Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Economy is "Red Hot"

+4
KarlRove
TEOTWAWKI
boards of FL
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/13/2015, 7:33 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

This one's prettier...

Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 3-value-of-the-dollar

27Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/13/2015, 7:36 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

28Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/13/2015, 9:01 pm

2seaoat

I have been playing much better poker at the 2-5 no limit tables so we are going out to eat much more than we usually do. In the last three restaurants two servers come to the table. They are training new servers as the South Florida boom is beginning. I have NEVER seen these many people down here.....NEVER. It is taking me an extra 15 minutes to drive From Cape Coral to Bonita Springs and it is one solid traffic jam. These baby boomers 401ks have come back full force and people are paying 4k a month rent on places I would not pay 1k. The beaches suck compared to Navarre, and yet all the beach rentals are filling up. Restaurants in the past were near empty on a Tuesday night were full with people waiting.

We usually are happy with chicken pot pies, a fresh dessert from Publix, and some fresh vegetables in the condo, but because my friend is allowing me to stay gratis we are going out to eat and having to wait in lines. I have never in three successive nights seen people being trained. The dealers in the poker room are getting huge tips compared to what they give in Pensacola. Pensacola poker players are much better than south florida poker players who have more money than brains and are way loose. There is a feeling down here that the floodgates of the economy have opened up. I predict a rise in interest rates once the international economy stabalizes. Cheap gas and money in people's pockets......hell at the rate this economy is humming......Hillary may have a balanced budget when she takes office.

29Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/13/2015, 9:07 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:I have been playing much better poker at the 2-5 no limit tables so we are going out to eat much more than we usually do.   In the last three restaurants two servers come to the table.  They are training new servers as the South Florida boom is beginning.  I have NEVER seen these many people down here.....NEVER.   It is taking me an extra 15 minutes to drive From Cape Coral to Bonita Springs and it is one solid traffic jam.   These baby boomers 401ks have come back full force and people are paying 4k a month rent on places I would not pay 1k.  The beaches suck compared to Navarre, and yet all the beach rentals are filling up.  Restaurants in the past were near empty on a Tuesday night were full with people waiting.  

We usually are happy with chicken pot pies, a fresh dessert from Publix, and some fresh vegetables in the condo, but because my friend is allowing me to stay gratis we are going out to eat and having to wait in lines.   I have never in three successive nights seen people being trained.  The dealers in the poker room are getting huge tips compared to what they give in Pensacola.  Pensacola poker players are much better than south florida poker players who have more money than brains and are way loose.  There is a feeling down here that the floodgates of the economy have opened up.  I predict a rise in interest rates once the international economy stabalizes.  Cheap gas and money in people's pockets......hell at the rate this economy is humming......Hillary may have a balanced  budget when she takes office.

Training new servers...so you think service industry jobs help to grow the economy?

30Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/13/2015, 9:23 pm

Sal

Sal

Dumbass.

Restaurants are having trouble retaining good help because people are moving on to better jobs.

That's a good thing.

I've also noticed the trend.

31Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/13/2015, 9:43 pm

2seaoat

Training new servers...so you think service industry jobs help to grow the economy?

Yes, but more importantly it is an indicator. People are spending money. Demand drives 70% of our GDP, and it appears that the economic activity is really heating up. I think a server in a nice restaurant down here makes more than 90% of the teachers who have less than 10 years experience. The tips are huge. People are tipping at the poker tables like I have not seen in twenty years of playing poker. Instead of $1 tips by the winning hand, I am seeing $2 and $3. It is crazy. Like I said the other day, I saw a 100k pot taken down last week, and the average stack is 10-15k. The people who are doing really well in America are the wealthy. Naples Florida is the heart of American wealth. However, it is not just the rich towns but the middle class towns like Cape Coral which are booming. The revival of the baby boomers 401ks mean that people are spending money, so when you see the servers being trained you are only seeing the tip of the iceberg.

32Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/13/2015, 10:03 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Sorry more servers ( dumass sal) are only an indication of how screwed up things are and how desperate people have become

33Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/13/2015, 10:33 pm

2seaoat

Sorry more servers ( dumass sal) are only an indication of how screwed up things are and how desperate people have become

Take a deep breath, but some of the servers down here make 60k easily.

34Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/13/2015, 10:54 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:Sorry more servers ( dumass sal) are only an indication of how screwed up things are and how desperate people have become

Yes, and voting Republicans into office is the best way to address this problem........ Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

35Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/13/2015, 11:35 pm

boards of FL wrote:
KarlRove wrote:
Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:"Most of the globe" is 3rd world and much of it would be somewhere in the 4th, 5th or 6th world.  lol

Mmmmkay ....

.... Then, the United States economy is performing waaaaaaay better than most the globe's developed and modern economies.

And our economy STILL sucks. A record 46,000,000+ on SNAP for record 38  months straight. Guess that's a streak you like.

I'm not sure if you realize this or not, but the health of an economy isn't measured by the number of people who are on food stamps.  The economy is extremely healthy today and growing at a rate in excess of 5% annualized.

The SNAP numbers point to an entirely different problem - the skewed distribution of wealth and income.

Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3z7gBQtH28kaZalEfBzpsmqpMBTQ_oE9KWOoWryNcPvvrNe8HNg

Yes it is convenient to ignore pesky little facts like that when measuring the state of the economy.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 1/14/2015, 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

36Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/13/2015, 11:41 pm

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:It's estimated that we owe the federal reserve over 4 TRILLION dollars after the enormous and unprecedented money intervention. Who has really benefitted? Would boards say investors? Wall street? Banks? Corporations? Lol... ya right.

Btw... after he explains how this really helps the poor and middle class maybe he can tell us where that cash came from.

The fed stimulus has helped everyone participating in the economy.  Everyone from the hedge fund investor to the working bloke with a 401k.  You don't have to take my word for this, look at the numbers.

Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTSqECaMzgc8lyc5-OkNW2s5rJTno9pjBGPHZexK3XMxkgOBEJvA

4 trillion divided by a 100 million working blokes is nearly a half a million dollars each..... Funny but I don't feel a half a million dollars richer and my savings account at the bank still only draws 0.02% interest.

The math on 8 trillion dollars divided by 100 million says $800,000 per working bloke but we'll just round it up to a cool million dollars.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njG7p6CSbCU

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 1/14/2015, 1:02 am; edited 2 times in total

37Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/13/2015, 11:57 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

by 2seaoat Yesterday at 11:33 pm

Take a deep breath, but some of the servers down here make 60k easily.
by ZVUGKTUBM Yesterday at 11:54 pm

Not

38Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/14/2015, 8:52 am

2seaoat

With the growing economy, there will be growing revenues to deal with debt. However, without tax rate change we are simply spinning our wheels. It is time to return tax rates to levels which can pay our bills. The wealth in Naples is obscene when so many people structurally have been deprived any piece of the pie which was suppose to trickle down to them. Reagan was a great President. However, his economic policies have damned this country to debt and the loss of our middle class. The economy has objective numbers which measure its growth.......it is getting hot.

John Boener has bought a condo in the building of a friend on Marco Island. These are three million dollar places. How does a public servant buy a three million dollar condo? I understand my friend who built a printing business the last thirty years, but how does somebody who is in the House of Representatives buy a three million dollar condo?

39Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/14/2015, 8:59 am

KarlRove

KarlRove

The
Middle class did a lot better under Reagsn than they
Now do under Obummer

40Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/14/2015, 9:03 am

Obama and the fed policies make the reagan trickle down strategy look like a drop in the bucket. See results.

41Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/14/2015, 11:02 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:Sorry more servers ( dumass sal) are only an indication of how screwed up things are and how desperate people have become

The economy is producing a wide array of jobs. Not just food service.

No more food service jobs are being created today than at any other point in time when the economy was strong and adding millions of jobs per year.

Mining, logging, industrial construction, residential building, heavy civil engineering construction, specialty trade contractors, transportation and warehousing, IT services, rental and leasing services, professional business services, etc., etc., etc. are all growing at a rate faster than the food service industry. And these are just a few. I got tired of scrolling through the data and typing these out. In terms of year over year % change, the food service industry is getting beat out by all of the above and many many more.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/#data

42Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/14/2015, 11:06 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
KarlRove wrote:
Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:"Most of the globe" is 3rd world and much of it would be somewhere in the 4th, 5th or 6th world.  lol

Mmmmkay ....

.... Then, the United States economy is performing waaaaaaay better than most the globe's developed and modern economies.

And our economy STILL sucks. A record 46,000,000+ on SNAP for record 38  months straight. Guess that's a streak you like.

I'm not sure if you realize this or not, but the health of an economy isn't measured by the number of people who are on food stamps.  The economy is extremely healthy today and growing at a rate in excess of 5% annualized.

The SNAP numbers point to an entirely different problem - the skewed distribution of wealth and income.

Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3z7gBQtH28kaZalEfBzpsmqpMBTQ_oE9KWOoWryNcPvvrNe8HNg

Yes it is convenient to ignore pesky little facts like that when measuring the state of the economy.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

I didn't ignore them. Read my post. I said they are indicative of a different problem entirely.

The economy is growing at a rate of 5.0%.

43Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/14/2015, 11:46 am

gatorfan

Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Gdp_large

44Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/14/2015, 1:03 pm

boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
KarlRove wrote:
Sal wrote:

Mmmmkay ....

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

I didn't ignore them.  Read my post.  I said they are indicative of a different problem entirely.  

Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjY8FuAhiChdtkFUQUEJ5pfHL_uGG1u5ZLTMcewIxiji8gwC4f3w

They are just as much a part of the health of the economy as how well Wall Street is doing.

Calling it a different problem entirely is ignorance and/or avoidance.

Now what's that term? Oh yeah...

Smoke and mirrors.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk

Smile

45Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/14/2015, 1:13 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
KarlRove wrote:
Sal wrote:

Mmmmkay ....

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

I didn't ignore them.  Read my post.  I said they are indicative of a different problem entirely.  

Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjY8FuAhiChdtkFUQUEJ5pfHL_uGG1u5ZLTMcewIxiji8gwC4f3w

They are just as much a part of the health of the economy as how well Wall Street is doing.

Smoke and mirrors.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Again, food stamps point to the skewed distribution of wealth. That is quite different than the overall economy, which is highly productive and growing at the fastest rate in more than decade. We can confirm this in jobs numbers, GDP numbers, profits, leading indicators, lagging indicators, consumer confidence, etc., etc.

Food stamps are a different issue entirely. Democrats have suggested dealing with this through the tax structure and boosting the minimum wage. Republicans have nothing to offer in that regard because they don't view a gross distribution of wealth as a problem that needs solving.

46Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/14/2015, 4:31 pm

boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
KarlRove wrote:
Sal wrote:

Mmmmkay ....

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Smoke and mirrors.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Again, food stamps point to the skewed distribution of wealth.

Which is just as much a statement of the state of the economy.

boards of FL wrote: That is quite different than the overall economy, which is highly productive and growing at the fastest rate in more than decade.

It's a part of the state/health of the economy.

boards of FL wrote:We can confirm this in jobs numbers, GDP numbers, profits, leading indicators, lagging indicators, consumer confidence, etc., etc.

And jobs that are paid for by tax dollars at the local, state, and federal, levels should be counted negatively. Along with the number of people that are drawing welfare.

boards of FL wrote:Food stamps are a different issue entirely.

No they aren't. They have a negative impact on the economy since it takes tax dollars to provide them.

boards of FL wrote:Democrats have suggested dealing with this through the tax structure and boosting the minimum wage.

So more people can become unemployed as employers fire them and tell the rest of the working blokes to pick up the slack. Yeah that works really well.

boards of FL wrote:Republicans have nothing to offer in that regard because they don't view a gross distribution of wealth as a problem that needs solving.

Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxiPw-ePLOS_ROsAP1ZXiJowcRWWXh6WlXFwzLK_VqBnSenEZG

But then neither do you since your selected statistics about the economy only skews the matter further out of proportion.

Just as pumping more money into corporations at the local, state, and federal level, because they're 'To Big To Fail' is a big fail/negative when it comes to the state of the economy and if they were counted your grand economic figures would be bleeding red all over the place.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vetg7vWitTU

Smile

47Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/14/2015, 4:56 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

The chorus of economic data all agree that the economy is strong. At the same time, we have a warped distribution of wealth and income.

The warped distribution of wealth and income needs to be addressed. The strength of the economy does not, as it is doing just fine.

That said, feel free to continue worrying about our economy that just added 2.5 million jobs in 2014 alone and that - by last measure - is growing at a rate of 5% annualized. Though I'll tell you that your concern is misplaced.

Income and wealth distribution is where we need to look if we are to address the SNAP numbers. Democrats have offered policies to address this. Republicans have offered "No".

48Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/14/2015, 5:13 pm

boards of FL wrote:I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

The chorus of economic data all agree that the economy is strong.  At the same time, we have a warped distribution of wealth and income.  

The warped distribution of wealth and income needs to be addressed.  The strength of the economy does not, as it is doing just fine.  

That said, feel free to continue worrying about our economy that just added 2.5 million jobs in 2014 alone and that - by last measure - is growing at a rate of 5% annualized.  Though I'll tell you that your concern is misplaced.  

Income and wealth distribution is where we need to look if we are to address the SNAP numbers.  Democrats have offered policies to address this.  Republicans have offered "No".

Any time you want to be honest about you selected stats that make the economy look good because of your rosey red shades ya' all let me know.

Until then I'm voting no to any tax increase at any level of government.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy

49Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/14/2015, 5:25 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:

The chorus of economic data all agree that the economy is strong.  At the same time, we have a warped distribution of wealth and income.  

The warped distribution of wealth and income needs to be addressed.  The strength of the economy does not, as it is doing just fine.  

That said, feel free to continue worrying about our economy that just added 2.5 million jobs in 2014 alone and that - by last measure - is growing at a rate of 5% annualized.  Though I'll tell you that your concern is misplaced.  

Income and wealth distribution is where we need to look if we are to address the SNAP numbers.  Democrats have offered policies to address this.  Republicans have offered "No".

Any time you want to be honest about you selected stats that make the economy look good because of your rosey red shades ya' all let me know.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy

Not my stats. Just stats. As I said, jobs, GDP, leading indicators, lagging indicators, consumer confidence, new jobless claims, etc., all paint the picture.

I can't help it if you don't understand how numbers work.

50Economy is "Red Hot" - Page 2 Empty Re: Economy is "Red Hot" 1/14/2015, 11:28 pm

boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy

Not my stats.  Just stats.  As I said, jobs, GDP, leading indicators, lagging indicators, consumer confidence, new jobless claims, etc., all paint the picture.

I can't help it if you don't understand how numbers work.

I understand how the numbers work. I also understand the wonders that can be done with statistics when certain points are ignored or modified to make those stats look rosey. Just as I know your consumer confidence index would bottom out if they saw what the stats did if those factors were not ignored or modified. But you go right on ahead sticking your head where you do because someday when you clean the lint out of your belly button it might become clear to you how foolish you're being.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum