Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OK Now what?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OK  Now what? Empty OK Now what? 9/3/2012, 7:59 pm

Stooderville shuttered
So the grease is cold in the fryers, the little children are all shuffling home with downcast eyes. The players are headed to the airport and bus stations to depart for parts unknown. Many of the workers have their "Pink slips" and are again unemployed. So now what?. The ice cream shop is the only thing still open at the "park?" I have checked all the calendars and find nothing until November when there will be a Craft Beer festival. I hope to hell I am wrong but this does not look good.

OK  Now what? Crying-baseball-boy

2OK  Now what? Empty Re: OK Now what? 9/3/2012, 8:21 pm

Studer has hired the Trio Employment Network, a Gulf Breeze company, to help employees find new jobs.

“We sit down with employees and do anything we can do to help them find a job,” he said. “They are a proven commodity. Many have a five-month track record of good attendance.”

Gulf Breeze ? Sure we love to help Minorities.

Gulf Breeze population breakdown by race
Race Gulf Breeze Florida National
Caucasian 98.52%
African American 0.00%

Asian 0.11% 1.25% 1.86%
American Indian 0.21% 0.33% 1.31%
Native Hawaiian 0.09% 0.04% 0.14%
Mixed race 0.62% 2.31% 2.06%
Other race

3OK  Now what? Empty Re: OK Now what? 9/3/2012, 8:24 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote: Stooderville shuttered
So the grease is cold in the fryers, the little children are all shuffling home with downcast eyes. The players are headed to the airport and bus stations to depart for parts unknown. Many of the workers have their "Pink slips" and are again unemployed. So now what?. The ice cream shop is the only thing still open at the "park?" I have checked all the calendars and find nothing until November when there will be a Craft Beer festival. I hope to hell I am wrong but this does not look good.

Studer was on Channel 3 tonight and he said they have football games lined up starting in October and in the early part of 2013 college baseball will play in the stadium.

4OK  Now what? Empty Re: OK Now what? 9/3/2012, 8:27 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Did the hot dog vendors at a base ball park think it was an all year job, or a career?

5OK  Now what? Empty Re: OK Now what? 9/3/2012, 8:28 pm

And that is written...where? I dont see it posted any were. Is he just making it up as he goes also? Damn late in the game to just be thinking about it............ College baseball starts in March? This is September.

6OK  Now what? Empty Re: OK Now what? 9/3/2012, 9:13 pm

2seaoat

all in good time.....all in good time. I think a realistic discussion of ballpark expansion, and better utilization of the park all need to be discussed. I would think some high school football games and maybe some playoff games.......it will be fun to follow the evolution of the park over the next five years. Did they ever release the final attendance records?

7OK  Now what? Empty Re: OK Now what? 9/3/2012, 9:45 pm

I can help. Attendance will be zero for the rest of the month. Saying you had 300,000 in attendance appears to mean that 300,000 different people attended a event. That would be like saying the attendance for my house is 365 because I leave and come back every day. It was 5,000 people many many of the them the same folks going to the same place over and over.

8OK  Now what? Empty Re: OK Now what? 9/4/2012, 12:25 am

Let me look into my crystal ball....

Oh wow, Looks like they'll be playing "football" in October! Hold on, I see something else...I see "2" ice skating rings will be built, one for kids, One for bigger people.

9OK  Now what? Empty Re: OK Now what? 9/4/2012, 7:02 am

I am sure the attendance records are spot on. LOL

10OK  Now what? Empty Re: OK Now what? 9/4/2012, 7:36 am

I told you Id come and perform there with my amazing chicken.

It would give me a reason and a income to move back there.

Can you book that for me?

11OK  Now what? Empty Re: OK Now what? 9/4/2012, 8:05 am

Chrissy8 wrote:I told you Id come and perform there with my amazing chicken.

I will see what I can do when I talk with Mr Studer today. You need to work cheap, quick and know when to go home. There maybe a opening in Section 117 for next year. It was sold out this year. But for you, I will see what I can do.

12OK  Now what? Empty Re: OK Now what? 9/4/2012, 8:14 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:I told you Id come and perform there with my amazing chicken.

I will see what I can do when I talk with Mr Studer today. You need to work cheap, quick and know when to go home. There maybe a opening in Section 117 for next year. It was sold out this year. But for you, I will see what I can do.

No problem. I'm a professional, working cheap, quick and knowing when to go home is a must.

13OK  Now what? Empty Re: OK Now what? 9/4/2012, 9:17 am

I have complained and whined about the stadium some myself, but now I really do not care one iota about it. I never attended a ball game, not because I was against the stadium in the first place, but because I do not care for baseball whatsoever.

So the city and Mr. Studer can do whatever they want with the stadium. I just hate it for the citizens of the city that were hoodwinked into building it, but I am not a city dweller so it is no skin off my back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum