Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

USA Today: Florida State gives way to 'Jameis State'

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Big game?  They're playing a team that gave up over 500 yards to the anemic offense of North Carolina last week....at home.  Notre Dame is awful.

FSU vs ND is about as inconsequential as it gets.  Neither team has any business being in the top 10.  FSU may get lucky and win out, though they will assuredly be destroyed in a 4 team playoff.

Really?

Quote me on this.

Rolling Eyes

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Big game?  They're playing a team that gave up over 500 yards to the anemic offense of North Carolina last week....at home.  Notre Dame is awful.

FSU vs ND is about as inconsequential as it gets.  Neither team has any business being in the top 10.  FSU may get lucky and win out, though they will assuredly be destroyed in a 4 team playoff.

Really?

Quote me on this.

Rolling Eyes

The playoffs haven't happened yet. I think FSU's performance against ND pretty much confirms what I said. They would likely be ranked 5th or 6th in the SEC west. This will all be much more obvious when we get to see them on the field against an opponent with real talent. That is of course assuming that they even make it out of their cakewalk schedule.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Really?

Quote me on this.

Rolling Eyes

The playoffs haven't happened yet.  I think FSU's performance against ND pretty much confirms what I said.  They would likely be ranked 5th or 6th in the SEC west.  This will all be much more obvious when we get to see them on the field against an opponent with real talent.  That is of course assuming that they even make it out of their cakewalk schedule.  

What you said was....
 "They're playing a team that gave up over 500 yards to the anemic offense of North Carolina last week....at home.  Notre Dame is awful."

Four of the ND starters were back in the game on Saturday. ND was not awful....and it was a big game.

FSU is not the same team as last year....we have 10 freshmen starters...still in the learning phase. Jameis had a tough time playing with our weak offensive line. Our team will get better.

Sal

Sal

I've been really unimpressed with ND all season.

I thought they looked a little bit better than expected against FSU, but they're not a very good team.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Really?

Quote me on this.

Rolling Eyes

The playoffs haven't happened yet.  I think FSU's performance against ND pretty much confirms what I said.  They would likely be ranked 5th or 6th in the SEC west.  This will all be much more obvious when we get to see them on the field against an opponent with real talent.  That is of course assuming that they even make it out of their cakewalk schedule.  

What you said was....
 "They're playing a team that gave up over 500 yards to the anemic offense of North Carolina last week....at home.  Notre Dame is awful."

Yes. A correct statement relative to the football that we're seeing played in the SEC west.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Really?

Quote me on this.

Rolling Eyes

What you said was....

Yes.  A correct statement relative to the football that we're seeing played in the SEC west.

LOL......twist it Boards.  You are still ignoring what you said about the FSU/ND game.  ND offense was far from being anemic and they certainly were not an awful team. Like I said and you denied....a big game for us.

Corey Robinson of ND will have an NFL future. Very impressive player.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Really?

Quote me on this.

Rolling Eyes

What you said was....

Yes.  A correct statement relative to the football that we're seeing played in the SEC west.

LOL......twist it Boards.  You are still ignoring what you said about the FSU/ND game.  ND offense was far from being anemic and they certainly were not an awful team. Like I said and you denied....a big game for us.

Corey Robinson of ND will have an NFL future. Very impressive player.

I'm not ignoring or twisting anything.  The game was inconsequential.  Neither ND nor FSU are in the same universe as the top 4 in the SEC west.  Neither ND nor FSU stand a chance in a 4 team playoff.  This was true before the game and my comment, and it is still true now.

2seaoat

Neither ND nor FSU stand a chance in a 4 team playoff.

agree

Disagree... Nd is overrated every year... and fsu is certainly not as good a last year... but fsu w jameis has a chance.

The kid is a winner on the field... not so much in life it would appear.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

In other news, I just read an article at BleacherReport.com which says UF athletic Director Jeremy Foley will likely hold off on firing head football coach Will Muschamp until after the Florida State game next month.

I guess the next big question would be who might replace him?

As far as FSU goes, the Thursday night game at Louisville next week will be awesomely big. If Louisville can't upset the 'Noles, perhaps Miami will when they play there. Following all of that, Will Muschamp might just save his job if he can deliver a miracle upset in Tallahassee on November 29th. It's been done before.... UF's shitty QB (Jeff Driskel) would have to have an A+++ day to do it, however.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

They'll fire Muschamp in the parking lot after FSU and then hire Dan Mullen from Miss State.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:They'll fire Muschamp in the parking lot after FSU and then hire Dan Mullen from Miss State.

I don't think Mullen will cross-over. If Mississippi State runs the table, Starkville may try and pony-up whatever it costs to keep him there.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Go NOLES !!!!!!

by boards of FL Yesterday at 12:09 pm
Joanimaroni wrote:

boards of FL wrote:

Joanimaroni wrote:

boards of FL wrote:

Big game? They're playing a team that gave up over 500 yards to the anemic offense of North Carolina last week....at home. Notre Dame is awful.

FSU vs ND is about as inconsequential as it gets. Neither team has any business being in the top 10. FSU may get lucky and win out, though they will assuredly be destroyed in a 4 team playoff.

Really?

Quote me on this.

The playoffs haven't happened yet. I think FSU's performance against ND pretty much confirms what I said. They would likely be ranked 5th or 6th in the SEC west. This will all be much more obvious when we get to see them on the field against an opponent with real talent. That is of course assuming that they even make it out of their cakewalk schedule.
-----
That's what people said last year too. How did it work out for you?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

FSU is still undefeated with 10 freshman starters.

Million dollar arm... ten cent brain.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum