Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OMG! Look lefties, its global warming. call al gore lmao

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OMG! Look lefties, its global warming. call al gore lmao Frozen-polar-vortex-AP

Hawaii’s dormant volcano, Mauna Kea, experienced 30 F to 32 F temperatures.

In New York, western parts of the state had four feet of snow — and three towns near Buffalo had to declare states of emergency.

Northern Florida is bracing for record-smashing low temperatures expected to drop below 20 degrees F near the state’s capital.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/11/18/all-50-states-hit-freezing-or-below/

feets and feets of snow..................................

ICE AGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

Sal

Sal

Weather?? ....

.... Climate?? ....

.... Science, ....

.... how does that work?

lol! lol! lol!

Sal wrote:Weather?? ....

.... Climate?? ....

.... Science, ....

.... how does that work?

lol! lol! lol!

It works fine. Unfortunately for the left you're too stupid to understand the history of climate change and earths patterns.

watch it, tampa may fall into the gulf Surprised

LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.spring.org.uk/2012/06/the-dunning-kruger-effect-why-the-incompetent-dont-know-theyre-incompetent.php

The Dunning-Kruger Effect: Why The Incompetent Don’t Know They’re Incompetent

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

The quote above comes from the philosopher Bertrand Russell.

Psychological research has now shown he was right.

The Dunning-Kruger effect is the finding that the poorest performers are the least aware of their own incompetence.

The effect has been:

“…replicated among undergraduates completing a classroom exam (Dunning, Johnson, Ehrlinger, & Kruger, 2003), medical students assessing their interviewing skills (Hodges, Regehr, & Martin, 2001) clerks evaluating their performance (Edwards, Kellner, Sistrom, & Magyari, 2003), and medical lab technicians evaluating their on-the-job expertise (Haun, Zeringue, Leach, & Foley, 2000).” (From Ehrlinger et al., 2008)

The reason seems to be that poor performers fail to learn from their mistakes.

The proposed solution is that the incompetent should be directly told they are incompetent.

Unfortunately the problem is that incompetent people have probably been getting this type of feedback for years and failed to take much notice.

Despite failing exams, messing up at work and irritating other people, the incompetent still don’t believe they’re incompetent.

As Socrates once said:

“The only true wisdom is to know that you know nothing.”

But even this can go too far.

It turns out that people with real talent tend to underestimate just how good they are.

The root of this bias is that clever people tend to assume other people find things as easy as they do, when actually this is their talent shining through.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

It appears to me that quote would apply to BOTH those who are certain of manmade climate change AND those who are certain there is no manmade climate change. lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

It appears to me that quote would apply to BOTH those who are certain of manmade climate change AND those who are certain there is no manmade climate change.  lol

I don't think there's any question that there are forces over which we have no control whatsoever. That said, your comment reduces the argument to another episode of fence-sitting...either we have a serious problem or we don't. In your estimation, which is it? Do we, or don't we, have a serious problem with climate change? Or, alternatively, do we have a problem with pollution? And, do you think pollution influences climate?

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

It appears to me that quote would apply to BOTH those who are certain of manmade climate change AND those who are certain there is no manmade climate change.  lol

Except science.

Accept science.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I don't think there's any question that there are forces over which we have no control whatsoever.  That said, your comment reduces the argument to another episode of fence-sitting...either we have a serious problem or we don't.  In your estimation, which is it?  Do we, or don't we, have a serious problem with climate change?  Or, alternatively, do we have a problem with pollution?  And, do you think pollution influences climate?  

Why am I being asked this question instead of Bertrand Russell?
You're the one who quoted him, not me.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:  In your estimation, which is it?  Do we, or don't we, have a serious problem with climate change?  Or, alternatively, do we have a problem with pollution?  And, do you think pollution influences climate?  

I am absolutely positively convinced that we've polluted our water.
All I have to do is look at the water in Bayou Texar or Pensacola Bay and compare it to what the water was like years ago when I used to swim in the bayou.

Since I have to rely on others for an opinion on climate change, I'm not as certain. That's because I've been told so much bullshit by so many people that I've learned to be skeptical about what I'm told.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bert wants you dead..

In his book, The Impact Of Science On Society, written in 1952, Bertrand Russell wrote, “At present the population of the world is increasing at about 58,000 per diem. War, so far, has had no very great effect on this increase, which continued throughout each of the world wars … War … has hitherto been disappointing in this respect … but perhaps bacteriological war may prove more effective. If a Black Death could spread throughout the world once in every generation, survivors could procreate freely without making the world too full … The state of affairs might be somewhat unpleasant, but what of it?”

Russell is expressing a view, long held by many who might be considered “oligarchs”, and who, for many generations, have held themselves to be superior to the vast majority of the population of this planet.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Climate change always has been and always will be. There's some science for ya.

Is it man made? I say bullshit! Humans are just going to be a blip on the radar of time in this planets history.

Those that think they can spend their way out of it are liberals. See how that works? LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum