Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fox News's War to save Columbus Day ...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

From today's Alter-net newsletter:

. Fox & Friends freaks out about assault on Columbus Day.

"Here we are just 83 shopping days away from the War on Christmas, and the poor, persecuted White Christians in this country are dealing with another all-out assault: the War on Columbus Day. This week, the good and long-suffering folks at Fox News reported the deeply distressing news that a Seattle school board voted to scuttle Columbus Day, and redub the holiday, “Indigenous People’s Day.” The horror. As Peter Johnson, Jr. appearing on Fox & Friends declaimed: “It’s a social and political statement that says Christopher Columbus was a violator of indigenous people. It’s a slap. It’s an attack on Columbus. Day.” (sic)

Of course Fox folks would fight for sainthood for Columbus -- we should just skip the part where millions of indigenous are doomed by the slavery, the diseases and the genocide that almost immediately followed Mr. Columbus's arrival.

Last edited by Wordslinger on 10/12/2014, 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was paid by the Chinese government ...)

2seaoat

It is Columbus Day. If a school board wants to Celebrate another holiday that weekend......go for it. However, most will continue to celebrate Columbus Day. A big who cares.

Aside from a cursory brief lesson for the day at the elementary and middle school levels, this is not something brought up or celebrated. There is no day off, so why bother worrying about it? And of course, we have the obligatory racial post by Wordslinger who has to stir the pot. Why doesn't Word go back to Eastern Europe where he is from? He doesn't have a dog in this hunt except to hate on folks.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Aside from a cursory brief lesson for the day at the elementary and middle school levels, this is not something brought up or celebrated. There is no day off, so why bother worrying about it? And of course, we have the obligatory racial post by Wordslinger who has to stir the pot. Why doesn't Word go back to Eastern Europe where he is from? He doesn't have a dog in this hunt except to hate on folks.

No thanks sweetheart. Besides, I was born in California which is west not east. Who would I have to laugh at every day in Eastern Europe?

Maybe you can tell me what in hell there is to celebrate about Columbus's arrival? The Scandinavians were here earlier, also Chinese sailors.

But then again, fictional events (like Jesus's miracles) always rank big with your type ... LOL

Link loudmouth? Taking Florida
history right now and no mention of Scandinavians at all.

There is no proof Scandinavians discovered anything. They were obviously too stupid to document anything

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Link loudmouth?  Taking Florida
history right now and no mention of Scandinavians at all.

Check out Viking settlements in our northeast . . .

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Just what has Florida history to do with any of the early European explorers? Columbus never visited Florida, and neither did the Vikings.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_colonization_of_the_Americas

Wordslinger wrote:Just what has Florida history to do with any of the early European explorers? Columbus never visited Florida, and neither did the Vikings.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_colonization_of_the_Americas

Columbus found a jumping off point that helped explorers like De Soto, Ponce De Leon, Cortes, Vespucci, Magellan and others. He was like John Glenn on Friendship 7. Like John, afterwards everyone in NASA wanted to circumnavigate the Earth and after Columbus didn't fall off the edge of the Earth (horizon) like the superstitious of his time believed....everyone wanted to find a new route to the Far East....

Oh.....remember why there was a need to find a route to the Far East? I'm sure you do, but you are too politically correct to admit it.

The Norse had their own language and writing so where is the substantial proof? All you have is a Wikipedia link to a theory of a people that might as well have been ghosts. I'm sure you probably have some PC theory about it. They were probably "too white" or something. History is written by the WINNERS. At the time of Columbus' exploration, Spain was a huge winner in Europe because they had finally expelled the Muslims off of the Iberian Peninsula and back into North Africa. With no wars to fight, Spaniards began to explore. I know you hate Spaniards because they were a Christian nation full of Catholics and we know you hate Christians. I think that is where your hatred of Columbus Day comes from....

Sal

Sal

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Just what has Florida history to do with any of the early European explorers?  Columbus never visited Florida, and neither did the Vikings.

See:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_colonization_of_the_Americas

Columbus found a jumping off point that helped explorers like De Soto, Ponce De Leon, Cortes, Vespucci, Magellan and others. He was like John Glenn on Friendship 7. Like John, afterwards everyone in NASA wanted to circumnavigate the Earth and after Columbus didn't fall off the edge of the Earth (horizon) like the superstitious of his time believed....everyone wanted to find a new route to the Far East....

Oh.....remember why there was a need to find a route to the Far East? I'm sure you do, but you are too politically correct to admit it.

The Norse had their own language and writing so where is the substantial proof? All you have is a Wikipedia link to a theory of a people that might as well have been ghosts. I'm sure you probably have some PC theory about it. They were probably "too white" or something. History is written by the WINNERS. At the time of Columbus' exploration, Spain was a huge winner in Europe because they had finally expelled the Muslims off of the Iberian Peninsula and back into North Africa. With no wars to fight, Spaniards began to explore. I know you hate Spaniards because they were a Christian nation full of Catholics and we know you hate Christians. I think that is where your hatred of Columbus Day comes from....

Congratulations once again for being consistently wrong. I don't hate Columbus -- the Italian who was funded by Spain to find a new route to India, and who bumped into San Salvador instead. I just think it's ridiculous to celebrate him as though he "discovered" the New World. And, although I know it pains you to research anything unless it's a virus spread by Fox News, there's plenty of evidence the Vikings had settlements in North America in the 12th and 13th centuries. And there is credible evidence that Chinese traders were dealing with Native Americans in California, Oregon and Washington several hundred years before Columbus bumped into America by accident. But you're right, it was Columbus's "discovery" that started the white invasion that all but annihilated the indigenous residents of this country. You remember that, don't you? You wrote here that white domination of North America was "manifest destiny." How Christian of you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum