Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Daughter is in her Room Playing old 45 RPM Records That I Purchased in the 1960s When I Was a Teen....

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

When I was younger I would have never thought about playing the jazz music my dad listened to as a kid in the 1930s-1940s.

There is something about Baby Boomer music that is timeless.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Agreed... you've kept her room from childhood? I've kept my oldest's furniture... it was her princess bed.

I hope she wants it back someday.

dumpcare

We have around 200 or so 45's from 60's and 70's and it's probably been around 30 years since any have been played.

2seaoat

My son played in a rock band from sophomore in high school until 30 when he only plays certain gigs because of his responsibility as a parent of two, but in High School he took all my albums and his fellow bandmates would listen to them all. They were good and cut two cds and played at regional festivals, but a great deal of their music was influenced by the old music. Now it really piszes me off that I cannot listen to my old music, but utube works.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:Agreed... you've kept her room from childhood? I've kept my oldest's furniture... it was her princess bed.

She is 29 and still lives here. She holds a BA/MA and works full-time, but has never moved out. At least she supports herself now..... Her goal is to one day leave Pensacola. New York City really attracts her.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I love the 60 &70's music.

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:I love the 60 &70's music.

Agree joani, I am fortunate to have lived through many genres but the 60's and 70's . . . . suhweeeeet!!!!

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Agreed... you've kept her room from childhood? I've kept my oldest's furniture... it was her princess bed.

She is 29 and still lives here. She holds a BA/MA and works full-time, but has never moved out. At least she supports herself now..... Her goal is to one day leave Pensacola. New York City really attracts her.

Lol... I love it. I want my kids as close to me as possible. Hell... I want my whole family close.

I was born in the early 60s and as far back as I can remember I listened to my sister and older cousins playing all the great stuff from the that era. WBSR was the deal.

My mom had records from the big band era and we loved those, also. In the later 60s she was a huge fan of Tom Jones and Englebert Humperdink so we listened and enjoyed.

When the 80s hit I stopped listening to rock. I played all the old stuff and started listening to country. Loved George Strait, Clint Black, Randy Travis,etc.

With my 90s kids, I grew to love quite a bit of the new music again. Dave Matthews Band, Cold Play, some alternative stuff from Bonnaroo like Bella Fleck and the Flecktones, etc. Love Civil Wars even though they split.

Suffice it to say I LOVE MUSIC! Listening to the Eagles right now. Wink Chicago up next!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum