Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NYPD cop of the year busted trafficking coke in Florida....

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://nypost.com/2014/12/03/former-cop-of-the-year-busted-on-coke-trafficking-charges/

A Queens police officer who once won his precinct’s “Cop of the Year’’ award has been busted on cocaine-trafficking charges, sources said Tuesday.
Officer Philip LeRoy, who works in the 114th Precinct, was nabbed just before midnight Monday in Sunrise City, Fla., with two other men while allegedly buying 10 kilos of cocaine, sources told The Post.
LeRoy — the son of a retired detective — allegedly drove from New York with the intent to buy drugs in the Sunshine State and had his off-duty weapon on him at the time.
“Sunrise PD does this thing called forfeiture, which are like reverse drug-deal stings, where cops pose as dealers selling very cheap cocaine. They’re known for these kind of big busts,” a police source said.
“You got to be pretty stupid to do this deal in Sunrise.”
LeRoy, 28, was charged with felony weapons possession, cocaine trafficking and conspiracy to traffic cocaine, according to court records. His bail was set at $250,000.
The NYPD suspended the cop early Tuesday, authorities said.
He is in jail awaiting formal charges to be brought by state prosecutors, which could take up to 21 days, said an official at the Broward County Clerk’s Office.
Two years ago, LeRoy was picked from more than 100 officers in his precinct to win its “Cop of the Year” award, according to a report at the time.

2seaoat

LeRoy, 28, was charged with felony weapons possession, cocaine trafficking and conspiracy to traffic cocaine, according to court records. His bail was set at $250,000.

Some cocaine gets an immediate arrest and a bail setting, but if you hurt or kill a citizen, no arrest, no bail, and no justice.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:LeRoy, 28, was charged with felony weapons possession, cocaine trafficking and conspiracy to traffic cocaine, according to court records. His bail was set at $250,000.

Some cocaine gets an immediate arrest and a bail setting, but if you hurt or kill a citizen, no arrest, no bail, and no justice.

In the line of duty or off duty?

2seaoat

In the line of duty or off duty?

Zero distinction......a crime is a crime.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I used to buy and sell old slot machines to doctors and dentists and others who put them in their home game rooms.

About 30 years ago I went to Ft. Lauderdale with a friend from Gulfport MS to buy some slot machines from a person I know who was selling them down there.  
We met him at a diner in Ft. Lauderdale and then followed him to a mini-warehouse in Boca to buy the machines.
We loaded up and then headed back.  When we got to the first main intersection in Boca,  we were surrounded by police cars who did a running roadblock (sandwiched us between two police cars in front and back of us) and stopped us.  Police jumped out with drawn guns and ordered us out of the car.  They wrestled us to the ground and handcuffed us and took us to the Boca Raton city jail.  Then transferred us to the Broward County Jail (one of the worst jails in the country at the time).
We were held in jail overnight.  We found out the police had been thumbing through the Florida Statutes all night trying to find a felony to charge us with.  But all they could find was a 2nd degree misdemeanor (about like jaywalking) and they eventually charged us with that.  We were released on $100 bond.  When we got back home we had to hire an attorney who made it so the $100 bond was the fine and the case was over.
But we had lost $9000 worth of slot machines which had been confiscated and were never returned.

Here's the kicker.  Shortly after I got back home,  my uncle who at the time was a Circuit Judge in Panama City called me.  He said there was a wire story in the Panama City newspaper about me.  It said I was "one of the leaders of a gambling syndicate which stretched from South Florida to Mississippi." I could not believe it. I thought he was pulling my leg.

I then went to the library to get the Miami Herald.  There was a front page story with a color photo of a cop named Nick Navaro with his arms around a slot machine.  And the story was that Navarro and his Organized Crime Bureau of the Broward Sheriff's Dept had busted a gambling syndicate.  And that I was the leader of it.  Now I really couldn't believe my eyes.  I thought to myself "maybe I did run a mafia gambling ring and maybe I had amnesia and just didn't remember doing it".  lol

After more digging I discovered how all this had happened.
A very controversial New York policeman named Nick Navarro had been run out of New York and then was hired to run the south Florida "Organized Crime Bureau".  But he was wanting to be Sheriff of Broward County.
To make a name for himself,  he made ridiculous busts like mine and then told the newspapers these whopper stories about what he'd accomplished.
The newspaper bought it all hook, line and sinker.  And not long after this he ran for Sheriff and won.

I've had a bad taste in my mouth about New York cops ever since.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I can see why you loved the show BREAKING BAD...you identified with it....LOL....WOW I know a crime kingpin.....

NYPD cop of the year busted trafficking coke in Florida.... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdp45-h_gmwqKA2VjGoP4aa2iCRWS28bM7fFflxca0dp3SqtETwA

I always figured there was more to Bob's hobby than he was letting on. Now we know. Note to self: Don't borrow money from Bob.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCFUGCOLLU

Shocked

2seaoat

I cannot believe you rolled over and let them take your machines. Was there a law on the books concerning the sale of slot machines in Florida?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:  Was there a law on the books concerning the sale of slot machines in Florida?

The law permitted buying, selling, and possessing slot machines which were manufactured prior to 1941. These were newer than that.

2seaoat

The law permitted buying, selling, and possessing slot machines which were manufactured prior to 1941. These were newer than that.

Mobster.

2seaoat

2seaoat

dumpcare

I've always wondered why you hold your ring up as for me to kiss when we have met. Sorry Don Bob I didn't know. But I still won't kiss your ring.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:I've always wondered why you hold your ring up as for me to kiss when we have met. Sorry Don Bob I didn't know. But I still won't kiss your ring.

Next time I come in there to buy insurance, I'm gonna have to make you an offer you can't refuse.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:I've always wondered why you hold your ring up as for me to kiss when we have met. Sorry Don Bob I didn't know. But I still won't kiss your ring.

Next time I come in there to buy insurance,  I'm gonna have to make you an offer you can't refuse.

Just don't bring Vito with you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum