Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Financial Firms Face Subpoenas on Tax Strategy

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/business/inquiry-on-tax-strategy-adds-to-scrutiny-of-finance-firms.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

"The New York attorney general is investigating whether some of the nation’s biggest private equity firms have abused a tax strategy in order to slice hundreds of millions of dollars from their tax bills, according to executives with direct knowledge of the inquiry.

The attorney general, Eric T. Schneiderman, has in recent weeks subpoenaed more than a dozen firms seeking documents that would reveal whether they converted certain management fees collected from their investors into fund investments, which are taxed at a far lower rate than ordinary income.

Among the firms to receive subpoenas are Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Company, TPG Capital, Sun Capital Partners, Apollo Global Management, Silver Lake Partners and Bain Capital, which was founded by Mitt Romney, the Republican nominee for president. Representatives for the firms declined to comment on the inquiry..."

good... if ANYBODY is doing something illegal get em. but... if they aren't... it's time to either change the laws or stfu. the envy and class warfare crap doesn't end well for anybody... read a book.

This is underhanded dirty politics and mis use of power if I have ever seen it.

Im with pkrbum on if anything is being done illegal, they should be punished.

but this is plain as day a ploy to try and sway opinion away from romney.

I would not be surprised at all if this is being done at the direct request of obama. good old fashioned chicago politics.......

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:good... if ANYBODY is doing something illegal get em. but... if they aren't... it's time to either change the laws or stfu. the envy and class warfare crap doesn't end well for anybody... read a book.

I guarantee you, fool, that I've read more books in my lifetime and in the past 30 days than you. And it's about damn time that somebody did something to stop the rampant greed of the financial sector. You are apparently so blinded by your fear of government that you truly can no longer see the forest.

then you "wish" to ignore history. mao basically had it right eh? or maybe russia did? it would be comical if it weren't so damn sad... you must read romance novels.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:then you "wish" to ignore history. mao basically had it right eh? or maybe russia did? it would be comical if it weren't so damn sad... you must read romance novels.

Unlike you, I've passed the "Fun with Dick and Jane" stage.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Financial Firms Face Subpoenas on Tax Strategy Jackas10

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:then you "wish" to ignore history. mao basically had it right eh? or maybe russia did? it would be comical if it weren't so damn sad... you must read romance novels.

Unlike you, I've passed the "Fun with Dick and Jane" stage.

i highly doubt it... why don't you just come to terms with your ideology. i hate to do it for you... but i'll help a little. your ideas are not new... here's a little clue for you:

"present-day society is wholly based on the exploitation of the vast masses of the working class by a tiny minority of the population, the class of the landowners and that of the capitalists."

great idea huh? do you think obama said it?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:Financial Firms Face Subpoenas on Tax Strategy Jackas10

None, Joani, if you sign off.

"A dangerous tendency has shown itself of late among many of our personnel - an unwillingness to share the joys and hardships of the masses, a concern for personal fame and gain.This is very bad. One way of overcoming it is to simplify our organizations in the course of our campaign to increase production and practice economy, and to transfer cadres to lower levels so that a considerable number will return to productive work".

beautiful... isn't it? I bet this was a really nice guy and everything turned out great.

PkrBum wrote:"A dangerous tendency has shown itself of late among many of our personnel - an unwillingness to share the joys and hardships of the masses, a concern for personal fame and gain.This is very bad. One way of overcoming it is to simplify our organizations in the course of our campaign to increase production and practice economy, and to transfer cadres to lower levels so that a considerable number will return to productive work".

beautiful... isn't it? I bet this was a really nice guy and everything turned out great.

[img]Financial Firms Face Subpoenas on Tax Strategy 53939310[/img]

nothing matters... she won't examine what she's been taught/believes. it's a shame... because the history of class conflict is compelling. a more resent... but nearly as effective leftist tactic is undermining voting confidence. unfortunately she drinks that poison too.

these are not benign ideas or people... they do not simply desire "fairness" or some feel good crapola. it never ends well on large scale... it won't this time.

NaNook

NaNook

[quote="Floridatexan"]
PkrBum wrote:good... if ANYBODY is doing something illegal get em. but... if they aren't... it's time to either change the laws or stfu. the envy and class warfare crap doesn't end well for anybody... read a book.

I guarantee you, fool, that I've read more books in my lifetime and in the past 30 days than you. And it's about damn time that somebody did something to stop the rampant greed of the financial sector. You are apparently so blinded by your fear of government that you truly can no longer see the forest. [/quote

Only 3 questions:

What Private Equity Group hired Bill Clinton as a spokesman? Why did they pay him millions? Why aren't they named in the suit?.....go figure...

BTW: Who hired Baby Clinton out of college paying her 200k+ per year? Good work if you can get it..........

[quote="NaNook"]
Floridatexan wrote:

I guarantee you, fool, that I've read more books in my lifetime and in the past 30 days than you. And it's about damn time that somebody did something to stop the rampant greed of the financial sector. You are apparently so blinded by your fear of government that you truly can no longer see the forest. [/quote

Only 3 questions:

What Private Equity Group hired Bill Clinton as a spokesman? Why did they pay him millions? Why aren't they named in the suit?.....go figure...

BTW: Who hired Baby Clinton out of college paying her 200k+ per year? Good work if you can get it..........

nanook, can you please give the answers to those questions? I have to go to work soon and would love to know. Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum