Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rest in Peace Rocky Hard

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rest in Peace Rocky Hard Empty Rest in Peace Rocky Hard 1/20/2015, 9:16 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I never really got to know this dude.  And that will seem strange when I tell you my most memorable encounter with him.
It was high school graduation night (Pensacola High School in 1967).  Like many others back then,  after the graduation ceremony we headed to the beach parties to get drunk.
I no longer have any memory of what happened that night except one.
I remember Rocky asking me if I wanted a ride home with him.  And then I remember going north on the Bay Bridge sitting in the passenger seat and seeing that he was getting scary close to the side of the bridge.  And as soon as that realization hit me I was feeling his car scraping against the bridge and could see sparks flying past the car window.  
He then goes about 50 yards and plows into the side of the bridge again.  And continued across about 2 more miles of the bridge plowing into the side of it the whole length of the way.
The next memory I have is getting out of the car at home and looking at the side of it and it looked like something from a demolition race.
Never talked to him again after that.

What I didn't know is all this crazy stuff he'd done in his life.

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/local/pensacola/2015/01/18/pensacolas-iconic-jeweler-rocky-hard-died/21955079/

2Rest in Peace Rocky Hard Empty Re: Rest in Peace Rocky Hard 1/21/2015, 12:04 am

2seaoat

Sounds like he lived a full life, and that you are lucky to be here with us.

3Rest in Peace Rocky Hard Empty Re: Rest in Peace Rocky Hard 1/21/2015, 12:09 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My math must suck....article says...

Hard was born July 15, 1949, in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Hard was 68.

4Rest in Peace Rocky Hard Empty Re: Rest in Peace Rocky Hard 1/21/2015, 6:33 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:My math must suck....article says...

Hard was born July 15, 1949, in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Hard was 68.

I was born the same year and I'm 65. And we both graduated from high school at the same time. He was 65 too.

5Rest in Peace Rocky Hard Empty Re: Rest in Peace Rocky Hard 1/21/2015, 2:15 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I knew him well.

6Rest in Peace Rocky Hard Empty Re: Rest in Peace Rocky Hard 1/21/2015, 2:23 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
I knew him well.  

I had a feeling you might know him. Especially after you introduced me to that other old hippie icon from my past. lol

p.s. I use the term hippie as a compliment. For me it just means non-conformist. I've always liked non-comformity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum