Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rasmussen: After strong GDP and jobs numbers, Obama back in positive approval territory

+2
TEOTWAWKI
boards of FL
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

Stick a fork in republican presidential candidates. They're done.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

What the hell are you smoking Boards ?

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:What the hell are you smoking Boards ?

GDP: 3.9% for Q3 2014

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdpnewsrelease.htm

Jobs: 321,000 added to the economy in November 2014

http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2014/ted_20141208.htm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Rasmussen:  After strong GDP and jobs numbers, Obama back in positive approval territory A-smoke-and-mirrors-Obama-300

and maybe a little help from...

Crude Oil63.16-2.68

gatorfan

This thread is hilarious!

Didn't you make the same prediction about the recent election in spite of Dem candidates running as far and fast away from O as fast as they could?

Besides, I don't think the GOP has a viable "candidate" anyway.

So,

your point is not valid.

Again.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:This thread is hilarious!

Didn't you make the same prediction about the recent election in spite of Dem candidates running as far and fast away from O as fast as they could?

So,

your point is not valid.

Again.

The point is that if the president's approval numbers turn around and we find ourselves in the midst of the 2016 election with an economy that continues to be strong and creating private sector jobs, republicans are toast. This is absolutely a valid point.

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:This thread is hilarious!

So,

your point is not valid.

Again.

The point is that if the president's approval numbers turn around and we find ourselves in the midst of the 2016 election with an economy that continues to be strong and creating private sector jobs, republicans are toast.  This is absolutely a valid point.

Well let's take your point another step. IF we find ourselves in the midst of the 2016 election with a strong (or strengthening) economy it's also possible those fickle voters out there might believe the current Congressional majority of Repubs is responsible and go Republican.

One never knows.

I'll wait a while for strong Independent to appear. Not holding my breath waiting for that to happen though in this climate of billion dollar campaigns.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:Well let's take your point another step. IF we find ourselves in the midst of the 2016 election with a strong (or strengthening) economy it's also possible those fickle voters out there might believe the current Congressional majority of Repubs is responsible and go Republican.

In order to do that, one would need to completely ignore all of the growth and jobs that were added prior to the recent election. Further, they would have to forget all that they know about civics and how the government works, as republicans do not have a filibuster proof majority in the senate.

If the pattern holds... there will be a significant downturn/correction/economic whatever before obama is out.

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:Well let's take your point another step. IF we find ourselves in the midst of the 2016 election with a strong (or strengthening) economy it's also possible those fickle voters out there might believe the current Congressional majority of Repubs is responsible and go Republican.

In order to do that, one would need to completely ignore all of the growth and jobs that were added prior to the recent election.  Further, they would have to forget all that they know about civics and how the government works, as republicans do not have a filibuster proof majority in the senate.

I believe it's apparent the few voters that turned out did ignore the "growth and job" numbers as proven by how many Dem seats were lost.

Regarding your filibuster argument - are you now saying the Dem remnants are going be obstructionists as you blamed the R's for being prior to the last election?

Obstructionists for the good of the country you know, not for political reasons, because everyone knows all Dems are pure patriots who only want the very best for the country.

Gag.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:I believe it's apparent the few voters that turned out did ignore the "growth and job" numbers as proven by how many Dem seats were lost.

You could probably stand to do some reading on the subject of how mid-term elections generally go during the 2nd term of a presidency.

gatorfan wrote:Regarding your filibuster argument - are you now saying the Dem remnants are going be obstructionists as you blamed the R's for being prior to the last election?

Obstructionists for the good of the country you know, not for political reasons, because everyone knows all Dems are pure patriots who only want the very best for the country.

I'm saying we had gridlock in the senate prior to the election and we still have gridlock in the senate today. Nothing has changed in that regard so it's not as if someone can point to the senate election results as an indicator of anything.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Obama back in positive approval territory

I don't care who you are, that's funny. LOL

boards of FL

boards of FL

VectorMan wrote:Obama back in positive approval territory

I don't care who you are, that's funny. LOL

If you really want a laugh, have a look at this comparison between Obama and Bush's approval rating at this comparable time.  Ouch!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/obama_bush_first_term_job_approval.html

Bush was sitting and a -25 spread on 12/08/2006, which - believe it or not - was actually quite good for him, seeing as how he was sitting at -36.2 when he left office.

Hahahahahaha. You voted for him twice! Hahahahahaha.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

Stick a fork in republican presidential candidates. They're done.

Since the Pensacola News Forum was started, Progressives ignored and denigrated the Rasmussen Poll. Now since "only" 37% STRONGLY DISAPPROVE of Semi-retired President Obama and 50% approve, now it is a highly reliable source. Boards of FL doesn't even read the details. But then, when have DETAILS concerned PROGRESSIVES?

Rasmussen:  After strong GDP and jobs numbers, Obama back in positive approval territory PresidentialPollingAvg1282014_zps1fdd2504

Last edited by Markle on 12/8/2014, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

I believe it's apparent the few voters that turned out did ignore the "growth and job" numbers as proven by how many Dem seats were lost.

So you thought more voters in Ark, La, Ky, and Ga would vote democrat? It was a structural election which I predicted 52-3 Republican senate count.....I was one off, and I was rooting for the Democrats. Most of the experts nailed the prediction at 54. President Obama could have stood on his head and farted gold until the national debt was paid and that midterm election in THOSE states was not going to change a bit. It is a bit naive for you to think that the Republicans can win a nationwide election. They cannot, absent some extraordinary circumstances. Hillary will quietly become the first woman President in America.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

Stick a fork in republican presidential candidates.  They're done.

Since the Pensacola News Forum was started, Progressives ignored and denigrated the Rasmussen Poll.  Now since "only" 37% STRONGLY DISAPPROVE of Semi-retired President Obama and 50% approve, now it is a highly reliable source.  Boards of FL doesn't even read the details.  But then, when have DETAILS concerned PROGRESSIVES?

Rasmussen:  After strong GDP and jobs numbers, Obama back in positive approval territory PresidentialPollingAvg1282014_zps1fdd2504

Rasmussen:  After strong GDP and jobs numbers, Obama back in positive approval territory AnimatedLaughterPink

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:I believe it's apparent the few voters that turned out did ignore the "growth and job" numbers as proven by how many Dem seats were lost.

It is a bit naive for you to think that the Republicans can win a nationwide election.  

Making stuff up again because you are clueless or just...because?

Where did I ever state the R's could win a national election?

I didn't.

Pop another pill and get over your shallow arrogance - you're getting as bad as BOF.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum