Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

U.S.A. -- who do you trust?

+4
othershoe1030
Floridatexan
ZxxxZ
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/13/2015, 3:19 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

I can remember when it was Roosevelt running for his fourth term.  I remember Truman vs. Dewey -- and this was back when while there was some skepticism about politicians, mostly we believed that Truman and Dewey were good and honest men who's approach although markedly different, was aimed at bettering our country for all.

People mostly loved Kennedy because they trusted him.

Nixon educated us to political reality.

Through all this, the media we read and listen to and watch grew in it's breadth and depth.

The old Movietone news we watched during WWII at our local theaters was often two weeks old.

By Korea it was a week old.

By Vietnam it was three days old.

By Gulf War I it was a day or less.

Now, with the wonders of the internet two important factors have emerged:  1) the news may be minutes old and 2) it is no longer controlled by networks, or governments.

Through all this media and real time development our country and the world has changed.  A politician can't lie and expect to get away with it anymore.  America is hundred of times smarter now than it was when Roosevelt ran.  If there's a lie, or a flaw, hundreds of people will find it and broadcast it over the net.

Speaking for myself, I no longer trust any politicians, ours or anyone elses'. 

Do you?

2U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Who do you trust ? 3/13/2015, 6:54 pm

ZxxxZ

Certainly not the government, in the last few years the outright lies that come from some politicians is disgraceful , there's very little effort in concealing lies when it comes to politicians, and when caught in the lie , they just don't give a s *** , Obama and his you can keep your doctor is a perfect example, and why should they care, nobodies going to do anything to them. We're in a time that our leaders are operating without fear of prosecution , I'll stop here and say, it's always been like this, only now it's an outright lie in your face and So What. I personally have had it with democrats, I only hope we get a republican in office in 2016. We need to have laws that when politicians do openly lie to us that they be held responsible for that, no more letting this lie or that lie slip into time , we need a time of accountability for actions, That's something many of them have forgotten. Of course in today's world I wouldn't trust the government with a can of corn.

3U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/13/2015, 8:26 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZxxxZ wrote:Certainly not the government, in the last few years the outright lies that come from some politicians is disgraceful , there's very little effort in concealing lies when it comes to politicians, and when caught in the lie , they just don't give a s *** , Obama and his you can keep your doctor is a perfect example, and why should they care, nobodies going to do anything to them.   We're in a time that our leaders are operating without fear of prosecution , I'll stop here and say, it's always been like this, only now it's an outright lie in your face and So What. I personally have had it with democrats, I only hope we get a republican in office in 2016.    We need to have laws that when politicians do openly lie to us that they be held responsible for that, no more letting this lie or that lie slip into time , we need a time of accountability for actions, That's something many of them have forgotten. Of course in today's world I wouldn't trust the government with a can of corn.

Oh, good. Somebody's got a new sock. Wishing for a Republican in the White House is like praying for Armageddon.

4U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/13/2015, 8:32 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Oh, good. Somebody's got a new sock. Wishing for a Republican in the White House is like praying for Armageddon.

yup, it is the same wish/prayer.

5U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/13/2015, 8:38 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wordslinger wrote:I can remember when it was Roosevelt running for his fourth term.  I remember Truman vs. Dewey -- and this was back when while there was some skepticism about politicians, mostly we believed that Truman and Dewey were good and honest men who's approach although markedly different, was aimed at bettering our country for all.

People mostly loved Kennedy because they trusted him.

Nixon educated us to political reality.

Through all this, the media we read and listen to and watch grew in it's breadth and depth.

The old Movietone news we watched during WWII at our local theaters was often two weeks old.

By Korea it was a week old.

By Vietnam it was three days old.

By Gulf War I it was a day or less.

Now, with the wonders of the internet two important factors have emerged:  1) the news may be minutes old and 2) it is no longer controlled by networks, or governments.

Through all this media and real time development our country and the world has changed.  A politician can't lie and expect to get away with it anymore.  America is hundred of times smarter now than it was when Roosevelt ran.  If there's a lie, or a flaw, hundreds of people will find it and broadcast it over the net.

Speaking for myself, I no longer trust any politicians, ours or anyone elses'. 

Do you?

It's technology. With all the cell phone recording devices it is usually just a matter of time before someone posts on YouTube the actual event (whatever it is) showing in real time and from several different angles just what happened. It is hard for the pols to get away with anything these days. Mitt's 47% comment comes to mind.

I think if anyone saves us it will be the Nerds. They can hack into anything these days and could disrupt global transactions or communications if they wanted to.

Who was it that said, trust but verify? I know, I know but it is true. We don't really NEED to trust anyone because we have so many research tools at our disposal. Not to say we will use them...

6U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/13/2015, 10:51 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Floridatexan wrote:
ZxxxZ wrote:Certainly not the government, in the last few years the outright lies that come from some politicians is disgraceful , there's very little effort in concealing lies when it comes to politicians, and when caught in the lie , they just don't give a s *** , Obama and his you can keep your doctor is a perfect example, and why should they care, nobodies going to do anything to them.   We're in a time that our leaders are operating without fear of prosecution , I'll stop here and say, it's always been like this, only now it's an outright lie in your face and So What. I personally have had it with democrats, I only hope we get a republican in office in 2016.    We need to have laws that when politicians do openly lie to us that they be held responsible for that, no more letting this lie or that lie slip into time , we need a time of accountability for actions, That's something many of them have forgotten. Of course in today's world I wouldn't trust the government with a can of corn.

Oh, good.  Somebody's got a new sock.  Wishing for a Republican in the White House is like praying for Armageddon.  

And Obama has brought us to the brink of Armageddon with his Iran deal

7U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/13/2015, 11:36 pm

Markle

Markle

Here is the fine situation semi-retired President Obama.

U.S.A. -- who do you trust? ISIS%20map%203%202015_zpsssbij9p3

8U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/14/2015, 5:45 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Here is the fine situation semi-retired President Obama.

"Here is the fine situation semi-retired Obama?"

Semi-Sane "I KNOW NOSSING" Markle, are you on your meds again?

9U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/14/2015, 10:34 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This map reminds me of a propaganda piece we were shown as 4th graders. It was a map of the world with countries turning red while menacing music played in the background and a deep male voice warned that the communist scourge was spreading quickly.

What we children were supposed to do about this I do not know. It was just meant to plant the seed of impending disaster I guess, same as this map.

10U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Who do you trust ? 3/14/2015, 3:17 pm

ZxxxZ

For the world I can't understand why some people refuse to see what's happening in the world around us. It's not the communism we have to worry about, it's the billion Muslims that want to bestow, granted by force, their religion on us, and that's if they don't sneak a suit case sized nuke in first and level one of our cities. But more likely with the million plus Muslims here , along with the nation of Islam , our home grown version that's been recruiting in the prisons here for years to whatever black that has a beef with the establishment. This is a real threat to life in America as we know it, and when you have a pro Islamic president that refuses to call a spade a spade , no pun intended, when something big does happen here do to his negligence, we're gonna have to protect ourselves and our families from the aftermath. Obama will be nice and warm in his bunker. I suppose that map will still be instrument of propaganda . Unfortunately unbelievable !

11U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/14/2015, 3:20 pm

Sal

Sal

ZxxxZ wrote:For the world I can't understand why some people refuse to see what's happening in the world around us.   It's not the communism we have to worry about, it's the billion Muslims that want to bestow, granted by force, their religion on us, and that's if they don't sneak a suit case sized nuke in first and level one of our cities. But more likely with the million plus Muslims here , along with the nation of Islam , our home grown version that's been recruiting in the prisons here for years to whatever black that has a beef with the establishment. This is a real threat to life in America as we know it, and when you have a pro Islamic president that refuses to call a spade a spade , no pun intended,  when something big does happen here do to his negligence, we're gonna have to protect ourselves and our families from the aftermath. Obama will be nice and warm in his bunker. I suppose that map will still be instrument of propaganda . Unfortunately unbelievable !  

Boo!

12U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/14/2015, 3:26 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ZxxxZ wrote:For the world I can't understand why some people refuse to see what's happening in the world around us.   It's not the communism we have to worry about, it's the billion Muslims that want to bestow, granted by force, their religion on us, and that's if they don't sneak a suit case sized nuke in first and level one of our cities. But more likely with the million plus Muslims here , along with the nation of Islam , our home grown version that's been recruiting in the prisons here for years to whatever black that has a beef with the establishment. This is a real threat to life in America as we know it, and when you have a pro Islamic president that refuses to call a spade a spade , no pun intended,  when something big does happen here do to his negligence, we're gonna have to protect ourselves and our families from the aftermath. Obama will be nice and warm in his bunker. I suppose that map will still be instrument of propaganda . Unfortunately unbelievable !  

Duh, of course it's not the communists any longer. I was (as most readers will have recognized) just remarking at how similar the propaganda tool was, identical really.

Boo, too!

13U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/14/2015, 3:54 pm

2seaoat

Boo, too!

Quit making them more afraid.......get a night light at WalMart, and everything will be ok......no Muslim boogeymen will get you at night. Bob knows where to get burglar bars for your doors, and Pace could probably tell you where to buy a handgun. T could help with building an underground shelter and once you are all dug in......take a deep breath.....the Muslims will not get you.

14U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Who do you trust ? 3/14/2015, 4:32 pm

ZxxxZ

I find that most people that have a cavalier attitude towards current events , and jab their speers tipped with puns , their the ones with a well stocked gun locker and provisions for a year . They also seem to disappear from sight , both physically and inq cyberspace.

15U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/14/2015, 5:05 pm

Sal

Sal

ZxxxZ wrote:I find that most people that  have a cavalier attitude towards current events , and jab their speers tipped with puns , their the ones with a well stocked gun locker and provisions for a year . They also seem to  disappear from sight , both physically and inq cyberspace.

Nah, dude ...

... black people with a beef with the establishment, mooslim terrorists, pro Islamic President, and spades ...

... throw in some anchor babies, and you'll have it covered.

You're the whole package!

16U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Who do you trust ? 3/14/2015, 5:32 pm

ZxxxZ

Well of course I'm not as smart as you, but I know what's going on around the country and plenty of countries around the world. I believe the glasses that I see what's happening , the lens are clear. Neither through republican glasses, nor democratic or conservative glasses, just through a pair of reality glasses. I see you and I go to different optometrist.

17U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/14/2015, 8:21 pm

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:

This map reminds me of a propaganda piece we were shown as 4th graders. It was a map of the world with countries turning red while menacing music played in the background and a deep male voice warned that the communist scourge was spreading quickly.

What we children were supposed to do about this I do not know. It was just meant to plant the seed of impending disaster I guess, same as this map.

Like all Progressives, when they cannot refute the facts, they make every attempt to change the subject.

18U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Who do you trust ? 3/14/2015, 8:45 pm

ZxxxZ

Finally ! Someone that can call the truth for what it is. If it walks like an Obama, talks like an Obama and looks like an Obama, it's a damm Obama. The truth be told.

19U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/14/2015, 8:54 pm

Sal

Sal

ZxxxZ wrote:Finally !  Someone that can call the truth for what it is. If it walks like an Obama, talks like an Obama and looks like an Obama, it's a damm Obama.    The truth be told.

He's calling a spade a spade again.

How transparent can you be?

20U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Who do you trust ? 3/14/2015, 10:03 pm

ZxxxZ

Galbraith is dead .

21U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/14/2015, 10:32 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZxxxZ wrote:Galbraith is dead  .

So is Hitler. What's your point?

22U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Who do you trust ? 3/14/2015, 10:50 pm

ZxxxZ

I keep seeing a quote by him , I wasn't sure you knew he's dead, like he's quote. Gimme a better one then that used up one. I know you can do better than that.

23U.S.A. -- who do you trust? Empty Re: U.S.A. -- who do you trust? 3/14/2015, 11:08 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Like all Progressives, when they cannot refute the facts, they make every attempt to change the subject.  

I wasn't changing the subject I was pointing out the re-treading of  an old propaganda method designed to scare people into thinking the foe was much stronger and menacing than they were.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum