Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sen Earnest response: I had one good pair of shoes......

+7
nadalfan
Sal
boards of FL
Wordslinger
Vikingwoman
knothead
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

If you do not have enough sense to change your shoes when working around Bull Chit, then it is a wonder that you have one pair.

Where was the response? How could a Party not respond? This has been one of the most enjoyable evenings I have had in years. 1000s of permanent jobs on the pipeline......sorry, the first phase is installed already in Illinois and there are no 1000 jobs....sorry.....I am for the pipeline, but why lie.

2seaoat

Chris Matthew just dissected a congressman from Illinois named Shock, in regard to child care credits.......when he said he wanted to lower the taxes on the 1%......it is just getting embarrassing on how brilliant the President's strategy has been.......He has the Republicans chasing their tales....no response, and then if you give them a little rope.....they say they want to cut taxes across the board.....when asked then....you want to cut the taxes of the top 1 %......they start stammering about loopholes......what an evening for clear thinking individuals.

knothead

knothead

I posted in another thread but my son who works in a top level position as a senior HR person called to ask what I thought of the Joani Earnst response as he was totally dumbfounded about her inability to articulate a believable position. I simply said that he should pause and consider the consequences of having these people calling the shots so think very carefully!

2seaoat

inability to articulate a believable position.

I saw no response. I have been watching these since I was a kid, and I have NEVER seen a none response to the specifics in a speech. I do not agree with the free college tuition for Junior colleges, and as a Republican I find it totally insane without much further refinement as to the need to fill structural high tech jobs where our schools are not producing graduates so why should we double down on a failed structural current problem. We knew he was going to talk about this.....why did they not have a planned response to raise issues and give different alternatives. Sadly my Republican Party has been taken over by Dixiecrats where hate and prejudice are leveraged by special interests and the middle class has been forgotten. I have NEVER seen a more inept none response......there was no response.

Vikingwoman

Were they Wonder Bread bags on her shoes? That's what I want to know?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Mz. Ernst is all for the Keystone Pipeline because of the "thousands of jobs" it will bring. Someone should notify her that a few thousand jobs will last for a very short period until the pipeline is built. After it's in operation, the estimate is less than 400 long term jobs.

She's also for repealing the ACA, but offers no plan to replace it.

Other than that, she was a poor kid in IOWA who made it through college and served in the Army for twenty years, she worked at a Hardy's as a youngster, and retired from active military service after serving 20 years. She thinks that America is the greatest land ever, and Iowa is a wonderful place to be from.

They should run her right away as a Presidential candidate. She has all the folksy platitudes, and the extremely limited political savvy the republicans need as a leader. We listen first to a superb politician speaker and then a country bumpkin who wears camo pumps. Some contrast!

2seaoat

I am shocked. It looked like a deer in the headlights. Do they not have one person in the Entire Republican Party who could actually in real time RESPOND to issues and give alternatives.......NO RESPONSE......NO GO ZONES.....NO CHANCE IN 2016.

Intelligence and competency has value. Ignorance and fear have no place in leadership.

The "response" to the SOTU began during the presidency of Gerald Ford. I've always found it ridiculous. The speech is long enough without having to listen to a rebuttal.

The Republicans lost it last night. Looks like I'll be writing in my own name in 2016. These folksy golly gee women they continue to place forward in the foxhole irritate me to no end. It's like the good ol' boys are saying, "Ok, we need a woman up there. Get her. She's cute."

Mad Rolling Eyes Embarrassed.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I don't like the beat-around-the-bush way in which she threw abortion/contraception in there.

"And we'll defend life, because protecting our most vulnerable is an important measure of any society."

Grow a pair of balls and just say that you want to outlaw abortion and block coverage for contraception. This veiled comment comes of like a "wink wink" to other bat-shit crazy people in red states.

Sal

Sal

Gender and/or folksiness are not the problem with the GOP.

The problem is that they are completely bereft of ideas that would benefit the vast majority of the American people.

Sal wrote:Gender and/or folksiness are not the problem with the GOP.

The problem is that they are completely bereft of ideas that would benefit the vast majority of the American people.

I'm afraid the overarching "platform" is that the ideas of the 80s work forever. Well they don't. Too many things have happened and we have to move with the cheese. No one will do that because the old money that supports the party won't allow it.

Talk about tied into control. Rolling Eyes

nadalfan

Sal wrote:Gender and/or folksiness are not the problem with the GOP.

I wish one republican, just one, would clearly explain what they are proposing...I have no damn idea what their plan is!!!!

when Joni started with the "failed ACA", I lost interest

polecat

polecat

Vikingwoman wrote:Were they Wonder Bread bags on her shoes? That's what I want to know?

Gosh darn it you $rich$ republicans cutting off goat huevos and eating your fancy white breads...

All we could afford was Colonial bread and the only thing we did with the empty bags was fill them with mushrooms while walking through the cow pasture.

2seaoat

I personally know Denny Hastert, and when he gave the response to President Clinton he sat at a presidential like desk with a suit on that one of my friends who owns a clothing store selected for him, and he responded in real time about what Clinton had proposed. Denny and Clinton made some compromises and some great legislation was passed and this country went into a surplus. Now they send somebody who has never spent a year in Washington and knows NOTHING about the workings of the federal legislative process and she talks about NOTHING. What did they expect. Denny Hastert is a good man with common sense, but he retired mostly because how caustic and partisan congress has become.....and off the record.....how bat chit crazy the Dixiecrats are.....so with no response......no experienced legislator like John or Mitch giving the response.....the republican party announced to the world they are not serious doing anything.

2seaoat wrote:I personally know Denny Hastert, and when he gave the response to President Clinton he sat at a presidential like desk with a suit on that one of my friends who owns a clothing store selected for him, and he responded in real time about what Clinton had proposed.   Denny and Clinton made some compromises and some great legislation was passed and this country went into a surplus.  Now they send somebody who has never spent a year in Washington and knows NOTHING about the workings of the federal legislative process and she talks about NOTHING.  What did they expect.   Denny Hastert is a good man with common sense, but he retired mostly because how caustic and partisan congress has become.....and off the record.....how bat chit crazy the Dixiecrats are.....so with no response......no experienced legislator like John or Mitch giving the response.....the republican party announced to the world they are not serious doing anything.

(She giggles at another of Oats connections)

But, you are right that the Congress and President Clinton WORKED together. Both President Obama and the Congress need to take a lesson from them.

What presently goes on is a bunch of horse manure. One is just as bad as the other in not working together.

I'm sorry I don't have a chart to prove this. Razz

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

If Joni Ernst represents the new face of the GOP........

She looked like a deer caught in the headlights last night.

I don't know if her response was impromptu or read from a teleprompter, but it was painful to listen to her.

I can't wait to see the SNL parody of Ernst in its opener this coming Saturday night.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:I personally know Denny Hastert, and when he gave the response to President Clinton he sat at a presidential like desk with a suit on that one of my friends who owns a clothing store selected for him, and he responded in real time about what Clinton had proposed. Denny and Clinton made some compromises and some great legislation was passed and this country went into a surplus. Now they send somebody who has never spent a year in Washington and knows NOTHING about the workings of the federal legislative process and she talks about NOTHING. What did they expect. Denny Hastert is a good man with common sense, but he retired mostly because how caustic and partisan congress has become.....and off the record.....how bat chit crazy the Dixiecrats are.....so with no response......no experienced legislator like John or Mitch giving the response.....the republican party announced to the world they are not serious doing anything.

When has Obama compromised on anything? Name it.

polecat

polecat

About Last Night…

January 21, 2015 tengrain

carebear-toasts

I didn’t watch The Speech. I almost never do. From the first SOTU address (‘You lie!”) I knew that there is nothing President Obama could ever say that would get through the reflexive, instinctive disrespect that Y’all Qaeda would show him. From January 20, 2009—when for the first time that a black man put his hand on the Bible and took that oath of office—to today, the GOP has proven that their pettiness and racism would trump democracy.

Also/too: there is no way that anything that The Kenyan Usurper might propose will ever make it out of the gate. The Confederacy will see to that. I also feel that while some of the really worthy proposals that were floated in the press (the best one: Free Community College! runner-up: Close Loopholes on the Rich) might have had a chance in the first of his two administrations, it seems sort of cynical to propose them now when they don’t.

So I didn’t watch, I didn’t get to see his Zinger live. I’ll live.

That said, however, I did watch the testicle juggling thunder-c*** (I miss DC Martin more than I can tell you) tell us about wandering the frozen hog pens of Iowa in her #breadbags during the ascendency of Saint Ronnie’s Miracle of VooDoo Economics, and apparently I won the inner net:

RT @Tengrain: "Gee, Mom, I hope Wonderbread changes their packaging. Prom's coming up!" #breadbags

— Tengrain (@Tengrain) January 21, 2015

Does Wonderbread come in kicky mules? #breadbags

You guys, lay off her or walk a mile in her #breadbags

Well, #breadbags was no Rubio: pic.twitter.com/c2Vpye87dI

I know this because:

Wow. @Tengrain and @nicadler made #breadbags a trending topic in the US. Mind: Blown. http://t.co/FN2HCEHPBR

— Who Trended it ? (@WhoTrendedIT) January 21, 2015

So… I guess Mock, Paper, Scissors was well-represented in the national dialog last night.

(For those of you interested in context, here’s the text of the speech from the Pride of Iowa.)

Oh, in case you missed it, here’s Canadian-born latino and immigrant-hating southern white supremacist Senator Ted Cruz asking for a do-over when he flubbed the beginning of his own response to SOTU:

Hahaha! *Breathes* Hahaha! RT @TUSK81: Oh. My. God. RT @katherinemiller "Let me start over" https://t.co/h3msr8h1WQ

boards of FL

boards of FL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:If Joni Ernst represents the new face of the GOP........

She looked like a deer caught in the headlights last night.

I don't know if her response was impromptu or read from a teleprompter, but it was painful to listen to her.

I can't wait to see the SNL parody of Ernst in its opener this coming Saturday night.

After Jindal, Bachmann, and Rubio, they had no where to go but up!

Quick! Someone get that guy a Dasani!

Sen Earnest response:  I had one good pair of shoes...... Close-up-lick

Sen Earnest response:  I had one good pair of shoes...... SOTUNC1050

knothead

knothead

Funny stuff polecat . . . .

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I personally know Denny Hastert, and when he gave the response to President Clinton he sat at a presidential like desk with a suit on that one of my friends who owns a clothing store selected for him, and he responded in real time about what Clinton had proposed.   Denny and Clinton made some compromises and some great legislation was passed and this country went into a surplus.  Now they send somebody who has never spent a year in Washington and knows NOTHING about the workings of the federal legislative process and she talks about NOTHING.  What did they expect.   Denny Hastert is a good man with common sense, but he retired mostly because how caustic and partisan congress has become.....and off the record.....how bat chit crazy the Dixiecrats are.....so with no response......no experienced legislator like John or Mitch giving the response.....the republican party announced to the world they are not serious doing anything.

When has Obama compromised on anything? Name it.

The Bush tax cut extensions.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Wordslinger wrote:Mz. Ernst is all for the Keystone Pipeline because of the "thousands of jobs" it will bring.  Someone should notify her that a few thousand jobs will last for a very short period until the pipeline is built.  After it's in operation, the estimate is less than 400 long term jobs.

Other than that, she was a poor kid in IOWA who made it through college and served in the Army for twenty years, she worked at a Hardy's as a youngster, and retired from active military service after serving 20 years.  She thinks that America is the greatest land ever, and Iowa is a wonderful place to be from.

They should run her right away as a Presidential candidate.  She has all the folksy platitudes, and the extremely limited political savvy the republicans need as a leader.  We listen first to a superb politician speaker and then a country bumpkin who wears camo pumps.  Some contrast!

Try again on those numbers...the total "permanent" jobs created was around 45.

And in regard to Ms. Ernst...sou...eeeee.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

SheWrites wrote:

(She giggles at another of Oats connections)

But, you are right that the Congress and President Clinton WORKED together.  Both President Obama and the Congress need to take a lesson from them.  

What presently goes on is a bunch of horse manure.  One is just as bad as the other in not working together.  

I'm sorry I don't have a chart to prove this.  Razz

I recall Obama's first days in office and all his efforts to "work across the aisle", while I was screaming under my breath, "NOOOOOOOOO", because I knew no one was going to work with him. The few Republicans who did...Olympia Snowe, for example...were soon pariahs and/or out. What I see, over and over, is LIES from Republicans. And the saddest part of all that is that there are people who believe them.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Floridatexan wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Mz. Ernst is all for the Keystone Pipeline because of the "thousands of jobs" it will bring.  Someone should notify her that a few thousand jobs will last for a very short period until the pipeline is built.  After it's in operation, the estimate is less than 400 long term jobs.

Other than that, she was a poor kid in IOWA who made it through college and served in the Army for twenty years, she worked at a Hardy's as a youngster, and retired from active military service after serving 20 years.  She thinks that America is the greatest land ever, and Iowa is a wonderful place to be from.

They should run her right away as a Presidential candidate.  She has all the folksy platitudes, and the extremely limited political savvy the republicans need as a leader.  We listen first to a superb politician speaker and then a country bumpkin who wears camo pumps.  Some contrast!

Try again on those numbers...the total "permanent" jobs created was around 45.  

And in regard to Ms. Ernst...sou...eeeee.

45 is better than 400. Thanks!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joni Ernst did not retire from the active services. She is a LTC in the Army Reserve and has served in both the National Guard and the Army Reserve, She did do a tour in Iraq, also.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum