Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it Ethical for the Mainstream Media to Ignore Gruber Admitting Democrats are Stupid?

+2
TEOTWAWKI
boards of FL
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should the leftist media be forced to report news neutrally?

Is it Ethical for the Mainstream Media to Ignore Gruber Admitting Democrats are Stupid? I_vote_lcap33%Is it Ethical for the Mainstream Media to Ignore Gruber Admitting Democrats are Stupid? I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Is it Ethical for the Mainstream Media to Ignore Gruber Admitting Democrats are Stupid? I_vote_lcap50%Is it Ethical for the Mainstream Media to Ignore Gruber Admitting Democrats are Stupid? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 3 ]
Is it Ethical for the Mainstream Media to Ignore Gruber Admitting Democrats are Stupid? I_vote_lcap17%Is it Ethical for the Mainstream Media to Ignore Gruber Admitting Democrats are Stupid? I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Does the public have a right to know the inside strategy?

boards of FL

boards of FL

I watched CBS news last night. They covered this extensively.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Say Boards I appreciated your little illustration of Net Neutrality on the other thread but it still isn't clear to me whether you are for or against FCC control of ISPs.....I mean it's either the ISPs getting the bribe you spoke of or the government ...so which are you for ? It's not something that is on my top ten list but I would like to know your position on it....

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Say Boards I appreciated your little illustration of Net Neutrality on the other thread but it still isn't clear to me whether you are for or against FCC control of ISPs.....I mean it's either the ISPs getting the bribe you spoke of or the government ...so which are you for ? It's not something that is on my top ten list but I would like to know your position on it....

I actually think there needs to be rules to the road. Comcast was already caught manipulating access and speed. But also think there are different levels of service that have different values. What I don't want is a few large corps married to govt.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Say Boards I appreciated your little illustration of Net Neutrality on the other thread but it still isn't clear to me whether you are for or against FCC control of ISPs.....I mean it's either the ISPs getting the bribe you spoke of or the government ...so which are you for ? It's not something that is on my top ten list but I would like to know your position on it....

I actually think there needs to be rules to the road. Comcast was already caught manipulating access and speed. But also think there are different levels of service that have different values. What I don't want is a few large corps married to govt.

Thanks Pkr I mean there are rules to most every form of traffic, why not net traffic....It's just that we all know  the government can f up anything beyond repair...

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 11/14/2014, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL wrote:I watched CBS news last night. They covered this extensively.

Three days later... and still nothing on abc or nbc... or the plethora of leftist propaganda sites and sources.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sorry about hijacking your thread.....most folks like the government to function without them constantly having to watch over it and have a speed dial to their representatives...unfortunately we find ourselves not only kept in the dark but blatantly disrespected by our leaders.....you would think they were f'in royalty or something...

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Sorry about hijacking your thread.....most folks like the government to function without them constantly having to watch over it and have a speed dial to their representatives...unfortunately we find ourselves not only kept in the dark but blatantly disrespected by our leaders.....you would think they were f'in royalty or something...

No worries... and I agree. The idea of a fair and unbiased arbiter is long gone. The govt has vested interests in outcomes.

That's the root of the corruption.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Three days later... and still nothing on abc or nbc... or the plethora of leftist propaganda sites and sources.

I just visited a couple of "leftist propaganda sites" that I do not normally frequent, just to see if what you say is true.

Predictably, it is not ....

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/11/13/3591850/jonathan-gruber-lying-obamacare/

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/11/14/1344881/-What-s-worse-Calling-American-voters-stupid-or-giving-millions-access-to-health-nbsp-care

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/11/13/1344778/-Dear-Republicans-Spare-Me-Your-Fake-Outrage-Over-Gruber-Your-Lies-About-ObamaCare-Are-Much-Worse

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/11/13/1344734/-Republicans-ginning-up-Benghazi-like-outrage-over-Gruber-nbsp-gaffe

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/11/13/1344623/-How-Jonathon-Gruber-and-Republicans-using-him-get-Obamacare-history-all-nbsp-wrong

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/11/12/1344439/-News-Flash-Sometimes-academics-can-seem-arrogant

Certainly, these pieces have a different perspective on this story than yours, because they are leftist.

But, clearly they are covering the story.

I'm sure the same is true for CBS and NBC.

All of the political websites I frequent, leftist or not, are fully covering this story.

On Tuesday or Wednesday, I heard a 10 minute segment covering this story on NPR.

Those are just apologist talkingpoint pieces... telling the useful idiots what to think. No outrage... no critical thght.

Effective on the stupid however... you are a perfect example as that has been your exact position since the story broke.

Npr's puff piece focused on the gruber apology.

Last edited by PkrBum on 11/14/2014, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I watched CBS news last night.  They covered this extensively.

That's because a video recording of one guy talking about a policy doesn't change the fact that the policy has had a positive impact on the country.

I could go find a video of a quack - who acknowledges the consensus that exists in climate change - saying something completely off the wall and that would do absolutely nothing to discount the mountains of data and evidence that support climate change.

GOP 2016! Nothing to offer in the way of policy! Absolutely nothing to show in the way of success in the last 15 years! Plenty of failure! But watch this candid video! GOP 2016!

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I watched CBS news last night.  They covered this extensively.

That's because a video recording of one guy talking about a policy doesn't change the fact that the policy has had a positive impact on the country.

Shouldn't you source your positions?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/11/14/1344881/-What-s-worse-Calling-American-voters-stupid-or-giving-millions-access-to-health-nbsp-care

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Okay boards, so we must have net Neutrality to stem global warming...thanks for clarifying that...

2seaoat

The govt has vested interests in outcomes.

What is this statement suppose to mean? Is the government to become non vested in issues? Please give an example of any issue under any government where government did not have a vested interest. A nihilist believes in nothing and says nothing. Under a democracy the people are the government and they most certainly have a vested interest in outcomes.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Those are just apologist talkingpoint pieces... telling the useful idiots what to think. No outrage... no critical thght.

Effective on the stupid however... you are a perfect example as that has been your exact position since the story broke.

The ACA is working very well and literally every Republican prediction about looming disaster has turned out to be dead wrong.

So instead of acknowledging that, the right has predictably decided what really matters is a moldy panel discussion in which an economist Americans haven’t heard of raised a legitimate policy point in a awkward and offensive way.

And, the useful idiots gobble it down with a spoon and whine about the leftist propaganda websites not covering the story the way they'd like.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:The govt has vested interests in outcomes.

What is this statement suppose to mean?  Is the government to become non vested in issues?   Please give an example of any issue under any government where government did not have a vested interest.  A nihilist believes in nothing and says nothing.  Under a democracy the people are the government and they most certainly have a vested interest in outcomes.

This ain't a democracy and surely not a republic....it's more of an Oligarchy as you have mentioned. So their having a vested interest does We the people no good and probably harm...Welcome to Mexico...

2seaoat

This is similar to Dennis Rodman putting on a wedding dress and acting stupid. It in no way diminishes the greatness of the team and championships they achieved.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:That's because a video recording of one guy talking about a policy doesn't change the fact that the policy has had a positive impact on the country.

This is similar to Dennis Rodman putting on a wedding dress and acting stupid.  It in no way diminishes the greatness of the team and championships they achieved.

So you are saying the end justifies the means...thought so...

As the premiums continue to climb with many special pets of the government exempted we shall see if it has a positive impact..

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Those are just apologist talkingpoint pieces... telling the useful idiots what to think. No outrage... no critical thght.

The ACA is working very well and literally every Republican prediction about looming disaster has turned out to be dead wrong.

So instead of acknowledging that, the right has predictably decided what really matters is a moldy panel discussion in which an economist Americans haven’t heard of raised a legitimate policy point in a awkward and offensive way.

And, the useful idiots gobble it down with a spoon and whine about the leftist propaganda websites not covering the story the way they'd like.

How would you have any idea as to the results or progress of obamacaid? You're too stupid to get full disclosure.

2seaoat

This ain't a democracy and surely not a republic....it's more of an Oligarchy as you have mentioned. So their having a vested interest does We the people no good and probably harm...Welcome to Mexico...

Low voter turnout and apathy would probably suggest that you are mostly right, but in its essence this country and our democratic principles are in tact. It may take running out of beer at halftime, to actually get people to get off the couch. We are reaching that point where people are getting off the couch. The largest battle to be fought so we do not descend into a Latin American Oligarchy lies ahead of us, and net neutrality is a shot over the bow of the Oligarchs that we the people of this country will remain in control of our destiny.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
How would you have any idea as to the results or progress of obamacaid?

I understand, math is hard.

And, data is magic.

2seaoat

So you are saying the end justifies the means...thought so...

What end and what means?......vague generalities and the absence of substance is no substitute for an intelligent conversation.

2seaoat

I find it a bit amusing the wording of the poll. This by a person who is concerned about government taking our civil liberties away, yet asks if government should FORCE news media to report a certain way. You really cannot make this chit up. It is as much fun as watching the Bulls beat the Raptors last night.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:So you are saying the end justifies the means...thought so...

What end and what means?......vague generalities and the absence of substance is no substitute for an intelligent conversation.

The end was passing Obamacare the means was deception...I figured even you could suss that out....

2seaoat

The end was passing Obamacare the means was deception...I figured even you could suss that out....

How were you deceived? High IQ voters were not deceived. What part were you confused about?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum