Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Much Reading Have You Done in 2014?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I just bought my 19th Kindle book for the year. I really did not start reading until March, and since then have covered 18 Kindle books, plus 3 other books that were downloadable .pdf files. I will start Kindle book number 19 this evening.

Not included are 3 other Kindle books that were not what I thought they would be and which I did not finish.

I actually do not own a Kindle, but use the Kindle for PC software and read from my computer monitor. I read a lot of history and often find myself keeping a Wikipedia window open so I can research names and places I am not familiar with.

I absolutely love eBooks and technology, for sure.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

Lots...I'm in grad school.

Not as much as I should. Off the top of my head - a Grisham book that I'll have to look back and see the title; American Wife - loosely based on Laura Bush; All Over but the Shoutin' - Rick Bragg; and started but did not finish a couple; a few independent published books by writers I have met. This has been a year of writing so the reading goes a bit by the wayside. Oh, and Christms Train by David Baldacci - still reading.

Old fashioned and love a book in my hand. Love the smell of the pages but I do have kindle on my mac.

cool1

cool1

I don't read books I just don't like it Very Happy --I read the computer everyday and look at news stories but as far as paper books naaaa!!!!! haha I read one of my sisters books but that was because she wrote it Laughing

Im a face book addict I know I am but not as bad as some of my friends --haha I took a selfie picture yesterday haven't done that in a looong time and go figure no one pushed like smh Exclamation ---------- Laughing

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

cool1 wrote:I don't read books I just don't like it Very Happy --I read the computer everyday and look at news stories but as far as paper books naaaa!!!!!  

Me neither, cool.  I have read voraciously all my adult life but not full-length books (fiction or non-fiction).  
I don't have the attention span to stay with a book.  Never have.  Not really interested in devoting that much reading time to one author's ideas.  In the same amount of time I would spend reading a book,  I can absorb the ideas of a dozen different people and not just one.  And now the internet makes every idea known to humankind available to me.
I know it's very unpopular to say you don't like books.  But I'm with you on it.

Last edited by Bob on 12/30/2014, 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I just bought my 19th Kindle book for the year. I really did not start reading until March, and since then have covered 18 Kindle books, plus 3 other books that were downloadable .pdf files. I will start Kindle book number 19 this evening.

Not included are 3 other Kindle books that were not what I thought they would be and which I did not finish.

I actually do not own a Kindle, but use the Kindle for PC software and read from my computer monitor. I read a lot of history and often find myself keeping a Wikipedia window open so I can research names and places I am not familiar with.

I absolutely love eBooks and technology, for sure.

I don't know if it works with Kindle, but a friend who has a Nook says she waits a bit, the book price drops, and she scoops up some reads for as little as $.99 each.

polecat

polecat

I got a Kindle for Christmas a year ago and it sat there until 2 months ago and now I have read 4 books so put me down for 4.

All non fiction, cant stand fiction.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum