Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another liberal hypocrite-alison grimes family business doesnt pay a living wage

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kentucky Democratic Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes is denying she had any connection to her family’s business, Hugh Jass Burgers, when she was asked at a young professionals event in Louisville about its low wages.

“I’m not part of the family business,” she told a questioner at a breakfast meeting of the Young Professionals Association of Louisville Wednesday morning, according to an audio recording of the event.

Legal documents, however, show Grimes acted as the business’s attorney in 2010 and 2011, when she filed its articles of incorporation and defended it in a lawsuit.
Grimes came under scrutiny earlier in the week, when CNN and other media outlets reported that employees at the burger joint owned by her family make minimum wage, which for restaurant servers is $2.13 an hour before tips.

She has hammered her opponent, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), repeatedly on the campaign trail for not supporting Senate legislation to increase the regular minimum wage to $10.10 an hour and establish a substantially higher wage floor for tipped workers.

“You are consistently against helping people here in Kentucky actually earn a living wage,” she told him during a debate this month.

She was confronted about the discrepancy at Wednesday’s breakfast.

“I wanted to ask you, shouldn't you practice what you preach on that issue?” a young man who identified himself as Tyler asked Grimes. “And have you talked to your family, I know you've written the articles of incorporation and worked for that company, have you talked to your family about that, and can you pledge today that you guys will start paying a living wage?”

Grimes disputed any connection to the business and described her legal work for Hugh Jass Burgers as a pro-bono public service.

“There's been a lot of accusations thrown around. The one that you just posed, Tyler, [is] inaccurate. I'm not part of the family business. I took on, before I was in public service, clients that [couldn't] advocate for themselves. That's the oath you take as an attorney," she said.

Public documents show Grimes provided legal services for the restaurant at its launch and for more than a year afterward.

In June 2010, she filled out and filed with the Kentucky Secretary of State’s Office an application for the restaurant to conduct business in the state. In September of that year, she filed articles of organization for the business.

Grimes also defended Hugh Jass Burgers against a lawsuit by a former employee who slipped and fell. She filed a response to the claim with the Fayette County Circuit Court in December 2010.

She was mailed notices of service by the plaintiff’s attorney throughout 2011.

A spokeswoman for Grimes’s campaign did not respond to a request for comment.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/221543-was-grimes-involved-with-hugh-jass-burgers

Busted.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Why are you so focused on Kentucky, Buckwheat?

Oh, perhaps it is because she is giving Mitch McConnell a run for his money....

How is that Republican sweep of the Senate progressing?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Why are you so focused on Kentucky, Buckwheat?

Oh, perhaps it is because she is giving Mitch McConnell a run for his money....

How is that Republican sweep of the Senate progressing?

Maybe it's because the lady running is a hypocrite much like all Democrats.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum