Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Only Appropriate Public Event for Bush is War Crimes Trial

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Transcript:

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=13532

KarlRove

KarlRove

Get over it. Obama has bombed more countries

2seaoat

Neither President Bush nor President Obama will ever see a war crime tribunal. To think otherwise is blind naivety.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Neither President Bush nor President Obama will ever see a war crime tribunal.  To think otherwise is blind naivety.

That is a cynical outlook, Seaoat. If we don't regain our moral path, our country is finished on the international stage. And don't try to equate the actions of Obama with those of Bush. It doesn't wash.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:Get over it. Obama has bombed more countries

Obama didn't orchestrate an invasion of a country (Iraq) that left about 500,000 Iraqis dead.

Not that this would matter to you--you hate Muslims.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Both Presidents were acting under congressional authority to follow terrorists where they believed them to be. This country was attacked by terrorists. The response by both Presidents was appropriate, but just because I do not agree with putting boots on the ground in Iraq does not make the same a war crime, nor is the current President a war criminal for siting terrorists. It is not a question of morality, but a question of reality.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Both Presidents were acting under congressional authority to follow terrorists where they believed them to be.

But the terrorists were not in Iraq prior to our invasion of the country. A severe lapse in judgment preceded our careless invasion of that country. It is like, nobody cared about the horrible aftermath that would follow and drag on for more than a decade.

Now the same neocons and their fellow frat-boy Bibi are trying to cook-up a war with Iran. I bet none of them has thought about nor do they care about the blowback that might result from that. Like they were so successful with their last war (NOT!).

2seaoat

The certainty about Iraq often forgets the Iraq invasion of Kuwait, and the continuing violations of The UN mandates. The same people who are driving ISIS were in command of Iraq. I strongly disagreed with the invasion in hindsight.......but I and many other Americans supported it. We were wrong. Are we and members of Congress also war criminals. The people who manipulated the first war will not succeed again, but putting all the blame on President Bush is as wrong as calling President Obama a war criminal. We all have responsibility for what we did to Iraq.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Both Presidents were acting under congressional authority to follow terrorists where they believed them to be.  This country was attacked by terrorists.  The response by both Presidents was appropriate, but just because I do not agree with putting boots on the ground in Iraq does not make the same a war crime, nor is the current President a war criminal for siting terrorists.  It is not a question of morality, but a question of reality.

It is most certainly a question of morality. And both Presidents were not acting under the same set of circumstances. Read the transcript. Was she lying? Or are you saying that Presidents are above the law?

2seaoat

Or are you saying that Presidents are above the law?

Which law?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:The certainty about Iraq often forgets the Iraq invasion of Kuwait, and the continuing violations of The UN mandates.   The same people who are driving ISIS were in command of Iraq.   I strongly disagreed with the invasion in hindsight.......but I and many other Americans supported it.  We were wrong.  Are we and members of Congress also war criminals.   The people who manipulated the first war will not succeed again, but putting all the blame on President Bush is as wrong as calling President Obama a war criminal.  We all have responsibility for what we did to Iraq.

Your responsibility might be a tad greater than mine. I never voted for Bush...would not have voted for him. I never supported the invasion of Iraq...did not believe the lies that were told...did not and still do not believe that Bush/Cheney were innocent of the events of 9/11. The "people who manipulated the first war" included George H W Bush. No...W doesn't have to shoulder all the blame; he had plenty of help from Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, and his brother Jeb, a PNAC signatory...not to mention the Saudis and their unlikely ally, Israel. My brother was in Saudi Arabia then...fought fires in Kuwait...Poppy wanted a nice neat little war to improve his ratings. He wasn't a popular President. I didn't vote for him either.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Or are you saying that Presidents are above the law?

Which law?

Are we doing semantics now? Our laws and international law.

2seaoat

Are we doing semantics now? Our laws and international law.

No semantics.....just common sense and understanding that our Presidents have not been war criminals. They have made terrible choices throughout our history......but with the exception of Andrew Jackson's behaviors.....none are even close to war criminals.....that is simple crazy talk. But, if there is some law I am not familiar, I am all ears.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by Floridatexan Today at 4:54 pm
2seaoat wrote:

Neither President Bush nor President Obama will ever see a war crime tribunal. To think otherwise is blind naivety.

That is a cynical outlook, Seaoat. If we don't regain our moral path, our country is finished on the international stage. And don't try to equate the actions of Obama with those of Bush. It doesn't wash.
-----
Obama. Is worse. Not only has he bombed more countries, but he has strategically weakened
The United States

KarlRove

KarlRove

by ZVUGKTUBM Today at 6:29 pm
KarlRove wrote:

Get over it. Obama has bombed more countries

Obama didn't orchestrate an invasion of a country (Iraq) that left about 500,000 Iraqis dead.

-----
500k Iraqis didn't die liar.

2seaoat

Obama. Is worse. Not only has he bombed more countries, but he has strategically weakened
The United States

Strategically weakened the United States......really? How do we determine strategic strength....pouring five trillion down a rabbit hole, or bringing thousands of American kids home in body bags?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Are we doing semantics now? Our laws and international law.

No semantics.....just common sense and understanding that our Presidents have not been war criminals.   They have made terrible choices throughout our history......but with the exception of Andrew Jackson's behaviors.....none are even close to war criminals.....that is simple crazy talk.  But, if there is some law I am not familiar, I am all ears.

No, it's not crazy talk. It's the unvarnished truth...something you apparently don't want to hear...so, just slip it under the rug...hey, maybe Jeb can save the day for the GOP. Or...maybe not. Not everything on this list is an actual violation of the law, but many are listed. Now you're acting like you weren't even posting on the PNJ when we had myriad discussions on this subject.

http://www.netrootsmass.net/hughs-bush-scandals-list/

2seaoat

I did not see war crimes on your list.....did I miss something? In regard to your list, it is the same thing that Gomer is trying to do to President Obama and now Hillary......it is simple fanatical partisan nonsense. President Bush made plenty of mistakes. He is not a war criminal.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I did not see war crimes on your list.....did I miss something?  In regard to your list, it is the same thing that Gomer is trying to do to President Obama and now Hillary......it is simple fanatical partisan nonsense.   President Bush made plenty of mistakes.  He is not a war criminal.

Not even close to the same, but you know that. I don't know why you persist in denial. Here's an interactive list of 269 war crimes from a 2009 book by Michael Haas:

http://www.uswarcrimes.com/?page_id=54

2seaoat

legality of war......please......I call chit when Gomer starts talking it, and I sure as hell am calling BS on the legality of war.......Do you think the Japanese were guilty of a war crime for attacking pearl harbor? Come on, President Bush made mistakes......but a war criminal......sorry.......it will not happen anymore than Gomer is going to find Hillary guilty of anything.....pure partisan bs.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:by Floridatexan Today at 4:54 pm
2seaoat wrote:

Neither President Bush nor President Obama will ever see a war crime tribunal.  To think otherwise is blind naivety.

-----
Obama. Is worse. Not only has he bombed more countries, but he has strategically weakened The United States

You are worse than Markle when it comes to pontificating about the President.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:500k Iraqis didn't die liar.

I may have over-estimated, but the body-count was large--many 10s of thousands.  It probably was not big enough to suit you, however--knowing how you feel about Muslims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
KarlRove wrote:Get over it. Obama has bombed more countries

Lie

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
KarlRove wrote:500k Iraqis didn't die liar.

I may have over-estimated, but the body-count was large--many 10s of thousands.  It probably was not big enough to suit you, however--knowing how you feel about Muslims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

You didn't "over-estimate". You lied and a desperate effort to make a point that did not exist.

You should know that Saddam Hussein was responsible for more civilian deaths in Iraq during his reign of terror than occurred during the entire war on terror.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum