Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amnesty will cost US taxpayers 2 trillion

+5
boards of FL
Floridatexan
Vikingwoman
2seaoat
KarlRove
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

KarlRove

KarlRove

The president's immigration amnesty will cost $2 trillion - about $40 billion a year - over the next 50 years, the Heritage Foundation projects.

The total equates to a $22,000 tax on every American who has a four-year college degree, 30 cents extra for every gallon of gas, or $10 a month tacked onto every cell phone bill.

More from The Daily Caller:

The $2 trillion cost is driven by the federal government’s support for all poor people, says Robert Rector, a budget analyst at the Heritage Foundation. Rector explained that, on average, the illegal immigrants benefiting from the amnesty have a 10th grade education.

That low education ensures they can’t earn enough money, or pay enough taxes, to pay for the many benefits they’ll get if they progress from temporary residents to legal residents and then to citizens, Rector said.

These various benefits add up to roughly $50,000 a year for each household, but those households can and do pay only about $13,000 a year in federal taxes, leaving a gap of roughly $40,000 between payments and benefits, Rector said.

That gap is effectively filled by payments from intact, college-education households which normally pay $30,000 more in taxes than they receive in benefits. “It takes all of the net taxes paid by one college-educated family [household] to pay for one of these immigrant households,” he said.

Rector draws his estimate from a May 2013 analysis he completed for Heritage, which predicted a $6.3 trillion, 50-year cost if all 12 million illegals in the country were granted amnesty.

Currently, government spends roughly $50 billion a year supporting the children and families of illegal immigrants. Much of that costs consists of free schooling and medical care for the U.S.-born kids of illegals.

Obama’s plan will expand the spending, for example, by providing tax benefits, including Earned Income Tax Credit.

Stuart Varney sat down with Bill Hemmer this morning to explain the new statistics, saying the figures are based on 4 million undocumented immigrants eventually getting green cards.

"You cannot have an open border immigration policy if you've got a welfare state. If you invite people across the border and give them all the goodies as soon as they arrive, you're encouraging more people to arrive and it becomes extremely expensive. And that cuts down on the approval for immigration," said Varney.

Watch the discussion above.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/11/24/heritage-foundation-obamas-immigration-amnesty-will-cost-american-taxpayers-2-trillion

2seaoat

A completely different conclusion based on real numbers from the Reagan amnesty plan.

http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/sites/default/files/docs/Economic_Progress_via_Legalization_-_Paral_110509.pdf

Vikingwoman

Reagan also gave amnesty to millions of illegal aliens in 1986. How much did it cost the government then?

KarlRove

KarlRove

Vikingwoman wrote:Reagan also gave amnesty to millions of illegal aliens in 1986. How much did it cost the government then?

....not as much as now that's for sure.

.... you liberals love to spend.

Vikingwoman wrote:Reagan also gave amnesty to millions of illegal aliens in 1986. How much did it cost the government then?

Note the legislative process.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_Reform_and_Control_Act_of_1986

KarlRove

KarlRove

Don't confuse liberals with facts.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Amnesty will cost US taxpayers 2 trillion 3a

And obama has doubled the debt... what's your point?

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:And obama has doubled the debt... what's your point?

Obama inherited a government with a budget deficit of over $1 trillion. We have seen the deficit improve significantly from that point. Not since WWII have we seen more rapid deficit reduction. You understand this, right?

Seeing someone throw out a comment like "Obama doubled the debt!" is like seeing someone say "The fire department covered my house in water!"

Yes. Yes they did.

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:

So you don't mind he gave amnesty? You just object to the executive order,right?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:

We spend on trying to make people's lives better.

You bastards spend ten times as much to oppress some black or brown people overseas, in hopes of stealing their resources or exploiting their labor.

I don't fear any Latino who comes here to better his life and that of his family. They're good people who work hard for damned little most of the time.

But I do understand your fear. Tell me, just how are you going to handle them in 2016 and beyond when the legitimate Latino population will represent 20% of the national vote?

I love watching you and the party of no wither and die. LOL!

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:A completely different conclusion based on real numbers from the Reagan amnesty plan.

http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/sites/default/files/docs/Economic_Progress_via_Legalization_-_Paral_110509.pdf

As you know well, what was done by one of the greatest presidents in history, President Ronald Reagan was no where close to what was just done by the most divisive, semi-retired President in modern history Barack Hussein Obama.

But, as usual, FACTS do not matter to Progressives.

KarlRove

KarlRove

boards of FL wrote:

Obama inherited a government with a budget deficit of over $1 trillion. We have seen the deficit improve significantly from that point. Not since WWII have we seen more rapid deficit reduction. You understand this, right?

Seeing someone throw out a comment like "Obama doubled the debt!" is like seeing someone say "The fire department covered my house in water!"

Yes. Yes they did.

No, he DOUBLED the national debt and only started reducing the yearly deficit with his TAX TAX TAX agenda.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Wordslinger wrote:
KarlRove wrote:

You bastards spend ten times as much to oppress some black or brown people overseas, in hopes of stealing their resources or exploiting their labor.

I don't fear any Latino who comes here to better his life and that of his family. They're good people who work hard for damned little most of the time.

But I do understand your fear. Tell me, just how are you going to handle them in 2016 and beyond when the legitimate Latino population will represent 20% of the national vote?

I love watching you and the party of no wither and die. LOL!

See, you aren't for balancing the budget and fixing the economy. For you and your ilk, it is about spending more and more.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Vikingwoman wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

So you don't mind he gave amnesty? You just object to the executive order,right?

We object because like the Great Society programs of LBJ, you are trying to hoodwink Latinos.

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Obama inherited a government with a budget deficit of over $1 trillion.  We have seen the deficit improve significantly from that point.  Not since WWII have we seen more rapid deficit reduction.  You understand this, right?

Yes.  Yes they did.

No, he DOUBLED the national debt and only started reducing the yearly deficit with his TAX TAX TAX agenda.

Do you actually understand the relationship between annual deficits and running total debt? Your response suggests that you do not.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah there's a lot of confusion about that....

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Yeah there's a lot of confusion about that....

You say this jokingly, but read the posts.  Do you honestly feel that someone like a PkrBum or a Karl Rove (hell, yourself?) really understand the relationship between deficits and running debt totals?  Neither is capable of communicating anything beyond "Liberals suck!!!!" or "Bad ideas fail, comrade".  That's it.  That is the sum total of their contribution in these sorts of dialogues.

Perhaps you're different?

Here, TEOTWAWKI.  I made a picture for you.  I even color coded it.  

Amnesty will cost US taxpayers 2 trillion Tkvbt7C

See how the deficit goes to shit during the red years?  See how it improves during the blue years?  Each individual year influences running debt.  Which years would you say move us in the right direction and which years would you say move us in the wrong direction?   Red?  Blue?

Let's say you're watching a baseball game and there are three pitchers:  A, B, and C.

A begins and pitches 5 innings.  The score is 0-0 when pitcher A exits the game.

B takes over for A and pitches 3 innings.  The score is 0-8 when pitcher B exits the game.

C takes over for B and pitches the final inning.  The score is 0-8 when pitcher B exits the game.

Who lost that game?  I can tell you that a PkrBum or a Karl Rove would say that C lost the game.  Nevermind the fact that he allowed 0 hits.  Never mind that he inherited a 8 point deficit.  He pitched the final inning and the team lost so it is therefore C's fault.

You're smarter than that, right, TEOTWAWKI?  You understand that the fault here lies with B, right?  Imagine if you were watching two people argue over who lost this game, and imagine if someone said "C lost.  End of discussion." what would you think about that person and their understanding of baseball?

Sal

Sal

"FUZZY MATH!!!, ..."

"PRINTING MONEYZ!!!! ..."

"QWANYTATIV EAZING!!!!! ..."

"FEDRUL REZERVENGAHZI!!!!! ..."

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Republicans are the party of war and its associated expenses. Reagan ended the Cold War by out spending the Soviet Union.  Democrats build their political house on welfare.  They both are anathema to a healthy economy. So what I did was give up on both.  What's my alternative ?

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote: What's my alternative ?

Alex Jones?

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Republicans are the party of war and its associated expenses. Reagan ended the Cold War by out spending the Soviet Union.  Democrats build their political house on welfare.  They both are anathema to a healthy economy. So what I did was give up on both.  What's my alternative ?

But let's pretend for a second that you are a one-issue voter, and the sole issue you care about is the deficit and debt. Here is the picture again:

Amnesty will cost US taxpayers 2 trillion Tkvbt7C

It's fairly obvious who you should be voting for, right?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
KarlRove wrote:

I don't fear any Latino who comes here to better his life and that of his family.  They're good people who work hard for damned little most of the time.

But I do understand your fear.  Tell me, just how are you going to handle them in 2016 and beyond when the legitimate Latino population will represent 20% of the national vote?  

I love watching you and the party of no wither and die.  LOL!

See, you aren't for balancing the budget and fixing the economy. For you and your ilk, it is about spending more and more.

Your team under Dubya didn't give a damn about increasing the deficit, and the rest of the republican party avoided the issue completely until
America's first black president was elected.

Reality.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by boards of FL Today at 3:47 pm
KarlRove wrote:

boards of FL wrote:

PkrBum wrote:

And obama has doubled the debt... what's your point?

Yes. Yes they did.

Do you actually understand the relationship between annual deficits and running total debt? Your response suggests that you do not.
---
Twerp.....your boy exceeds his budget every year. That is a deficit. His cumulative actions of exceeding his budget each year adds to the national DEBT. I clearly understand .... Do you?

Vikingwoman

KarlRove wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

So you don't mind he gave amnesty? You just object to the  executive order,right?

We object because like the Great Society programs of LBJ, you are trying to hoodwink Latinos.

So now you're trying to say Obama gave amnesty to just Latinos? You didn't answer the question? Do you object to the amnesty or executive order, PD?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum