Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Texas to open fastest US highway with 85 mph limit

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Texas will soon open a stretch of highway with the highest speed limit in the country.

The Texas Transportation Commission has approved the 85 mph speed limit for a 41-mile-long toll road near the increasingly crowded Interstate 35 corridor between Austin and San Antonio

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/06/texas-to-open-fastest-us-highway-with-85-mph-limit/?test=latestnews#ixzz25mZpSQFX

Remind me to not drive in this area.. What a Face

At 85 it will only take a split second to run off the road while texting.. I like it..

Nekochan

Nekochan

Texans are already driving 85+ MPH. Might as well make it legal.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Who disliked Chrissy on her post? What is there to dislike? All she did was post a news article.

Nekochan wrote:Who disliked Chrissy on her post? What is there to dislike? All she did was post a news article.
She has a fan..

Nekochan

Nekochan

I guess she does.

I thought the speed limit on HWY 29 was 85 mph? Seems like it sometimes.

nochain wrote:I thought the speed limit on HWY 29 was 85 mph? Seems like it sometimes.

I usually run about 5 over... about 70 in a 65... and in Molino I go 60 in the 55. It is strange that I keep up with traffic in the 65 mph zone, but everybody goes past me in Molino. It's as if the speed zone didn't change to 55 at all.

It's that way on the Interstates too. Get into a construction zone and if I don't go at least 60 in a 50 zone, I'll get the meanest looks from people as they pass me. (I'm still usually the slowest driver in the construction zones.)

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

I opened up my BMW M3 on US 29 North of Molino one time... 143 mph! What a rush...

Yomama wrote:
nochain wrote:I thought the speed limit on HWY 29 was 85 mph? Seems like it sometimes.

I usually run about 5 over... about 70 in a 65... and in Molino I go 60 in the 55. It is strange that I keep up with traffic in the 65 mph zone, but everybody goes past me in Molino. It's as if the speed zone didn't change to 55 at all.

It's that way on the Interstates too. Get into a construction zone and if I don't go at least 60 in a 50 zone, I'll get the meanest looks from people as they pass me. (I'm still usually the slowest driver in the construction zones.)

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

I opened up my BMW M3 on US 29 North of Molino one time... 143 mph! What a rush...

I never drive that fast. matter of a fact if I get up to 75 I get a little scared.

I think if I went to this area I would get killed. I cant drive 85..... No

People in Texas are some of the stupidest on earth.Look at their Governor. Why people want to go 85 mph and risk their life is beyond comprehension. We'll soon be seeing the death statistics in accidents in Texas.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Texas to open fastest US highway with 85 mph limit Montana+speed+limit+jpg12419046081262907980

This is how it was in Montana like ten years ago.

Eric, I took a 1967 Plymouth Fury III up to 125mph on I-10. It still had plenty of more on the gas pedal, but I was 17 and that was fast enough. It was a giant behemoth of a car.

Texas to open fastest US highway with 85 mph limit 38242040001_large

Last edited by VectorMan on 9/9/2012, 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

I got up to 110mph in a Chevy (Impala? Malibu? can't remember for sure which) back in 1972 when I was driving to Dallas. All those miles and miles of what was then empty interstate, it was easy to drive that fast without even realizing it. Now, I can't go 70 without getting nervous.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Nekochan wrote:Who disliked Chrissy on her post? What is there to dislike? All she did was post a news article.

I would say dreams but she hasn't figured out how to vote yet. The + and - signs can be very confusing for less intelligent people.
Perhaps an on-line tutorial would help.

VectorMan wrote:Texas to open fastest US highway with 85 mph limit Montana+speed+limit+jpg12419046081262907980

This is how it was in Montana like ten years ago.

Eric, I took a 1967 Plymouth Fury III up to 125mph on I-10. It still had plenty of more on the gas pedal, but I was 17 and that was fast enough. It was a giant behemoth of a car.

Texas to open fastest US highway with 85 mph limit 38242040001_large

you know. that is just a really cool old car. i like it....

Texas to open fastest US highway with 85 mph limit Th?id=i.4587597011223943&pid=1

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k

Very Happy

Nekochan wrote:Texans are already driving 85+ MPH. Might as well make it legal.

Interstate 65 in Alabama is already 85+ mph. Screw Texas!

BP wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Texans are already driving 85+ MPH. Might as well make it legal.

Interstate 65 in Alabama is already 85+ mph. Screw Texas!

you better call texas and tell em they aint first...

and i better win the lotto so i can have a driver when im older. my gosh in 10 years itll be a free for all on the highway and ill be the little old granny on the road trying to keep it between the lines going 85, fist clinched to the stering wheel saying to myself, damn your goin fast old lady.....and all the youngins and MEN will be going 125. Suspect

Seems to me men like to drive faster than women. not that some women dont like it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum