Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republicans trying to cut Obama request for Ebola fighting funds ...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Which is more important to a republican -- money or life?

Money, of course!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/09/09/1328383/-House-Republicans-slash-Obama-s-requested-Ebola-funding?detail=email#

How much fucking money do you want for a handful of american patients?

2seaoat

How much fucking money do you want for a handful of american patients?

Have to agree in part. They are passing 40 million of the requested 80 million, and it seems to be a reasonable appropriation. If somebody could show me that simply throwing money at a problem as one nation will solve the problem, I would be concerned. We need a worldwide form of contribution based on ability to pay to address communicable diseases and the prevention of a pandemic. Where is a coordinated effort?

We have been throwing billions at cancer for forty years, and I sometimes get sick seeing the ads as millions are donated while sick people I know cannot get the medications they need because of the corrupt pricing of American drugs, and the refusal of SS or private insurance to pay for those very drugs which donations helped give private corporations huge profits as cancer is killing with abandon. Money thrown at a problem is rarely a solution.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We fund W.H.O. and the UN. They are responsible for emergency health funding.

We need to block entery into the US from African areas where Ebolo is present and Quarantine persons entering.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Th Dude wrote:How much fucking money do you want for a handful of american patients?

The program is aimed at preventing and curing Ebola, and much of its working budget would be spent in those states in Africa where the disease is rampant. Considering the potential Ebola has of decimating our fellow Americans, in this instance, it's hard for me to see your monetary concerns as credible. Even so, if even 10% of Maine or Arizona came down with Ebola, $80,000,000 would be chump change!

2seaoat

10k people die from drunk drivers as we militarized and grew our criminal justice system throwing unlimited amounts of money at the problem. It has caused new problems.

Wordslinger wrote:
Th Dude wrote:How much fucking money do you want for a handful of american patients?

The program is aimed at preventing and curing Ebola, and much of its working budget would be spent in those states in Africa where the disease is rampant.  Considering the potential Ebola has of decimating our fellow Americans, in this instance, it's hard for me to see your monetary concerns as credible.  Even so, if even 10% of Maine or Arizona came down with Ebola, $80,000,000 would be chump change!

Republicans trying to cut Obama request for Ebola fighting funds ... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcGynho6rRCVsjaqex_c6wR617JOmiKiG9vTuyNNZ0U8_DgxsU

If the rest of the world doesn't want to contribute then we need to bring our people back and let the Africans handle it.

We already have cases here to treat and perfect a cure.

You liberals keep telling us we shouldn't be involved in international affairs. Then let them deal with their own problems.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cZoM5reqo

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 10/5/2014, 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wordslinger wrote:Which is more important to a republican -- money or life?

Money, of course!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/09/09/1328383/-House-Republicans-slash-Obama-s-requested-Ebola-funding?detail=email#

Remember, we can't save the world...I think those were your words...but go ahead and politicize death as well

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum