Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama to ask for new set of war powers against ISIS

+4
boards of FL
2seaoat
Sal
KarlRove
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

KarlRove

KarlRove

OK, only if he is going in and getting it right. I think a "bull in a China shop" would be the best analogy here and we need to be a bull on steroids. I'm not for limiting this by time or geography as we all know these groups morph. That info would just leak and be used by ISIS to their advantage.

No hemming and hawing. Determine the size of the force needed for a response and add to it 50%. There should be no mamby pamby ROEs. If it is ISIS and it's moving, terminate it with extreme prejudice. Everything should be on the table to include tactical nukes.

Saddam controlled these folks through fear. It's time we started fighting by a set of rules and conditions that get their attention. If we make an example of ISIS, it will bring peace to this region for years to come.

The only way I am against this is if we go in and treat ISIS with kid gloves and then start negotiating at the first sign ISIS knows that they cannot win. It's at that point we push even harder. Marines showed the way in Fallujah and Ramadi. All was quiet there until Obama set up a public withdrawal date and deadline. Then it was just a matter of time until things were back to pre battle days in the aforementioned cities. This time we just tell the world, we'll leave when we feel like the job is done so shut up and enjoy the light show.

If we aren't going in to win, but to try to "win hearts and minds", forget it. Don't ask for the American people's support.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-to-send-his-new-war-powers-request-to-capitol-hill/ar-AA9csBB

KarlRove

KarlRove

Before you ask....how many folks in total would I send? Gotta be at least 250k boots on the ground-no less. Everything we need is already in place to be used in surrounding nations where we have bases. All we gotta do is get it done.  I think from initial push with the people in place and ready to rumble, we can get this done before the end of the year, but again, no mamby pamby ROEs. No kid gloves. NO MEDIA EITHER. They've proven to be worse than the enemy for trying to prevent us from achieving our goals. If they don't like it, too bad. They blew their chance previously. Want to know what happened and how it went? Ask a vet when he comes home.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/02/10/syria-coalition-third-parties/23159669/

I think the request should be denied.

Sal

Sal

Well, it's never worked before, so I don't see how it could fail this time.

You're certifiable, soldier boy.

2seaoat

Everything should be on the table to include tactical nukes.

Tactical nukes for some 50 cal chevy pick ups.....you embellish your military experience, but sadly you really do not understand much. ISIS will melt into the civilian population, and we can kill another 100k Iraqi civilians with conventional weapons and 250k boots on the ground.....we cannot fix stupid in this country. It is an incurable disease which is fed daily by the MIC.

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:Everything should be on the table to include tactical nukes.

Tactical nukes for some 50 cal chevy pick ups.....you embellish your military experience, but sadly you really do not understand much.  ISIS will melt into the civilian population, and we can kill another 100k Iraqi civilians with conventional weapons and 250k boots on the ground.....we cannot fix stupid in this country.  It is an incurable disease which is fed daily by the MIC.

Yep, it is overkill. I know it, but it will make an impression on the survivors that will last generations. These roaches have survived it all now. We can't use chem weapons, but nukes will do. No more roaches and if there are any that do live to tell....they won't.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Sal wrote:Well, it's never worked before, so I don't see how it could fail this time.

It will work if we let the generals be generals and keep the politicians out of the war planning. I would make it as bad as I could for ISIS...and then some.

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:Before you ask....how many folks in total would I send? Gotta be at least 250k boots on the ground-no less.

Stay in school, kids.

2seaoat

I would make it as bad as I could for ISIS...and then some.

So Canada decides to take out criminal gangs on Chicago's west side who have been importing heroin into Canada, and doing gruesome executions of families of Canadian gang bangers......Canada sends 250k troops into America, and lights up a couple of tactical nukes.......do you suppose the problem would be solved, or would it be worse? I know you would curl up in the fetal position and say.......by golly those folks are bad asz.....I give up. Now other Americans, even us fisherman who have enjoyed visiting Canada, sure would not curl up in the fetal position.....we would behead Justin Bieber......and yell......God is great......but his music and country sucks. We would ban Hockey in America, and make ice fishing illegal and make Moosehead beer illegal.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:Well, it's never worked before, so I don't see how it could fail this time.

Anyone who openly advocates the use of nuclear weapons is certifiably mad. Be thankful he's not a politician. Can you imagine him in Congress?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote: I would make it as bad as I could for ISIS...and then some.

So Canada decides to take out criminal gangs on Chicago's west side who have been importing heroin into Canada, and doing gruesome executions of families of Canadian gang bangers......Canada sends 250k troops into America, and lights up a couple of tactical nukes.......do you suppose the problem would be solved, or would it be worse?   I know you would curl up in the fetal position and say.......by golly those folks are bad asz.....I give up.  Now other Americans, even us fisherman who have enjoyed visiting Canada, sure would not curl up in the fetal position.....we would behead Justin Bieber......and yell......God is great......but his music and country sucks.  We would ban Hockey in America, and make ice fishing illegal and make Moosehead beer illegal.

Uh, the problem would have been handled by our folks way before Canada got involved. You are assuming we have an inept way of dealing with that group. We don't. Canada and the US would work together on it.

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Can you imagine him in Congress?

I'm imagining Lindsey Graham but more shrill.

2seaoat

Canada and the US would work together on it.

I forgot.....that after we were invaded by Canada and they bombed and killed 100k of our civilians the first time, they trained our military on how to handle criminal extremist. So when the drug gangs went full tilt on their criminal enterprise our military and police cut and ran. Oh, we were so happy with the thought of 250k more Canadians dropping bombs and tactical nuclear weapons on America.....there are some people who want to build a shrine to Martin Short, and cheer Canada.

gatorfan

What a bunch of BS.

Anyone who thinks the U.S. can pop a few "tactical" nukes against a small force like ISIS is clueless.

There is no such thing as a "limited nuclear engagement" - once it starts its all in and all over.

Same thing for throwing 250K troops at the problem.

ISIS is going to be defeated the only way possible - by other troops and fighters from the Mideastern countries where they are located.

Obama is doing the ISIS fight right except for the foot dragging on providing sufficient ammunition and heavier weapons to Kurds. But that's a land mine too and he has more info than I do about the situation so I'd rather see caution.

ISIS is not a threat to this country unless they manage to drag us deeper into the conflict.

KarlRove

KarlRove

I know all of you are shocked I acurally agree on Obama taking these steps

Sal

Sal

I'm sure when Boehner gets done blowing Bibi he'll get right on this.

It's obama that should've done this before he began his latest intervention.

Obama to ask for new set of war powers against ISIS Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJ-oQLVdIsZw_4Vz0qH4VAv3PQQ0Jw77YpUsTrJXbJ8OHLXEPlrw

We should just pull out, that includes cutting any funding and/or foreign aid of any sort, to all these Muslim controlled countries until they get their act sorted out... We'll just tell them we're going to give half or a quarter of everything we keep from them to Israel. Then if Israel is attacked by them and Israel pulls a Three Day War stunt and decides to keep the territory the answer will be...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4njPe2_rho

Smile

Markle

Markle

It worked in Iraq, even your messiah, semi-retired President Obama said so and then he worked diligently to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

It worked in Iraq, even your messiah, semi-retired President Obama said so and then he worked diligently to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.

Sorry, a rah rah speech to the returning troops does not a victory make.

What did you expect him to say, "Sorry, but your blood, sweat, and tears were a colossal waste of time in the biggest military blunder the United States has ever made. Thanks for you service."??

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

Sorry, a rah rah speech to the returning troops does not a victory make.

What did you expect him to say, "Sorry, but your blood, sweat, and tears were a colossal waste of time in the biggest military blunder the United States has ever made. Thanks for you service."??

Lol... I think y'all like to be lied to... even though plenty of people predicted this outcome... for libya too.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:

Obama to ask for new set of war powers against ISIS Crazy_10

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

Obama to ask for new set of war powers against ISIS Crazy_10

“It’s harder to end a war than begin one. Indeed, everything that American troops have done in Iraq -–all the fighting and all the dying, the bleeding and the building, and the training and the partnering -– all of it has led to this moment of success. Now, Iraq is not a perfect place. It has many challenges ahead. But we’re leaving behind a sovereign, stable and self-reliant Iraq, with a representative government that was elected by its people. We’re building a new partnership between our nations.”

“This is an extraordinary achievement, nearly nine years in the making.”

“We remember the specter of sectarian violence -– al Qaeda’s attacks on mosques and pilgrims, militias that carried out campaigns of intimidation and campaigns of assassination. And in the face of ancient divisions, you stood firm to help those Iraqis who put their faith in the future.”

“And we remember the end of our combat mission and the emergence of a new dawn -– the precision of our efforts against al Qaeda in Iraq, the professionalism of the training of Iraqi security forces, and the steady drawdown of our forces. In handing over responsibility to the Iraqis, you preserved the gains of the last four years and made this day possible.”

“Because of you, in Afghanistan we’ve broken the momentum of the Taliban. Because of you, we’ve begun a transition to the Afghans that will allow us to bring our troops home from there. And around the globe, as we draw down in Iraq, we have gone after al Qaeda so that terrorists who threaten America will have no safe haven, and Osama bin Laden will never again walk the face of this Earth.”

“So here’s what I want you to know, and here’s what I want all our men and women in uniform to know: Because of you, we are ending these wars in a way that will make America stronger and the world more secure. Because of you.”

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Everything should be on the table to include tactical nukes.

Tactical nukes for some 50 cal chevy pick ups.....you embellish your military experience, but sadly you really do not understand much.  ISIS will melt into the civilian population, and we can kill another 100k Iraqi civilians with conventional weapons and 250k boots on the ground.....we cannot fix stupid in this country.  It is an incurable disease which is fed daily by the MIC.

Yep, it is overkill. I know it, but it will make an impression on the survivors that will last generations. These roaches have survived it all now. We can't use chem weapons, but nukes will do. No more roaches and if there are any that do live to tell....they won't.

What we have here folks, is a rabid, guilt-ridden, mis-used soldier badly infected with PTSD. A guy who idolizes Chris "Kill all them savages" 160-kill sniper, and advocates nuclear war on all of Islam. He, of course, disregards the possibility that once we become the loose atomic cannon, a muslim country like Pakistan could and probably would retaliate. War Hero is a certified nutcase, no different than Curtis LeMay who was ready to lose 40 to 60% of America's civilian population to defeat the Soviet Union.

Remember folks, this is the same sick bastard who last week proclaimed that "life sucks and then you die."

Nuff said.!!!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Curtis LeMay who was ready to lose 40 to 60% of America's civilian population to defeat the Soviet Union.

Curtiss LeMay was a brilliant man, but he was a sociopath who was ready to kill millions to beat the Russians. Luckily, presidents kept him on a short leash while he headed SAC.

I once read that in 1954, Le May went to Eisenhower and told him bluntly that after that year, the window of opportunity to make a disarming nuclear first-strike on the Soviet Union while receiving minimal damage in retaliation, would pass. Ike thankfully told him "No."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum