Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Church Goes to Court Over Sign

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Church Goes to Court Over Sign Empty Church Goes to Court Over Sign 8/30/2012, 9:11 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/vienna-church-says-fairfax-county-sign-rules-violate-first-amendment/2012/08/29/7e06d5f0-f1ee-11e1-adc6-87dfa8eff430_story.html

Crazy, crazy ordinances.

2seaoat

I have fought this battle. I need a text electronic sign which gives information to customers. No way Jose.........the sign ordinances have made this country so restrictive that is nearly impossible for a business to make a sign which does not have some pencil pushing bureaucrat telling you that it is ten inches too large, too close to the right of way, too high, improper lighting, or in some places, the colors are not consistent with what big brother wants. I am happy as can be with the Church fighting them on this one. The only way to take back this country from the local politburo is too file suit and fight.

I had a friend who wanted to put an addition on the back of his house....to get his permit....they told him he had to plant three trees in the right of way in front of his house....and they told what species of tree he had to plant.....We can talk all day about big bad Washington, but the worse abuses are local politicians who think they are big brother.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum