Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why I hate insurance companies

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why I hate insurance companies Empty Why I hate insurance companies 6/14/2012, 10:05 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Since getting married, I have been in the process of getting my wife switched over to to my insurance plan through my employer. She had a plan with Blue Cross and I have a plan with Blue Cross, so she is merely switching from Blue Cross to Blue Cross. Simple.

Blue Cross refused to cancel her plan with her employer until she could prove to them that she had insurance through my employer. That seemed odd, but whatever. That basically caused us to pay for an extra month on her policy that we should not have. Nevertheless, we waited for some sort of document that proved she had insurance and provided it. Problem solved.

Yesterday, my wife received a letter from the new Blue Cross plan stating that they were basically not going to cover any medical service for her for a year unless she could prove that she had prior insurance coverage!

What kind of BS is that? "I'm not going to let you leave unless you prove to me you have coverage elsewhere" and then "I'm not going to cover you unless you prove you had prior coverage". Keep in mind that this is all taking place within the same company.

no stress

no stress

They are notorious for the right hand not knowing what the left one is doing. I cant tell you how many times I have been through their grievance process if similar BS.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum