From Bloomberg

Democrats Said to End Convention $15 Million Short
By Hans Nichols - Sep 7, 2012 5:44 PM ET

Democrats ended their convention in Charlotte $5 million short of their budget even after being forced to draw down a $10 million line of credit from Duke Energy Corp. (DUK), according to a Democratic Party fundraiser.

That will leave a $15 million bill that eventually will have to be paid by President Barack Obama’s campaign or the Democratic National Committee, according to the fundraiser, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-07/democrats-said-to-end-convention-15-million-short.html

Last edited by Markle on 9/8/2012, 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

It appears they spent the 15 million wisely.......it will take two weeks to look at the polls to see if either party had a bounce from their convention.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:It appears they spent the 15 million wisely.......it will take two weeks to look at the polls to see if either party had a bounce from their convention.

Yep, typical fiscal responsibility of Progressives.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:It appears they spent the 15 million wisely.......it will take two weeks to look at the polls to see if either party had a bounce from their convention.

Yep, typical fiscal responsibility of Progressives.

Not really sure what your point is.....The "we built it" convention also needed a $50million federal grant for security.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Probably more worried about filling seats. The weather excuse was lame at best. Obama just doesn't have the support he used to. I'm sure he is very worried and desperate. It shows on his face.

2seaoat

You need to pay attention. I play poker. I watch people. It pays. I have watched Obama. He seemed to be truely knocked to the floor two years ago. However, six months ago they started to talk about the middle class. He believes what he is saying. You can see the confidence of 2008 has come back, and I suspect the Chicago boyz are going to drop a bomb before the election, and I suspect the ambush will happen in the debates. They know they have something on Romney. Somebody in the McCain campaign or somebody breaking the law has gotten his tax returns. Obama is like a cat who just cornered a mouse...........he will win by a landslide.

Markle

Markle

VectorMan wrote:Probably more worried about filling seats. The weather excuse was lame at best. Obama just doesn't have the support he used to. I'm sure he is very worried and desperate. It shows on his face.

Yes, the weather was beautiful. Probably didn't save that much money what with the rent on the stadium already having been paid. They were just scared to death that it would pale by comparison to last year with his Styrofoam Grecian Columns. In a few years people will look in the dictionary for the word narcissist and there will be his photo.

He was obviously wounded with this speech. He had just received the disastrous employment numbers and had to put a happy face on that fiasco.

2seaoat wrote:You need to pay attention. I play poker. I watch people. It pays. I have watched Obama. He seemed to be truely knocked to the floor two years ago. However, six months ago they started to talk about the middle class. He believes what he is saying. You can see the confidence of 2008 has come back, and I suspect the Chicago boyz are going to drop a bomb before the election, and I suspect the ambush will happen in the debates. They know they have something on Romney. Somebody in the McCain campaign or somebody breaking the law has gotten his tax returns. Obama is like a cat who just cornered a mouse...........he will win by a landslide.

poker player or not...lol obama has a worried look on his face. and even if he does beleive what he is saying about the middle class, doesnt mean its true.

obama needs to run on his record and he cant. hes destroying this country with his radical veiws on everything from healthcare to taxes to energy policies.

He has to go.

NaNook

NaNook

2seaoat wrote:You need to pay attention. I play poker. I watch people. It pays. I have watched Obama. He seemed to be truely knocked to the floor two years ago. However, six months ago they started to talk about the middle class. He believes what he is saying. You can see the confidence of 2008 has come back, and I suspect the Chicago boyz are going to drop a bomb before the election, and I suspect the ambush will happen in the debates. They know they have something on Romney. Somebody in the McCain campaign or somebody breaking the law has gotten his tax returns. Obama is like a cat who just cornered a mouse...........he will win by a landslide.

You missed the point about the MSM spending millions setting up in the BAC Stadium. You know, cameras, generating trucks, personalities, etc.

What happened to the Day1 family day? Canceled.....

We'll see, the MSM forgives you and blames Bush. A refrain you know.... clown

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum