Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

America: A nation of immigrants

+3
Sal
KarlRove
nadalfan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1America: A nation of immigrants Empty America: A nation of immigrants 2/13/2015, 6:41 am

nadalfan

http://www.vox.com/2015/1/12/7474897/immigration-america-maps

35 maps illustrating the history of immigration. Very informative and interesting.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Does it mention that previous generations of immigrants didnt come here to subvert the country and.ballkanize it from within?

How about the fact that most left their mother counties and threw off old ways and such to include language in an effort to be better accepted and assimilate into society? Oh sure, language might have been spoken in the home, but there was a concerted effort to master English (especially where kids werr comcerned) and fit in with the rest of society that
Existed outside the home.

Previous generations of immigrants didnt come here with their hand out. They came here with the understanding that HARD WORK, not handouts would be the norm. How is it that previous generations of
Immigrants made it just fine here without assistance, yet we give free stuff galore and even EITC to them as well which is another form of welfare that they
don't contribute towards one bit?

It bothers me that on top of the freeloaders we already have in this country, that we're adding a low skilled, non-English speaking set of subgroups that are going to be two generations at best from possibly continuing towards this country unless they find a way to disconnect themselves from the DNC methods of government handouts and begin to do for themselves. Rarely do people ever leave government assistance once on it. We csn look towards LBJs Great Society programs and we csn see rhe failure of that effort with multiple generations of black citizens never being able to or wanting to cut the umbilical cord President Johnson created.

nadalfan

KarlRove wrote:Does it mention that previous generations of immigrants didnt come here to subvert the country and.ballkanize it from within?

How about the fact that most left their mother counties and threw off old ways and such to include language in an effort to be better accepted and assimilate into society? Oh sure, language might have been spoken in the home, but there was a concerted effort to master English (especially where kids werr comcerned) and fit in with the rest of society that

Previous generations of immigrants didnt come here with their hand out. They came here with the understanding that HARD WORK, not handouts would be the norm. How is it that previous generations of
Immigrants made it just fine here without assistance, yet we give free stuff galore and even EITC to them as well which is another form of welfare that they

It bothers me that on top of the freeloaders we already have in this country, that we're adding a low skilled, non-English speaking set of subgroups that are going to be two generations at best from possibly continuing towards this country unless they find a way to disconnect themselves from the DNC methods of government handouts and begin to do for themselves. Rarely do people ever leave government assistance once on it. We csn look towards LBJs Great Society programs and we csn see rhe failure of that effort with multiple generations of black citizens never being able to or wanting to cut the umbilical cord President Johnson created.

I suspect all your immigration fears were probably also expressed by other anti-immigration people in the past.

"Rarely do people ever leave government assistance once on it." That is false, just look up the statistics

KarlRove

KarlRove

You leave out all the times when immigration was halted
as well. That goes back all the way to the admin of President Adams.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Educate yourself with this link-

http://www.flowofhistory.org/themes/movement_settlement/uspolicytimeline.php

If there ever was a time when immigration should be highly regulated, it would be now.

Sal

Sal

PeeDawg's selective outrage is obviously predicated on melanin level.

KarlRove

KarlRove

No, I'd like to see a plan to pay for it all and not put the last stake into the economic heart of the middle class. If I wanted to live in a third world pee pot, I would move to Central America.

nadalfan

KarlRove wrote:No, I'd like to see a plan to pay for it all and not put the last stake into the economic heart of the middle class.  If I wanted to live in a third world pee pot, I would move to Central America.

All the more reason to pass a comprehensive immigration bill, right?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

KarlRove wrote:No, I'd like to see a plan to pay for it all and not put the last stake into the economic heart of the middle class.  If I wanted to live in a third world pee pot, I would move to Central America.

Immigrants did not "put the last stake into the economic heart of the middle class". That was accomplished largely through Republican laissez-faire policies and profligate spending.

nadalfan wrote:

All the more reason to pass a comprehensive immigration bill, right?

America: A nation of immigrants Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQil9vmPF5QZWZI6OEvDt4J3r29DfxYaOOgQ7Ni22cAY6aaDdQzRQ

By comprehensive you mean that we are going to allow ten legal immigrants to come here from places other than the Western Hemisphere for every amnesty that you want to hand out to your special minority grouping and half of those new 'legal' immigrants will come from SE Asia... right?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NaQZojWi6U

Smile

Markle

Markle

nadalfan wrote:
KarlRove wrote:Does it mention that previous generations of immigrants didnt come here to subvert the country and.ballkanize it from within?

I suspect all your immigration fears were probably also expressed by other anti-immigration people in the past.

"Rarely do people ever leave government assistance once on it."  That is false, just look up the statistics

Show us the statistics you purport to have from current years. Not prior to semi-retired President Obama.

2seaoat

I will make this simple. Every economist knows that on Macro economics immigration is a huge plus. People fuel economic growth. America has a low birth rate and a huge country. When we have net immigration growth.......the majority of the time the Macro Economic truth stands unchallenged. During economic downturns or following recessions as jobs are recovering......immigration can magnify systemic problems of both employment and productivity. Over a ten year period in American history could an American Economist in a peer reviewed article show where immigration was in fact bad for America? No! Certainly there can be smaller time frames, but the exception does not make the rule. Immigration is and has always been very good for America. Ad hoc examples to the contrary, and at a micro level do not challenge the economic truth that immigration has been good for America.

2seaoat wrote:I will make this simple.  Every economist knows that on Macro economics immigration is a huge plus.  People fuel economic growth.  America has a low birth rate and a huge country.  When we have net immigration growth.......the majority of the time the Macro Economic truth stands unchallenged.  During economic downturns or following recessions as jobs are recovering......immigration can magnify systemic problems of both employment and productivity.  Over a ten year period in American history could an American Economist in a peer reviewed article show where immigration was in fact bad for America?  No!   Certainly there can be smaller time frames, but the exception does not make the rule.  Immigration is and has always been very good for America.  Ad hoc examples to the contrary, and at a micro level do not challenge the economic truth that immigration has been good for America.

America: A nation of immigrants Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-Mo1iBVVD0TE5WdWNJ1TBflLsJzL_PeneqCLIolAKt2nCCkw7

Then compromise and open the floodgates for legal immigrants from other parts of the world to come here so we can have a real economic boom.

At ten legal's for every amnesty you want to grant the construction industry should be busy for years trying to do catch up building houses for everyone.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rfKYm_3-M0

Smile

KarlRove

KarlRove

by 2seaoat Yesterday at 8:07 pm
I will make this simple. Every economist knows that on Macro economics immigration is a huge plus. People fuel economic growth. America has a low birth rate and a huge country. When we have net immigration growth.......the majority of the time the Macro Economic truth stands unchallenged. During economic downturns or following recessions as jobs are recovering......immigration can magnify systemic problems of both employment and productivity. Over a ten year period in American history could an American Economist in a peer reviewed article show where immigration was in fact bad for America? No! Certainly there can be smaller time frames, but the exception does not make the rule. Immigration is and has always been very good for America. Ad hoc examples to the contrary, and at a micro level do not challenge the economic truth that immigration has been good for America.
-----
Only when we are having good economic times and we are bringing in people who can contribute at a high level. The illegals running over the border have arrived at a time of neither instance being true for this nation. The recovery has been for the 1% only .... Not the middle or lower classes at all which has been stated as fact in another thread

2seaoat

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/amnestybonus.asp

KarlRove

KarlRove

by Floridatexan Yesterday at 2:54 pm
KarlRove wrote:

No, I'd like to see a plan to pay for it all and not put the last stake into the economic heart of the middle class. If I wanted to live in a third world pee pot, I would move to Central America.

Immigrants did not "put the last stake into the economic heart of the middle class". That was accomplished largely through Republican laissez-faire policies and profligate spending.
----
Your head is in the sand as usual. If millions of illegals are granted amnesty, who pays for it all? Who pays for the additonal Obamacare? The additonall welfare? Its the middle class. The rich will ensure the laws are written so it comes to pass.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Floridatexan wrote:

Immigrants did not "put the last stake into the economic heart of the middle class".  That was accomplished largely through Republican laissez-faire policies and profligate spending.

cheers cheers cheers

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

KarlRove wrote:by Floridatexan Yesterday at 2:54 pm
KarlRove wrote:

No, I'd like to see a plan to pay for it all and not put the last stake into the economic heart of the middle class.  If I wanted to live in a third world pee pot, I would move to Central America.

----
Your head is in the sand as usual.  If millions of illegals are granted amnesty, who pays for it all? Who pays for the additonal Obamacare? The additonall welfare? Its the middle class. The rich will ensure the laws are written so it comes to pass.

Sounds like you are assuming that none of these immigrants hold jobs or contribute to the economy? Aren't they largely working and paying taxes too? Why do you assume there will be a cost to taxpayers?

2seaoat

Immigrants come here to work and improve the life of their children. People who are fearful of immigrants are usually people who are skating in life.....living off those immigrants who came before. Never met an illegal immigrant who was not hard working.....and I have known a great many.

2seaoat wrote:Immigrants come here to work and improve the life of their children.  People who are fearful of immigrants are usually people who are skating in life.....living off those immigrants who came before.   Never met an illegal immigrant who was not hard working.....and I have known a great many.

America: A nation of immigrants Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkqbo3aCoD5-n9ISoWhm0glRoFgchMIYFhnOwQaHddnK6kFEWD

So now you're suggesting that illegal immigrants are better than legal immigrants.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum