Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Attorney General Confirmation Hearing

+3
2seaoat
KarlRove
Sal
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Had it on in the background most of the day.

Looks like she'll sail through.

My strongest impression from listening to it though, is good gawd almighty are there some dumbasses on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Ted Cruz, David Vitter, Michael Lee, Jeff Sessions ...

... who the hell votes for these cretins??

KarlRove

KarlRove

People like u

Sal

Sal

John Cornyn (R): “You’re not Eric Holder are you?”

Loretta Lynch: “No, I’m not sir.”

In a remarkable display of Republican restraint, Cornyn did not demand anatomical proof.

2seaoat

If you saw the unflattering photo that Bill Mahr was using Friday night on Ted Cruz......well to be very honest......that worm besides playing to stupid, has about as much chance getting nominated as the Lakers have of winning the NBA championship. However, the funniest show in America is watching Gomer question people on the house committee.....he is so fricking clueless and so caught up in the fact that he has a law degree and prosecuted that it is like watching bozo the clown run the bucket game.....you know his every move......Well sir....is it not correct that you put the ball in bucket number one.....and would you sir sit a jury who saw you put the ball in bucket number 1.........huh? Oh, I get it.....you approved a couple jury panels when you were a prosecutor in hicksville usa.....I get it....you are a lawyer. It brings tears to my eyes. I cannot wait to he insults HIllary.....cannot wait.....guarantee he will be letting her know he is a lawyer.

KarlRove

KarlRove

She believes illegals have right to same jobs as legal aliens and citizens. She is POS.

Like the man who nominated her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbjsvEjXLgo&feature=youtu.be

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Attorney General Confirmation Hearing Mrbill

OH, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Not a black female AG....

KarlRove

KarlRove

Floridatexan wrote:

OH, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  Not a black female AG....

Could care less what gender they are as long as they ENFORCE the Constitution.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

She's good enough for Bill O'reilly who approved of her nomination on his show.

But then again, O'reilly is far left of you, politically. LOL

Sal

Sal

LINDSEY GRAHAM (R): "What’s the legal difference between a ban on same-sex marriage being unconstitutional but a ban on polygamy being constitutional? Could you try to articulate how one could be banned under the constitution and the other not?"

Graham then cleared his throat and clarified that he was, "just asking for a friend.".

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

KarlRove wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Do you mean enforce this provision?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2384

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

"If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both."

boards of FL

boards of FL

I just read that Lynch thinks marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol. That would definitely be a knock against her.

nadalfan

boards of FL wrote:I just read that Lynch thinks marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol.  That would definitely be a knock against her.

I was just about to post that. Definitely a negative

She'll likely sail through. Dispite what obama may say or the populist talkingpoint... the govt is still at war w drugs.

Sal

Sal

Looks like on the second day of the hearing the Repukes have given up on going after Lynch, and instead are having a parade of crank witnesses to attack Eric Holder and the Obama administration.

[yawn]

Sal

Sal

nadalfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I just read that Lynch thinks marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol.  That would definitely be a knock against her.

I was just about to post that.  Definitely a negative

I think she's just deftly maneuvering through a Republican minefield.

What I didn't hear her say is that she would change the DOJ's hands off policy regarding states that have legalized pot.

While I would've preferred she had responded by rolling a doobie and firing up, I think she said what she needed to say to proceed through the confirmation process.

nadalfan

Sal wrote:Looks like on the second day of the hearing the Repukes have given up on going after Lynch, and instead are having a parade of crank witnesses to attack Eric Holder and the Obama administration.

[yawn]

Sen. Whitehouse seems to agree with you

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/whoa-dem-senator-rips-gop-for-turning-ag-confirmation-into-a-soundbite-factory-for-fox-news/

Here's video of his remarks

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/01/senator-calls-ag-hearings-soundbite

Good for him!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum