Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

True state of the Union....

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1True state of the Union.... Empty True state of the Union.... 1/22/2015, 2:43 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/01/john-w-whitehead/fall-of-the-old-america/

No matter what the politicians say about how great America is and how we, as a people, will always triumph, the fact is that the nation seems to be imploding.
Despite the dire state of our nation, however, you can rest assured that none of the problems that continue to plague our lives and undermine our freedoms will be addressed by our so-called elected representatives in any credible, helpful way, and certainly not during a State of the Union address.
Consider the following facts:
Our government is massively in debt. Currently, the national debt is somewhere in the vicinity of $18 trillion. More than a third of our debt is owned by foreign countries, namely China and Japan.
Our education system is abysmal. Despite the fact that we spend more than most of the world on education ($115,000 per student), we rank 36th in the world when it comes to math, reading and science, far below most of our Asian counterparts. Even so, we continue to insist on standardized programs such as Common Core, which teach students to be test-takers rather than thinkers.
Our homes provide little protection against government intrusions. Police agencies, already empowered to crash through your door if they suspect you’re up to no good, now have radars that allow them to “see” through the walls of your home.

2True state of the Union.... Empty Re: True state of the Union.... 1/22/2015, 8:30 am

KarlRove

KarlRove

115k per student...jeez....you are on crack rock and hitting that bong early today.

3True state of the Union.... Empty Re: True state of the Union.... 1/22/2015, 12:23 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Maybe it was a miss print or he added some other cost...

Question:
How much money does the United States spend on public elementary and secondary schools?
Response:
Total expenditures for public elementary and secondary schools in the United States amounted to $632 billion in 2010–11, or $12,608 per public school student (in constant 2012–13 dollars, based on the Consumer Price Index). These expenditures include $11,153 per student in current expenditures for operation of schools; $1,076 for capital outlay (i.e., expenditures for property and for buildings and alterations completed by school district staff or contractors); and $379 for interest on school debt.
From 2000–01 to 2010–11, current expenditures per student enrolled in the fall in public elementary and secondary schools increased by 14 percent (from $9,751 to $11,153 in constant 2012–13 dollars). The amount for 2010–11, however, was lower than the amount for 2009–10 ($11,353).

4True state of the Union.... Empty Re: True state of the Union.... 1/22/2015, 12:28 pm

Hilarious. One cannot put overhead cost into equation of money spent on the individual for education.

It may be "cost" to the public education system but it is not "investment" into the education of the student.

5True state of the Union.... Empty Re: True state of the Union.... 1/22/2015, 12:31 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah he shot himself in the foot...he needed to explain that figure better.

6True state of the Union.... Empty Re: True state of the Union.... 1/22/2015, 12:39 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

It's 30k plus per year to put a kid in juvenile detention. So what do you want to pay Teo?

7True state of the Union.... Empty Re: True state of the Union.... 1/22/2015, 1:24 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

KarlRove wrote:It's 30k plus per year to put a kid in juvenile detention. So what do you want to pay Teo?
Well let's start with nothing. I hate property taxes which make me a tenant of the State. I would gladly give twice as much to schools if they didn't hold my home in ransom.

8True state of the Union.... Empty Re: True state of the Union.... 1/22/2015, 3:19 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
KarlRove wrote:It's 30k plus per year to put a kid in juvenile detention. So what do you want to pay Teo?
Well let's start with nothing. I hate property taxes which make me a tenant of the State. I would gladly give twice as much to schools if they didn't hold my home in ransom.

How would you pay for school pray tell?

9True state of the Union.... Empty Re: True state of the Union.... 1/22/2015, 5:40 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Okay let's examine the issue like we are at the beginning. I have no children in the school system so why should I pay ? Why shouldn't mom and dad have a state tax form that asks if they have children in state school. If they do blam ! they pay and pay till they can say nope no kids in school. That might stop these baby machines out there pumping out little students every day.
If they home school they don't pay as long as the children can pass a test given to all state students for competency. If they fail twice they must go to a State school and the parents must pay the system. Corporations are given generous deductions for donations to the school system. Even I would be given a deduction if I donated to the schools.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum