Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Super bad news for the critics of ACA.....it is kicking butt this fall

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/insurance/the-obamacare-paradox-the-law-looks-terrible-but-is-doing-great/ar-BBgnPVu

765,000 Healthcare.gov shoppers selected health insurance plans during the first three weeks of open enrollment this fall. Ouch

Health care costs grew at their slowest rate ever in 2013 — in part due to Obamacare's spending cuts — according to a recent study in Health Affairs. And hospitals have been making fewer deadly medical errors since the Affordable Care Act began cutting Medicare reimbursements for institutions with lots of errors. Ouch

Health and Human Services put out a report this afternoon finding that the number of options on Healthcare.gov has increased 25 percent over the past year. Ouch

The average benchmark insurance premium (the mid-level plan that the government uses to figure out how big subsidies will be) went up 2 percent between 2013 and 2014. In the years before the health insurance expansion, premiums in the individual market typically went up by at least 10 percent annually. Ouch

The health care system covers more people than it did a year ago. Costs are growing at a slower pace than ever before and hospitals are killing fewer patients. That's a lot of good news that's happened quickly. There's a lot of good happening with the law Thank you President Obama

2seaoat

bump for Markle blood pressure check

2seaoat

Did they say a two percent increase........must be a mistake.

True and recent information from a friend and their "kicking butt" ACA insurance premiums.

"In 2013 I had a great plan and was paying $350 per month. I was "cancelled" because of Obamacare and had to go into the marketplace. Just "renewed" and premium is now over $1100...my share would be 884 per month."

Talk to people and get the real story.

It's kicking butts alright.

Rolling Eyes

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/half-of-the-senators-who-voted-for-obamacare-wont-be-part-of-new-senate/article/2555721

KarlRove

KarlRove

by 2seaoat Today at 3:32 am
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/insurance/the-obamacare-paradox-the-law-looks-terrible-but-is-doing-great/ar-BBgnPVu

765,000 Healthcare.gov shoppers selected health insurance plans during the first three weeks of open enrollment this fall. Ouch

Health care costs grew at their slowest rate ever in 2013 — in part due to Obamacare's spending cuts — according to a recent study in Health Affairs. And hospitals have been making fewer deadly medical errors since the Affordable Care Act began cutting Medicare reimbursements for institutions with lots of errors. Ouch

Health and Human Services put out a report this afternoon finding that the number of options on Healthcare.gov has increased 25 percent over the past year. Ouch

The average benchmark insurance premium (the mid-level plan that the government uses to figure out how big subsidies will be) went up 2 percent between 2013 and 2014. In the years before the health insurance expansion, premiums in the individual market typically went up by at least 10 percent annually. Ouch

The health care system covers more people than it did a year ago. Costs are growing at a slower pace than ever before and hospitals are killing fewer patients. That's a lot of good news that's happened quickly. There's a lot of good happening with the law Thank you President Obama
by 2seaoat Today at 4:50 am
-------

Yes but we recently found out a couple of weeks ago that the Obama admin cooked the books saying over 7 million signed up last time and it was 400k too many. Whatever they say in regards to enrollment is always a falsehood.

2seaoat

"In 2013 I had a great plan and was paying $350 per month. I was "cancelled" because of Obamacare and had to go into the marketplace. Just "renewed" and premium is now over $1100...my share would be 884 per month."

I call BS. A whole lotta BS. A great plan for 350 in what universe do you take your space walks.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Yes everyone who has an opinion contrary to your opinion is a liar .... Sheesh

2seaoat wrote:"In 2013 I had a great plan and was paying $350 per month. I was "cancelled" because of Obamacare and had to go into the marketplace. Just "renewed" and premium is now over $1100...my share would be 884 per month."

I call BS.  A whole lotta BS.   A great plan for 350 in what universe do you take your space walks.

I don't give a flip what you call or what you insinuate about me. Just proves your ignorance. I live in reality and know this is the situation of a friend. Open your ears and eyes, talk to real people, and see what's really going on around you.

2seaoat

So your sticking to your pretend story that she had a great plan for $350.......thank you for confirming what I already knew.

2seaoat

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-02-26/heres-how-much-people-are-actually-paying-for-health-insurance

Put a little peanut butter on that mouse trap, and you can catch a rat.

Vikingwoman

SheWrites wrote:
2seaoat wrote:"In 2013 I had a great plan and was paying $350 per month. I was "cancelled" because of Obamacare and had to go into the marketplace. Just "renewed" and premium is now over $1100...my share would be 884 per month."

I call BS.  A whole lotta BS.   A great plan for 350 in what universe do you take your space walks.

I don't give a flip what you call or what you insinuate about me.  Just proves your ignorance.  I live in reality and know this is the situation of a friend.  Open your ears and eyes, talk to real people, and see what's really going on around you.  

B-u-l-l-s-h-i-t!

2seaoat

B-u-l-l-s-h-i-t!

How challenged do you have to be to post that story and think anybody would give it any credence. Then she gets mad at me. I did her a favor. If she continues to play poker with fives going all in......things will not end well.

Lisa12

Seaoat, do you even remember the posts I made a few weeks ago about my plan and you called BS on that too, UNTIL PPACA came on here and confirmed it?

2seaoat

Seaoat, do you even remember the posts I made a few weeks ago about my plan and you called BS on that too, UNTIL PPACA came on here and confirmed it?

Please tell the truth. T posted making it sound like your premium went up by $450.00. I called BS and I was right. You posted and clarified that T was wrong. Her post is solid BS. Like T she is trying to argue over a hundred percent increase......almost two hundred percent. It is real simple.....people are not idiots.

Lisa12

But you saw that the plan I got for that amount now has a $6300 deductible, making it basically a catastophic policy only. That is something to be happy about?

2seaoat

But you saw that the plan I got for that amount now has a $6300 deductible, making it basically a catastophic policy only. That is something to be happy about?

It depends what your health is......in my case we paid for the lowest deductible because we pay the same the first month of the year, which is only $1,200 for me and 1,200 for my wife. These false horror stories of multi hundred percent increases are entirely bogus. How much deductible did you want, and what is the cost difference to achieve the same?

Lisa12

My health is good (as far as I know anyways), but $400+ for a catastrophic only policy does not seem all that good to me.

2seaoat

My health is good (as far as I know anyways), but $400+ for a catastrophic only policy does not seem all that good to me.

This is not what I asked. How much would it cost you to get to the deductible you think you need? All sources are showing nationwide 25% more policy options than last year. You act like you have no options and you have been treated unfairly. This is completely the opposite of what other people are saying. They are celebrating the options they now have.

Lisa12

I don't believe I ever said I have been treated unfairly. I was used to having no deductible and just co-pays before. That was running about $1100 for family coverage through a business. I am actually one who could not get coverage because I had a pre-existing condition (an aneurysm in 1974) so I should be the one who is most happy about this. But I still don't believe this is a fair price for what I get. And I do not remember the price for, say, a $1500 deductible, but it was high enough that I could not even consider purchasing it.

2seaoat

I go through my deductible in the first month of each policy period. I could not afford not to get a low deductible. I am sure some health care consumers have not had a perfect fit, but overall the ACA has been a great success. In five years there will be total silence on these type of issues. It is when people try to mix politics with the real world facts which gets me angry. One of my poker buddies from high school HATES obama and black people. Yet, he completely gives NO credit to the president for his health policy which has allowed him to retire early and enjoy life. Not any recognition at all, and he will sit and tell the three hundred percent rise in policy costs at the poker table to make Obama seem stupid, but he is happy as a pig in chit about his policy. He has major pre existing conditions.....not one iota of recognition. The hate is pathological.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum