Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For about the last week, I've been having the worst pain I ever felt in my life. FWIW here's what ended the pain.

+2
Hospital Bob
Sal
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm posting this only because it might help someone else with pain.

Starting about a month ago I began to have a toothache. The pain got worse so I went to my dentist last Thursday.
He decided I need a root canal so he made me an appointment with an endodontist which I went to on Monday. The endodontist scheduled my root canal for next Monday.

The dentist gave me a prescription for HYDROCODONE (7.5 -325)
And the endodontist renewed the HYDROCODONE and prescribed an additional antiobiotic (AMOXICILLIN 500 MG).

I started taking the HYDROCODONE one pill at a time. Even with that one pill, the pain kept getting worse. So I doubled up and started taking two pills every 6 hours. The pain did not let up. So I added a 350 mg Tylenol tablet to the two Hydrocodeon tabs. And then on Monday I also began taking the antibiotic.

Even with that, when I woke up yesterday morning I was hurting so bad that I came close to going to the ER to get some relief. But then kept toughing it out until I could go back to the endodontist this morning to get something stronger.

Then at about 8 PM last night I found a bottle of Ibuprofen tabs (200 mg). I said "what the hell, if all this stuff kills me at least I won't be in pain any longer so it will be worth it". So I took two of those along with the Hydrocodone.

By about a half hour later, ALL the pain utterly disappeared. And I slept good.

When I woke up this morning at 4:30, the pain had started to come back.
This time I took one Hydrocodone and two more of the Ibuprofen.
Once again, about a half hour later the pain totally disappeared and it's now almost 4 hours later and the pain is still gone.

I don't know if it's due to the combination of the two drugs OR if it's the Ibuprofen alone that's doing it. The next time I need the pills I may first try the Ibuprofen by itself to see what happens.
But in any case, the pain went from unbearable to totally gone.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Did the dental xrays show a puss sack ? Root canals are very dangerous to your heart.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/11/16/why-you-should-avoid-root-canals-like-the-plague.aspx

Sal

Sal

You know what prevents these problems?

Fluoride.

lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah the Nazis used fluoride to keep their prisoners docile...

It is an amazing med. I had to stop it a week before my neck surgery and I had pain meds w tylenol.

The ibuprofen is better than any oxi or whatever. I also couldn't take it after surg because it's an anti-inflammatory... and part of my healing was for the vertebra to fuse... which is an inflammatory process. I've missed it.

Btw... I find out next week if I'll ever be able to play tennis again... or run on any hard surface I assume.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well I'll be a monkey's nephew...

Mayo Clinic: Hydrocodone and ibuprofen combination is used to relieve acute pain.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/hydrocodone-and-ibuprofen-oral-route/description/drg-20062862

p.s. sincerely hope you'll be able to go back to playing tennis again, Pkr.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Pkr, is right. Anti-inflammatories control the pain of an inflamed nerve. Pain medication blocks the pathways of your brain's pain receptors.

Try taking an aspirin and let it dissolved on your tooth.

Good luck, forthwith and Godspeed...wharever the hell that means.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:

I don't know what it means either but it got John Glenn to the Moon and back so I'm all for it. lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I don't know what it means either but it got John Glenn to the Moon and back so I'm all for it.  lol

I hear it on Bluebloods.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

forthwith=immediately
godspeed=successful journey

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

TEOTWAWKI wrote:forthwith=immediately
godspeed=successful journey

I love to hear Tom Selleck and Donnie Wahlberg say it.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

I had surgery today. I was prescribed Hydrocodone-Ibuprofen 7.5-200.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

QueenOfHearts wrote:I had surgery today.  I was prescribed Hydrocodone-Ibuprofen 7.5-200.

Hope you are OK.

Joanimaroni wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:I had surgery today.  I was prescribed Hydrocodone-Ibuprofen 7.5-200.

Hope you are OK.

Me too... rest easy.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

PkrBum wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Hope you are OK.

Me too... rest easy.

Thanks, I am fine. It was a hysterectomy using the Da Vinci. From pre-op to discharge in less than 8 hours!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

QueenOfHearts wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Hope you are OK.

Me too... rest easy.

Thanks, I am fine.  It was a hysterectomy using the Da Vinci.  From pre-op to discharge in less than 8 hours!

And back home?

Shocked Good golly! It may be a robot doing the surgery but it's still a human body that has to heal. I thought going home in 36 hours was too early.

Hope you heal well and feel better.

2seaoat

Pkr, is right. Anti-inflammatories control the pain of an inflamed nerve. Pain medication blocks the pathways of your brain's pain receptors.

Total agreement.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Joanimaroni wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Hope you are OK.

Me too... rest easy.

Thanks, I am fine.  It was a hysterectomy using the Da Vinci.  From pre-op to discharge in less than 8 hours!

And back home?

Yes, with very little restrictions. There is so much less trauma to the body when they use the Da Vinci.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Take it easy.....wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum