Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gas prices in America

+5
Hospital Bob
Floridatexan
ZVUGKTUBM
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

16Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/24/2015, 11:57 pm

2seaoat

I do not live in an Ivory tower like some around here, and I saw my beautiful river destroyed by a fifty four car tanker train derailment as ethanol the clean fuel pour into the river and kill the Entire fish population for about twelve miles. It took over four years to replenish the river with fish and allow migration to replace those lost. The stats are clear. Pipeline transport is the safest.

17Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/26/2015, 1:31 pm

2seaoat

$1.76 at Walmart in Illinois today.

18Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/26/2015, 2:46 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:$1.76 at Walmart in Illinois today.

We should enjoy this while it lasts, because oil is artificially low in price, and when it rebounds, it is going to spike sharply higher.

http://news.yahoo.com/opecs-badri-expects-oil-price-rebound-soon-123820225--finance.html?soc_src=mediacontentsharebuttons&soc_trk=ma

Abdulla al-Badri also warned of a risk of a future price spike to $200 a barrel if investment in new supply capacity is too low.

"Now the prices are around $45-$50 and I think maybe they reached the bottom and will see some rebound very soon," Badri told Reuters on the sidelines of a conference at Chatham House.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

19Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/26/2015, 3:55 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:$1.79 gas in Illinois with probably the top five highest gas tax states.....do not tell me that the first leg of the Keystone pipeline did not make a difference in gas prices.  I do not understand why the proponents of the second leg are not pointing to the success of the first leg.  Almost five years no oil spills and what I have read two or three cents a gallon reduction in pricing......a home run for Illinois.   I have heard the argument that once the second leg is complete the midwest refineries will not get as much oil and the prices will increase, but I call bull chit.   The pipeline is good on so many levels.

Just had a pipeline leak in eastern Montana...where my daughter lives. This is the 2nd leak into the Yellowstone River in recent history...50,000 gallons and they can't clean it up because the pipeline runs under the river and everything is ice above. The city of Glendive is trucking in water for the community. Now just think how nasty it would be if this had been the extremely toxic and corrosive product from the Alberta tar sands. Again, the "leg" of the Keystone project known as XL has NO BENEFIT to the United States...and we would be accepting ALL THE RISK.

20Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/26/2015, 4:11 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Want more money for roads and bridges? END FOSSIL FUEL SUBSIDIES to the BIG 5:

http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/

21Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/26/2015, 8:14 pm

PkrBum wrote:A true conservative that's in complete lockstep with nancy pelosi? Lol... we can't even have a level conversation.

The feds don't spend that money as it's intended or wisely. The interstate system could easily be maintained w that amount.

What we see instead are special projects, boondoggles, misappropriations, bureaucracy, waste, redundancy.

But I shouldn't have to explain that to a conservative... lmao.

Gas prices in America - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfj1gbX3EW3L8L4L2myUJJtztgrTm674ZCf-4jctQilEla18Eg

They put in new intersections along Highway 30 in Carroll, Ia. which used lots of brick for the old people to trip on once the bricks start sinking and raising because it looks pretty. Each intersection costs a cool million. For the money they spent they could have relaid the whole 4-5 mile highway stretch through Carroll and probably fixed all the potholes on the city off streets.

Figure they'll start yanking all the bricks up and repave in a couple of years after the weather and the weight of the cars & trucks starts doing what it does to bricks used as road. What a waste...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR9sPqs8H2I

Smile

22Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/26/2015, 8:34 pm

2seaoat wrote:Pegged at 18.4 cents a gallon since 1993, it no longer raises enough money to pay for federal infrastructure spending. And that’s always been the main job of the gas tax: paying for roads and bridges.

Beginning in 1957, gas tax revenues were funneled directly into the federal Highway Trust Fund. Over the years, lawmakers raised the tax numerous times, ensuring that the trust fund would have enough money to pay for necessary projects.

But the last increase came in 1993, and since then the levy has remained stagnant. Construction costs, on the other hand, have continued to rise with inflation. And to make matters worse, improvements in vehicle fuel efficiency have allowed consumers to drive more miles on less gas –

http://www.forbes.com/sites/taxanalysts/2013/10/24/the-gas-tax-doesnt-work-because-politicians-broke-it/

Why PK is it a good idea to not pay for things and increase debt?  Help me.....your ideas are ad hoc and all over the place, and now you have turned true conservatives into Nancyboys...... No

Gas prices in America - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0DIdE1AwEwAF7kyym7SN8SexVrjEA3lJDtPoG7tmSy6Gr4zXt

If you want a gas tax then make it progressive. You pay based on income and miles your car puts on the road. If your home income is less than say $50,000 a year and your combined car millage is 20,000 (two people working) then you pay $2 a gallon. But if your combined home income is $100,000 and your combined millage is 20,000 miles then you pay $5 a gallon. If your combined home income is $150,000 and your combined millage is 20,000 miles you pay $7.50 a gallon. At a combined home income of $200,000 with 20,000 miles you pay $10 a gallon. Etc, etc, etc,...

That way it's fairer to the little guy who needs transportation to get to work at the job the $250,000 and more guy is hiring him/her at minimum wage for.

You liberals want to go after the big guys for taxes then do so like you mean it because if someone is making $250,000 dollars of more a year they can afford to fill their tanks at $10 and much higher a gallon.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR9sPqs8H2I

Smile

23Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/26/2015, 11:12 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
2seaoat wrote:$1.76 at Walmart in Illinois today.

We should enjoy this while it lasts, because oil is artificially low in price, and when it rebounds, it is going to spike sharply higher.

http://news.yahoo.com/opecs-badri-expects-oil-price-rebound-soon-123820225--finance.html?soc_src=mediacontentsharebuttons&soc_trk=ma

Abdulla al-Badri also warned of a risk of a future price spike to $200 a barrel if investment in new supply capacity is too low.

"Now the prices are around $45-$50 and I think maybe they reached the bottom and will see some rebound very soon," Badri told Reuters on the sidelines of a conference at Chatham House.

But the Saudi oil minister said "the days of hundred dollar a barrel oil are history" meaning it will never be that high again.

So how do we know who to believe?

24Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/26/2015, 11:14 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll make this prediction.  If the oil price stays low indefinitely,  the Tesla Motor Co will eventually go into bankruptcy. Thank god I got out of that stock.

25Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/27/2015, 7:30 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

by 2seaoat on 1/24/2015, 3:09 pm
We cannot get to self sufficiency with high gas consumption. We need higher CAFE standards and higher gas tax. Our economy can be built on a solid foundation, but with too low of gas prices we will fall back into bad habits which put this nation at risk. Raise the gas tax...NOW!
----
We are a net exporter of oil moron

26Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/27/2015, 7:31 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Not everyone can own and drive a ghey Prius

27Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/27/2015, 7:41 pm

2seaoat

Not everyone can own and drive a ghey Prius

No but with the President's leadership with the CAFE fuel standards have the new car trailers full of fuel efficient vehicles who are getting close to 40mpg when a decade ago they were full of 15mpg SUVs. It is amazing how many new cars are selling which get astounding gas mileage....maybe not a Prius, but a lot of car for few dollars and great fuel savings. KIA, Ford, and Hyundai, are pouring out affordable high mpg vehicles......the President is a true conservative, conserving American resources, strengthening the American dollar, and continuing to all but eliminate our dependency on foreign oil......this is not rocket science.....just leadership not owned by the Oligarchy, and special interests.

28Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/27/2015, 9:04 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:We are a net exporter of oil moron

You know as much about oil as you do the stock market....

According to the EIA, in 2014 the U.S. produced  8.67 million barrels of crude oil per day, and another 3.97 million barrels of other liquids (NGLs, ethanol, and biodiesel). Our daily consumption totaled 19.06 million barrels of oil.

http://www.eia.gov/forecasts/steo/report/us_oil.cfm

Regardless of our high oil production, we are still a net oil importer by a wide margin. Thankfully, only a small portion of that comes from Saudi Arabia now. We buy lots of oil from Canada and Mexico.

Did you say someone was a moron?

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 1/27/2015, 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

29Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/27/2015, 9:17 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

KarlRove wrote:Not everyone can own and drive a ghey Prius

I've switched from driving my 44 mpg ghey Prius to driving a 24 mpg ghey minivan.  Or as some call it a "soccer mom car".  But actually fewer and fewer soccer moms even want one because they're switching to full sized SUV's. That's why they can be had so cheap.

30Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/29/2015, 1:26 am

Markle

Markle

One thing 2seaoat does not care about or even considers is what the current tax collected has been spent on building. If it is being spent for things other than roads and bridges, they need only to restructure their spending.

31Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/29/2015, 2:17 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Explain what else it is spent on....

32Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/29/2015, 9:42 pm

Yella

Yella

2seaoat wrote:I am shocked.  Illinois always used to have gas prices 10 cents higher than Fl, Ky, Tn, Ga, and Alabama, but since the first leg of the Keystone pipeline was completed to Illinois, the Illinois and Indiana refineries are pricing their gas below what we found in any of the other states.....it is crazy because Illinois has a much higher tax on gas.

If we would increase the gas tax by 10 cents right now, and set up a 10 year raise of 2 cents a year additional tax, we could ifx our roads, bridges, and infrastructure and start feeding the Middle Class jobs and opportunity.  It would also still give incentive for Americans to purchase fuel efficient vehicles.

This whole thing is likely just an exercise by the oil corporations. By next summer when people want to travel to visit grandma with the kids out of school the price will be $4 dollars a gallon, they will be laughing their asses off as they rake in the profits.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

33Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/29/2015, 9:54 pm

Yella

Yella

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:$1.79 gas in Illinois with probably the top five highest gas tax states.....do not tell me that the first leg of the Keystone pipeline did not make a difference in gas prices.  I do not understand why the proponents of the second leg are not pointing to the success of the first leg.  Almost five years no oil spills and what I have read two or three cents a gallon reduction in pricing......a home run for Illinois.   I have heard the argument that once the second leg is complete the midwest refineries will not get as much oil and the prices will increase, but I call bull chit.   The pipeline is good on so many levels.

Just had a pipeline leak in eastern Montana...where my daughter lives.  This is the 2nd leak into the Yellowstone River in recent history...50,000 gallons and they can't clean it up because the pipeline runs under the river and everything is ice above.  The city of Glendive is trucking in water for the community.  Now just think how nasty it would be if this had been the extremely toxic and corrosive product from the Alberta tar sands.  Again, the "leg" of the Keystone project known as XL has NO BENEFIT to the United States...and we would be accepting ALL THE RISK.  

Fossil Fuel Managers and advocates are distressed, saddened and outraged that the oil spill into the pristine Yellowstone River has caused them to see a little profit denied to their bank accounts.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

34Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/29/2015, 10:20 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You've noticed the price of gas at the pump jumped 10 cents/gal in the last two days. That followed the increase in the price of oil which we're told was blamed on the death of King Abdullah.

35Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/29/2015, 10:43 pm

Sal

Sal

Gas prices haven't gone up down here.

36Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/30/2015, 12:38 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Gas prices haven't gone up down here.

What's the current price of gas down there? Here earlier in the week it was hovering around $1.94. Now it's about $2.04.

37Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/30/2015, 7:27 am

Sal

Sal

It's in the $1.90 range - down 4-5c from last week at this time.

I wonder why it's going up there.

38Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/30/2015, 7:51 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:It's in the $1.90 range - down 4-5c from last week at this time.

Darn good question. I assumed since it spiked up here it was doing it nationwide. But if it's not then there's something really peculiar about gasoline prices. And by peculiar I mean most likely crooked. Like most things it probably aint what we're told it is.

39Gas prices in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas prices in America 1/30/2015, 8:55 am

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:It's in the $1.90 range - down 4-5c from last week at this time.

Darn good question.  I assumed since it spiked up here it was doing it nationwide.  But if it's not then there's something really peculiar about gasoline prices.  And by peculiar I mean most likely crooked.  Like most things it probably aint what we're told it is.  

$1.86 at the corner station this morning - down 4c overnight.

There are some odd fluctuations going on that I'm at a loss to explain.

When I was in Louisville over Christmas, the price of gas there was 10-15c cheaper than in Tampa.

Now it's 20c more.

That's a huge swing in a short period of time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum