Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Experienced a Heart Attack Yesterday A.M.

+10
knothead
QueenOfHearts
Telstar
KarlRove
dumpcare
Vikingwoman
Joanimaroni
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
ZVUGKTUBM
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

My Thanksgiving Holiday began with me experiencing my very first heart attack yesterday morning. No Joke...

I woke up feeling good and went through my normal morning routine, washing, bathrooming, shaving, dressing, etc., and then suddenly, I felt a bit of heartburn. I was gassy, and started burping and farting. Then, I broke into a cold-sweat, and started aching all over my body. My energy dissipated, and I considered going back to bed. My wife woke up and I told her how I suddenly felt terrible, and she asked me if I wanted her to call an ambulance. I told her to instead see if our Family Practitioner could fit me in (a possible heart attack didn't come to my mind at that time). We went to see Dr. David Smith, and he recommended we take me to an ER to get checked out (he told us we could probably drive me to the hospital faster than waiting for an ambulance to come to his clinic).

We chose West Florida Hospital--No way am I ever going back to Sacred Heart after spending 10 days in that place in December of 2008. The ER waiting room at WFH was empty, and they took me right in. They did an EKG and took a blood test, and then came in and told me I had experienced a heart attack, and that it was actually still underway. A cardiologist, Dr. Micheleanne Celigoj, came down to see me, and orderd I be immediately admitted and taken to their Cath Lab. They entered an artery in my groin and took a look at my heart, and found that the right-hand main coronary artery to my heart was 99.9% blocked. She did a balloon angioplasty on that artery and inserted a stent, and then kept me overnight. They told me they were going to keep me for 72 hours, but then Dr. Celigoj came to see me this morning, and said I could be released this afternoon.

So, I got home about an hour ago; just in time to have a late Thanksgiving Dinner.

So, I guess I need to ad cardiac issues to the other health issues I have (the ones I haven't really talked about here-but I thought I would share this incident with you).

I feel good. One thing I noticed right away, I am not so cold in the house, it seems (I am always cold--been that way for several years).

And West Florida is a first rate hospital. Professionals all. I will never, ever, allow anyone in my family to be admitted to Sacred Heart--the differences between the institutions are vast.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Another thing for me to be thankful for. I am so glad you are still with us. Your first is often your last....Thank God.

Sal

Sal

Stay healthy, Z.

You're one of the good guys.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Oh Z-man..

I'm so sorry you had problems but thankful you sought care asap. Please take care.

Vikingwoman

Shiiite Z! You're only 62. When my ex -husband had a heart attack he fell to his knees in agonizing pain. He blew out a portion of his heart from blood clots and still lived.

dumpcare

Get well Z, know you must have been scared. I bet they told you to quit eating chocolate or to at least eat dark chocolate in moderation.

KarlRove

KarlRove

take care LT and get better soon

KarlRove

KarlRove

Vikingwoman wrote:Shiiite Z! You're only 62. When my ex -husband had a heart attack he fell to his knees in agonizing pain. He blew out a portion of his heart from blood clots and still lived.

U probably caused it

Telstar

Telstar

A warning. Glad you're okay.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Wow, that is scarey! I cannot believe you went through all that and you'really already home, eating your Thanksgiving meal. Glad things turned out well for you.

I'm glad you're home and doing better... scary stuff.

knothead

knothead

Congratulations Z man on surviving the attack. I had a similar experience several years ago and also had 99% blockage on the D1 artery on the front of my heart. My good friend and cardiologist, Ed Rogers, placed a stent and the improvement was almost immediate. Last weekend I am proud to say I ran in the Seville quarter Wild Turkey Trot which is a 5K event. I placed 2nd in my age group so I am now healthy and so grateful for so much.

My only advice is to heed this warning and take care of business my friend!

nadalfan

Wow, how scary! Glad you're ok. A lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

2seaoat

Thank you for sharing the information. Too many people blow off the signs of a heart attack and do not make it. I have friends who have done extremely will since their heart attacks and lived many long and productive years. Hopefully, the doctors will chart a course for full recovery. There is a great difference between quality medical care and inferior medical care, and I am happy you got timely quality care. Enjoy your thanksgiving weekend, there is much to be thankful.

I Experienced a Heart Attack Yesterday A.M. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB_l6wXFq9YCkoKiRcQfIlcq-JgV018J60MMX3b_bJoV0N-1nO

Good luck and hope you holiday's go better than they started out.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWoGCdXT07g

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Man what a Thanksgiving experience. Sure glad it turned out good for you.
This getting old shit is not for sissies.

I Experienced a Heart Attack Yesterday A.M. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIVC19dRUP_Ww8xzkpddGgt4GQs2zJUON30nx8M8xSBvXtTLxPJw

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKQbg19VvY8

Smile

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I’d like to thank all of you for your good wishes. I feel great, and I have a follow-up with Dr. Celigoj on December 8th. She was the cardiologist on call at WFH on Wednesday, and she wasted no time in getting into the OR for my procedure. Apparently, the type of procedure done on me is one of her specialties. I am thankful to have her as one of my doctors now.

But, I feel really good. One of the things I noticed immediately—I mentioned this in my original post on page 1 of this thread—I am no longer perpetually cold. Before I had my procedure, I could not stay warm enough. For the last 5-6 years, I have always worn a sweater indoors, and my hands were always unbearably cold. I put my sweater on this morning, as usual, but after a couple of hours, I took it off. I am thinking that perhaps removing that blockage greatly improved my circulation. I am just wondering what other benefits I will realize from having been through this.

My hat goes off to the staff at WFH who cared for me. I was only there for a short time, but could not help but notice the professionals who were working on Thursday while everybody else had the day off. I had friendly conversations with several of them. A couple of them wanted to meet me when they found out I had served in the Marines. A PA in the ER was a helicopter pilot who flew CH-46s in Vietnam, and a nurse on my floor was a USMC Air Defense Control Officer in the 1980s.

And you are right, I certainly have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Yella

Yella

I just now tuned in. Consider yourself blessed, many heart attack victims never wake up. Thank the Good Lord you are still with us. Do what your cardiologist advises and you will likely become and old geezer like me.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

knothead

knothead

Yella wrote:I just now tuned in.  Consider yourself blessed, many heart attack victims never wake up. Thank the Good Lord you are still with us. Do what your cardiologist advises and you will likely become and old geezer like me.

And me yella . . . . I agree completely!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I’d like to thank all of you for your good wishes. I feel great, and I have a follow-up with Dr. Celigoj on December 8th. She was the cardiologist on call at WFH on Wednesday, and she wasted no time in getting into the OR for my procedure. Apparently, the type of procedure done on me is one of her specialties. I am thankful to have her as one of my doctors now.

But, I feel really good. One of the things I noticed immediately—I mentioned this in my original post on page 1 of this thread—I am no longer perpetually cold. Before I had my procedure, I could not stay warm enough. For the last 5-6 years, I have always worn a sweater indoors, and my hands were always unbearably cold. I put my sweater on this morning, as usual, but after a couple of hours, I took it off. I am thinking that perhaps removing that blockage greatly improved my circulation. I am just wondering what other benefits I will realize from having been through this.

My hat goes off to the staff at WFH who cared for me. I was only there for a short time, but could not help but notice the professionals who were working on Thursday while everybody else had the day off. I had friendly conversations with several of them. A couple of them wanted to meet me when they found out I had served in the Marines. A PA in the ER was a helicopter pilot who flew CH-46s in Vietnam, and a nurse on my floor was a USMC Air Defense Control Officer in the 1980s.

And you are right, I certainly have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!
Your attack sounds more like a panic attack brought on by gastric distress or lactic acid and them finding the blockage incidental...I am not a doctor and I don't play one on TV....

2seaoat

Your attack sounds more like a panic attack brought on by gastric distress or lactic acid and them finding the blockage incidental...I am not a doctor and I don't play one on TV....

Duh, double duh.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:Your attack sounds more like a panic attack brought on by gastric distress or lactic acid and them finding the blockage incidental...I am not a doctor and I don't play one on TV....

Duh, double duh.
I had one and that's what it was.....KMA.

2seaoat

Do you think the EKG and blood test would lie, or do you think because I have an asz hole, I am a proctologist? Duh, double duh.......

Cardiac enzyme studies measure the levels of enzymes and proteins that are linked with injury of the heart muscle. These include the enzyme creatine kinase (CK), and the proteins troponin I (TnI) and troponin T (TnT). I know this because after shoveling snow I went to give blood for my labs and they asked me to immediately go to an emergency room where the ekg showed no heart attack or blockage. Do you suppose when a doctor says you have had a heart attack they look at objective indicators, or do you suppose they wing it like you do.........?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Listen piss ant I had the same symptoms minus the cold nature. I had a full battery of tests many years ago and a  long run on the treadmill, blood tests and 3 days in the hospital. I had a sliding Hiatal hernia pressing on my heart. He was feeling chilled for 5 years now it's gone. The splint fixed that immediately hence his problem may have existed up to 5 years ago logically. The heart can adapt to blocked blood supply and function almost normally. Children can have half their brain cut out and adapt and function almost normally.

You must still be upset over looking like an ass on the man with the oxygen bottle story....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum