Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No dogs in Heaven.......

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No dogs in Heaven....... Empty No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 1:45 pm

2seaoat

I had a debate with a bible scholar many years ago that dogs go to heaven and he was able to show me scripture that in fact dogs do not go to heaven. I have some problems to begin with the concept of heaven, but if this place has no dogs......well give me some more information on hell, and whether dogs are allowed.

2No dogs in Heaven....... Empty Re: No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 1:53 pm

Pope Francis has recently commented on this issue.
From the NY Times"

"In his remarks, as reported by Vatican Radio, Francis said of paradise: “It’s lovely to think of this, to think we will find ourselves up there. All of us in heaven. It’s good, it gives strength to our soul.“At the same time, the Holy Scripture teaches us that the fulfillment of this wonderful design also affects everything around us, and that came out of the thought and the heart of God.”

Also in the Times from an Italian newspaper:

"Italy’s Corriere della Sera newspaper, analyzing the pope’s remarks, concluded he believed animals have a place in the afterlife. It drew an analogy to comforting words that Pope Paul VI was said to have once told a distraught boy whose dog had died: “One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God’s creatures.”

3No dogs in Heaven....... Empty Re: No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 2:22 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Dogs do not have an eternal soul, so no, they will not join us there. It is pleasant to think about how they might, however.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

4No dogs in Heaven....... Empty Re: No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 2:23 pm

2seaoat

Then he showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city [the new Jerusalem]; also, on either side of the river, the Tree of Life... Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the Tree of Life and that they may enter the city by the gates. Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and fornicators and murderers and idolaters, and every one who loves and practices falsehood (Revelation 22:1-2, 14-15)
There you have it, in black and white! Even the Greek is clear: Outside are "the dogs" (kunes). The Heavenly Jerusalem has a sign, and it reads: "No Dogs allowed." So, for all you dog-lovers, sorry.

5No dogs in Heaven....... Empty Re: No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 2:55 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Dogs do not have an eternal soul, so no, they will not join us there. It is pleasant to think about how they might, however.

More soul than many humans I know. Wink Animals certainly have emotion. Have you not seen a dog or a cat grieve over the loss of their humans or another pet in the house?

No soul?

6No dogs in Heaven....... Empty Re: No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 2:57 pm

Sal

Sal

My dogs are more human than canine, so I think they have a good shot.

7No dogs in Heaven....... Empty Re: No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 3:25 pm

Heaven doesn't sound as good without dogs... they may want to reconsider their business model.

8No dogs in Heaven....... Empty Re: No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 4:11 pm

2seaoat

No dogs and then how old will we be if we get there......Will we be the sick person lying on our death bed, or will we be a nine year old? How old will the other people be? You arrive and find out you are 20 years older than your father.....or mother?

Why does the bible put dogs with sorcerers and fornicators and murderers and idolaters, .....yea my dog lays around a lot, but she is not fornicating, has not murdered anybody, and maybe sneaks something she should not have.....but banned from heaven with her cohorts....pretty tough.

9No dogs in Heaven....... Empty Re: No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 4:40 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

No dogs, but the good news is the streets in heaven are paved with gold so carry a shovel with you so you can get rich.

10No dogs in Heaven....... Empty Re: No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 4:40 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

On the other hand don't bother with the shovel. If gold in heaven is as common as asphalt, it won't have any value.

11No dogs in Heaven....... Empty Re: No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 4:46 pm

2seaoat

Gold streets and promised virgins, and now no dogs........heaven is beginning to look like a concept with many flaws. At least I know that no pure bred dog owner who partakes in the torture of animals will be there......but to think of all the pain of those puppies......maybe the concept of hell does have some relevancy.

12No dogs in Heaven....... Empty Re: No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 4:57 pm

Sal

Sal

I have two pure bred huskies, but they're both rescues.

How much purgatory time am I looking at?

13No dogs in Heaven....... Empty Re: No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 5:00 pm

2seaoat

I have two pure bred huskies, but they're both rescues.

How much purgatory time am I looking at?

I just talked to the big guy, you get a go to heaven pass and can bring the dogs.

14No dogs in Heaven....... Empty Re: No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 5:16 pm

Sal

Sal

I'm quite sure they punched their tickets long before I did mine.

My uncle spent several years in a nursing home before he died.

He absolutely loved those dogs, so once a week I'd take them with me for a visit.

I don't know if you've spent any time around huskies, but to say they're rambunctious would be a massive understatement.

Their demeanor completely changed as soon as they walked through that door.

They seemed to sense that the people there were frail, and they were gentle as lambs.

To see the resident's faces light up when they visited was truly a joy.

15No dogs in Heaven....... Empty Re: No dogs in Heaven....... 12/13/2014, 5:29 pm

2seaoat

I have seen the effect of dogs when my MIL was in a nursing home....it brings the child out of all those broken people. A beautiful thing. I also believe that most dogs can sense things. What is funny now is that my pups sister is my daughter's dog. Well her FIL comes for thanksgiving and got to near the grandkids and the dog growled and took a protective position between him and the kids.......this is exactly what the german shepard had done before she passed. She would always growl at the FIL and did not like him anywhere near the kids. He just cannot figure out why the dogs disliked him. My wife asked him why he never takes the time to pet the dogs, and why he does not acknowledge them......he did not have an answer. Dogs are very perceptive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum