Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any campers?

+4
2seaoat
Vikingwoman
ZVUGKTUBM
bizguy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Any campers? Empty Any campers? 10/4/2014, 11:06 am

Do you camp in NW FL? What's your favorite spot?

AL?

GA?

Looking for great spots within a 6 hour drive. Time for some new adventures!

2Any campers? Empty Re: Any campers? 10/4/2014, 12:58 pm

bizguy

SheWrites wrote:Do you camp in NW FL?  What's your favorite spot?

AL?  

GA?  

Looking for great spots within a 6 hour drive.  Time for some new adventures!

Bear Lake in north Santa Rosa county. It has both tent and camper sites. The lake is about 100 acres. No gas powered boats. Also has a nice walking trail around the perimeter of the lake.

3Any campers? Empty Re: Any campers? 10/4/2014, 1:14 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I did too much "professional camping" when I was in the Marines. It took away any further desire I would have for sleeping on the ground or in austere conditions.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

4Any campers? Empty Re: Any campers? 10/4/2014, 2:13 pm

Vikingwoman

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I did too much "professional camping" when I was in the Marines. It took away any further desire I would have for sleeping on the ground or in austere conditions.

I agree. I never got why people liked camping? The thought of trying to sleep while wild animals are roaming around never quite inspired me.Just the idea I might have to fight a bear while having that "wonderful" nature walk drowns out any positives of that experience.

5Any campers? Empty Re: Any campers? 10/4/2014, 2:34 pm

2seaoat

I have always existed with nature and camping was my salvation.  To canoe or hike to a pristine part of nature and set up camp is an experience which scours the soul cluttered with mankind's debris.  I love camping in Co, Mn, Wi, Il, Ny, NH, Az, Ut, Mi, Sd, Ma, Ky Id, Fl, Mi Ca, Or, and Canada.  I now sleep in a portable camping chair which I take to the beach and is as comfortable as my lazy boy.   Before we always used an Air mattress.  Now with the Prius we can travel the country and have very little space used with our tent and my portable chair.   I liked camping in Key Largo in a small campground where we would snorkel and then hit all the local restaurants.  When I am camping, unless I am in a wilderness area, we do not cook.  We like to visit funkey local restaurants which are out of the way and found a gem on top of look out mountain.  I have heard there are some beautiful campgrounds on the Swanee river by the Georgia border but I do not know the names.  I strongly suggest looking for a campground in South Georgia and visit Andersonville.  It was a great experience for the kids.  We do not like campgrounds with RVs.....we like natural camping and campgrounds.

6Any campers? Empty Re: Any campers? 10/4/2014, 2:55 pm

We've done the hotels/resorts/condos/vrbo and we, too, would like a little more nature experience, Seaoat.  We have the complex every day. Simple would be nice for a change.

First up is a tent.  We may progress from there but somehow I think we are going to love it.  

Bear Lake, biz guy, was recommend by another friend. Thanks.

7Any campers? Empty Re: Any campers? 10/4/2014, 7:27 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:We've done the hotels/resorts/condos/vrbo and we, too, would like a little more nature experience, Seaoat.  We have the complex every day. Simple would be nice for a change.

First up is a tent.  We may progress from there but somehow I think we are going to love it.  

Bear Lake, biz guy, was recommend by another friend. Thanks.

We camped at Bear Lake......I woke up one morning and saw an aligator sunning on the beach where my kids swam the day before.....I never went back.

8Any campers? Empty Re: Any campers? 10/4/2014, 8:12 pm

Shocked

Next suggestion...

Razz

9Any campers? Empty Re: Any campers? 10/4/2014, 9:13 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Alligators have to eat too......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

10Any campers? Empty Re: Any campers? 10/4/2014, 9:48 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I did too much "professional camping" when I was in the Marines. It took away any further desire I would have for sleeping on the ground or in austere conditions.

Former US Army Scout here. No more sleeping on the ground in the woods.

Buuuuut.......traveling around in a nice motor home is pretty cool. A/C, heat, real bed, satellite TV and internet too. That's "roughing it" to me now. LOL

11Any campers? Empty Re: Any campers? 10/5/2014, 12:59 am

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

I have had to sleep on the ground before out of necessity. The only camping I do is in a trailer with AC, hot water and a queen size bed. My favorite place to camp is Ft. Pickens.

12Any campers? Empty Re: Any campers? 10/5/2014, 9:02 pm

The Dude

The Dude

Cape san Blas state park, st andrews Panama City.......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum