Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A sniper who's still alive tells it like it was ...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/01/i_was_an_american_sniper_and_chris_kyle%E2%80%99s_war_was_not_my_war/?source=newsletter

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

That was a very compelling story from a sniper who did a tour in Iraq. Thanks for sharing it, Wordslinger. I have never heard an Iraq War veteran talk about Iraqis like he did.

"...During my combat tour I never saw the Iraqis as “savages.” They were a friendly culture who believed in hospitality, and were sometimes positive to a fault. The people are proud of their history, education system and national identity. I have listened to children share old-soul wisdom, and I have watched adults laugh and play with the naiveté of schoolboys. I met some incredible Iraqis during and after my deployment, and it is shameful to know that the movie has furthered ignorance that might put them in danger..."

"...It’s sad that such a nearsighted portrayal of Iraqis has caused more people to fear Arabs and glorify violence against them..."

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

It's sad that you continue to slander a hero names Chris Kyle?
What's a matter? Did you not get enough ribbons or medals
?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:It's sad that you continue to slander a hero names Chris Kyle?
?

What medals or ribbons I got are irrelevant and as meaningless as the ones you got.

Chris Kyle was a psychopathic killer who loved shooting Iraqis, whom he called "savages." He should be pitied, not revered. If you want to build your own little shrine to his memory and spend the afternoon genuflecting, be my guest.
Kyle was no hero. Not by a long shot.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

?

I said nothing to slander Chris Kyle, Karl. I have no interest in the movie and have not followed the news about it.

I didn't serve a combat tour anywhere, so I have no medals or ribbons to show for that, and do not care about it.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

Wordslinger wrote:
?

What medals or ribbons I got are irrelevant and as meaningless as the ones you got.

Chris Kyle was a psychopathic killer who loved shooting Iraqis, whom he called "savages."  He should be pitied, not revered.  If you want to build your own little shrine to his memory and spend the afternoon genuflecting, be my guest.
Kyle was no hero.  Not by a long shot.

Any who went after Americans by blowing themselves up or sending their children to do their dirty work are, in essence, fulfilling the definition of savages. Would you do the same? I doubt it.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
?

Chris Kyle was a psychopathic killer who loved shooting Iraqis, whom he called "savages."  He should be pitied, not revered.  If you want to build your own little shrine to his memory and spend the afternoon genuflecting, be my guest.
Kyle was no hero.  Not by a long shot.

Any who went after Americans by blowing themselves up or sending their children to do their dirty work are, in essence, fulfilling the definition of savages. Would you do the same? I doubt it.

Wrong again. Our family drowns the kids when they turn 13.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by ZVUGKTUBM Yesterday at 1:31 am
KarlRove wrote:

It's sad that you continue to slander a hero names Chris Kyle?
?

I said nothing to slander Chris Kyle, Karl. I have no interest in the movie and have not followed the news about it.

I didn't serve a combat tour anywhere, so I have no medals or ribbons to show for that, and do not care about it.
-----
If you don't care why post?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum