Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No bad news

+4
knothead
Joanimaroni
Telstar
2seaoat
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No bad news Empty No bad news 11/24/2014, 7:30 pm

2seaoat

Got the news from the docs on the most recent scans after the third radio embolization surgery. The five inch tumor was stable and there was shrinkage on the smaller tumors and lesions. No additional proof of any longer mortality, but certain improvements in flushing and diarrhea. Admission by the doc that there was spillage of radiation into the remaining lower left lob which caused the first pneumonia and the second, but agrees the nebulizer and steroids will help heal the damaged tissue and that my breathing should reach the normal range in about a month. He expects the kick asz lack of energy since the surgery to continue for about a month until the necrosis process from the radiation slows down on the surface of the liver. Still concerned about liver functions and we are waiting for those results and will get a call. Almost two months of three surgeries, being poked and prodded, and increased pain level, and all this does not give me one more day on this earth but simply improves the quality of my time.......he flat out has told me that the rarity of the cancer and the treatment numbers at Northwestern do not allow them to assign a mortality factor to radio embolization but they are hopeful.....so am I because I am sick and tired of the process. I am thankful that I will be able to enjoy my family this thanksgiving, and they will probably be elevating my pain pills to oxi.......but I continue this journey bright eyed and bushy tailed, thankful that my two newfound favorite teams will win this weekend....go lions and go FSU.

2No bad news Empty Re: No bad news 11/24/2014, 8:13 pm

Telstar

Telstar

One day at a time.

3No bad news Empty Re: No bad news 11/24/2014, 8:19 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Got the news from the docs on the most recent scans after the third radio embolization surgery.  The five inch tumor was stable and there was shrinkage on the smaller tumors and lesions.   No additional proof of any longer mortality, but certain improvements in flushing and diarrhea.  Admission by the doc that there was spillage of radiation into the remaining lower left lob which caused the first pneumonia and the second, but agrees the nebulizer and steroids will help heal the damaged tissue and that my breathing should reach the normal range in about a month.  He expects the kick asz lack of energy since the surgery to continue for about a month until the necrosis process from the radiation slows down on the surface of the liver.  Still concerned about liver functions and we are waiting for those results and will get a call.   Almost two months of three surgeries, being poked and prodded, and increased pain level, and all this does not give me one more day on this earth but simply improves the quality of my time.......he flat out has told me that the rarity of the cancer and the treatment numbers at Northwestern do not allow them to assign a mortality factor to radio embolization but they are hopeful.....so am I because I am sick and tired of the process.  I am thankful that I will be able to enjoy my family this thanksgiving, and they will probably be elevating my pain pills to oxi.......but I continue this journey bright eyed and bushy tailed, thankful that my two newfound favorite teams will win this weekend....go lions and go FSU.

Damn you Seaoat! Evil or Very Mad

4No bad news Empty Re: No bad news 11/24/2014, 9:20 pm

knothead

knothead

You're a good man Mr. Oats, here is hoping that you have more quality time left than you expect. Enjoy all around you as I know you do!!! I am so pulling for you.

5No bad news Empty Re: No bad news 11/24/2014, 9:50 pm

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Glad that there is no bad news.

6No bad news Empty Re: No bad news 11/24/2014, 11:32 pm

Sal

Sal

No bad news is good news.

Cheers, Mr. Oats.

7No bad news Empty Re: No bad news 11/24/2014, 11:47 pm

Vikingwoman

I will say this again Seaoat...you are an inspiration and a courageous man.

8No bad news Empty Re: No bad news 11/25/2014, 1:09 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Vikingwoman wrote:I will say this again Seaoat...you are an inspiration and a courageous man.

I will second that notion!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum