Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scott Walker's Wisconsin Miracle

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Heckuva job, Scottie ....

Wisconsin ranks worst among the 50 states in terms of a shrinking middle class, with real median household incomes here falling 14.7 percent since 2000, according to a new report. The Pew Charitable Trust report showed Wisconsin with the largest decline in the percentage of families considered "middle class," or those earning between 67 and 200 percent of their state's median income. In 2000, 54.6 percent of Wisconsin families fell into the middle class category but that has fallen to 48.9 percent in 2013, according to U.S. Census figures compiled by Pew. All other states showed some decline but none as great as Wisconsin's 5.7 percent figure.

In addition, many Wisconsinites are now paying a higher percentage of their income to cover housing costs. In 2000, only 24 percent of state families were spending more than the 30 percent of their income on rent or a mortgage but that has increased to 31 percent. "In most states, the growing percentage of households paying 30 percent (the federal standard for housing affordability) or more of their income on housing illustrates that it is increasingly difficult for many American families to make ends meet," said the Pew report. Also, the median household income in Wisconsin was $60,344 in 2000 but now stands at just $51,467 after adjusting for inflation. That's a dip of 14.7 percent.

http://host.madison.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/report-wisconsin-worst-in-nation-on-shrinking-middle-class/article_f802788b-2405-5e5f-9fe3-522939779911.html

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Has Walker "officially" declared his candidacy for 2016 yet?

He sounds like he has taken Wisconsin exactly where the GOP would like to take the country.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

When you have a POTUS like Obama, not much a governor can do. You guys sound scared though.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Scared of a man who has no college degree.

Sal

Sal

Alas ....

"No one in this world, so far as I know—and I have researched the records for years, and employed agents to help me—has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby."

[sigh]

2seaoat

I actually like some of Walker's policy positions based on his resentment of public employees arrogance that they deserve more.......in this regard I think he represents a lot of Americans who have had their fill of the tail wagging the dog. However, when he attacks unions and their right to collect dues and organize, it is fighting a stupid battle. He should be cutting back the entitlements for public employees, not trying to take away their right to organize and counter inefficiency in government and unfairness. Finally, if you have listened to the tape where he thought he was talking to the Koch brother, he just comes off as one more overly ambitious kid picked last in gym class. He reminds me however of the pragmatism of Richard Nixon, and although he is pandering to the Oligarchy, some of his criticism of the public employee sector are dead cinch correct.

Also, the claims that Walker did all these great things for Wisconsin , or put it in the tank......are all within the context of the general american economy.

Sal

Sal

Contractionary policies are contractionary.

Whuddathunkit?

2seaoat

Contractionary policies are contractionary.

Whuddathunkit?

They are, but if Mr. Walker just abandoned his anti union fervor and quit being such a shill for the Oligarchy, he actually has some pretty good arguments about police, fire, and teachers......as a former county administrator he gets the abuses. However, when he attacks unions rather than the abuses, he is nothing more than a tool of repression and part of this nation's theft of our middle class. Contraction works where contraction is necessary, and expansion works where expansion is necessary. We need contraction in Police and fire, and yes.....get mad at me in education where teachers are routinely getting 70k pensions in Wisconsin which is not sustainable, any more than they are in Illinois or New Jersey.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I actually like some of Walker's policy positions based on his resentment of public employees arrogance that they deserve more.......in this regard I think he represents a lot of Americans who have had their fill of the tail wagging the dog.  However, when he attacks unions and their right to collect dues and organize, it is fighting a stupid battle.   He should be cutting back the entitlements for public employees, not trying to take away their right to organize and counter inefficiency in government and unfairness.   Finally, if you have listened to the tape where he thought he was talking to the Koch brother, he just comes off as one more overly ambitious kid picked last in gym class.  He reminds me however of the pragmatism of Richard Nixon, and although he is pandering to the Oligarchy, some of his criticism of the public employee sector are dead cinch correct.  

Also, the claims that Walker did all these great things for Wisconsin , or put it in the tank......are all within the context of the general american economy.

Meanwhile, Minnesota doesn't seem to have the same problems as Wisconsin.
This guy's a fraud...also a Bush cousin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum