Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brain eating amoebas....do not get water into your sinuses if swimming in southern lakes or ponds

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/brain-eating-amoeba-in-tap-water-killed-child-study-confirms/ar-AA8z1kp

2seaoat

I used to swim in a local river when canoeing and kayaking......not anymore. No panic over the risk, but I am certainly going to be more careful about my grandchildren swimming in the river this summer. Wade, but do not submerge your head. Caution does not equal political panic.

2seaoat wrote:   Caution does not equal political panic.

Saving this thought.

In complete antithesis of his ebola argument... lol.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Yep true pkr

no stress

no stress

PkrBum wrote:In complete antithesis of his ebola argument... lol.
cheers cheers cheers cheers

2seaoat

In complete antithesis of his ebola argument... lol.

The use of the English language is easy for the educated, but a bit more difficult for the ignorant. The antithesis of my caution when swimming in the river would be take a trip to Africa and go to an area with High infection rates of Ebola and take care of the patients without protective caution.

Now PK explain your use of the word Antithesis.

That your complete lack of caution for ebola is the antithesis of the alarmist chicken little turned river nazi.

I'm not going to keep explaining things while you play dumb. Take notes or something.

2seaoat

Duh......double duh......are we there yet Mom

No Pk.....not yet......actually you are not even close. Following the CDC recommendations which clearly were contrary to the partisan panic is not the antithesis.......learn the English language. My singular voice concerning the panic took grief, but I was correct, as was Boards and Sal, and I am correct when supervising children swimming in fresh water where they dunk their heads and expose their sinus cavity to that water, should not be pursued as a recreational option, particularly in the hottest months, where the amoebas have been reported. Caution, not panic.

From the cdc gomer:

"The risk of Naegleria fowleri infection is very low. There have been 34 reported infections in the U.S. in the 10 years from 2004 to 2013, despite millions of recreational water exposures each year. By comparison, in the ten years from 2001 to 2010, there were more than 34,000 drowning deaths in the U.S."

2seaoat

The risk is low. No argument and no panic. I just will not let the grandchildren swim in the river this summer if there is a chance to submerge their head. No problems and they can wade just like I do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum