Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fewer People Going Broke From Medical Bills - TYRANNY!!

+2
KarlRove
Sal
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

After rising for a decade, the number of Americans experiencing financial distress from their medical bills has started to decline, a new survey has found.

The result provides new evidence that the Affordable Care Act, by providing uninsured people with health insurance, is also improving their financial security, a major goal of the law.

The large telephone survey, from the New York-based health research group the Commonwealth Fund, has been asking people about their medical bills every few years for a decade. In each survey through 2012, a higher percentage of Americans said they struggled to pay their medical bills, were paying off medical debt or had been contacted by a collection agency. The most recent installment of the survey, the first since the health law’s major provisions kicked in, shows a reversal in that trend.

The survey also found that fewer people were avoiding doctors’ visits because of concerns about cost.

According to the survey, the percentage of Americans who experienced trouble with a medical bill or medical debt in the last year declined from a high of 41 percent in 2012 to 35 percent in 2014.

The survey also found that about 43 percent of Americans had avoided some sort of medical care in 2012 because of concerns about the cost. That rate fell in 2014 to 36 percent.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/15/upshot/financial-distress-connected-to-medical-bills-shows-a-decline-the-first-in-years.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&abt=0002&abg=0&_r=1

KarlRove

KarlRove

No,
They are going broke from monthly premiums and deductibles related to the insurance which they can't afford.

Markle

Markle

Obviously Sal missed the part where the study done by Elizabeth Warren, making the false analysis the so many people went broke because of medical expenses.

I'd wager that Sal has not a clue how the study was done and how the study is therefore bogus.

BUT, he'll keep grasping at straws.

boards of FL

boards of FL

A direct link to the survey in question...

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/issue-briefs/2015/jan/biennial-health-insurance-survey

Fewer People Going Broke From Medical Bills - TYRANNY!! 17xx_collins_biennial_ig_v301

2seaoat

Mr. Markle......your ball.

Medicaid expansion.

2seaoat

Medicaid expansion.

Now connect a cogent paragraph which explains the above and why it is good or bad. Pretty simple process.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Medicaid expansion.

Now connect a cogent paragraph which explains the above and why it is good or bad.  Pretty simple process.

Hahahahahaha.

It's stupid to expect a current event to get a remedial review. You know the reported size of the give away.

Why not just be honest about the picture in it's entirety? It doesn't impress me when useful idiots ignore shit.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:It's stupid to expect a current event to get a remedial review. You know the reported size of the give away.

Why not just be honest about the picture in it's entirety? It doesn't impress me when useful idiots ignore shit.

Yeah, bra! Medicaid expansion, is, like, trickle down economics, or something! Yeah, man! Giving healthcare to poor people who can't afford it, bra, that is like the height of trickle down theory on display, bra! Not even the Reagan himself would attempt to trickle down economics like that, bra!

I'm like, really smart, or something, because I don't ever read! Nope! Reading and consuming information is, like, the liberal way of brainwashing sheeple into being statist, bra!

Yep! I don't read anything! I just make shit up! And when people ask me to, like, explain shit, or something, I just laugh and walk away! I can't explain all of this stuff, to like, sheeple, man!

Sheeple are, like, not smart enough to see this trickle-down medicaid expansion for what it is, bra! Nope! This medicaid expansion, is like, just giving $8 trillion to wall street, or something.

It just is!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah they just go ahead and die...great plan...

Fewer People Going Broke From Medical Bills - TYRANNY!! Coffin012314

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Mr. Markle......your ball.

Nothing there disproves anything I posted.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Mr. Markle......your ball.

Nothing there disproves anything I posted.

Nothing you said proves anything you said, so the balance of evidence is against you.

Hence the "Mr. Markle......your ball" comment. It is your turn to either stand corrected, or produce evidence to support what you said.

Am I correct in assuming that you are standing corrected?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum