Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Global warming errrrrrrrrrrrrr Climate change is a Trojan horse for the left

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal on Tuesday bashed liberals who he says are using climate change to further their own agenda.

“For some on the left, climate change is simply a Trojan horse. It’s a way for them to come in and make changes to our economy that they would otherwise want to make,” he said during a speech hosted by the Heritage Foundation.

"It’s an excuse for the government to come in and try to tell us what kind of homes we live in, what kind of cars we drive, what kind of lifestyles we can enjoy. It’s an excuse for some who never liked free-market economies and never liked rapid economic growth."

While the Louisiana governor did not dispute that man-made climate change is happening, he urged “no regrets” climate policies that do not harm the United States’ economic standing around the world.
Jindal, who is seen as a contender for the White House in 2016, made the remarks while unveiling a comprehensive energy and environmental platform aimed at freeing fossil fuels and other energy sources from the Obama administration’s policies.

The governor framed his presentation as a choice between billions of dollars of economic benefit and continued economic ruin, and said his proposal is needed to turn America into an “energy superpower.”

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/217866-jindal-presents-energy-platform-to-counter-obama

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I personally do not like the way the climate change debate is being used for social and political engineering. This greatly degrades the soul of the argument.

We are truly an emerging energy superpower, as Mr. Jindal surmises. Since technology has enabled access to hydrocarbons in non-permeable shale formations, North America's accessible energy reserves are growing by the year. First, the now famous Bakken formation in North Dakota, then the Eagle Ford formation in east Texas. All of the latter are dwarfed by the shale formations stacked one on top of the other in a 6-county area in west Texas; the so-called Permian Basin. Then today, I read about an emerging shale play in northwestern Colorado, that may be orders of magnitude larger than the Permian Basin.

Yesterday, I read that the energy sector will be adding 500,000 to one million new jobs over the next 10 years. This sector is contributing to the ongoing economic recovery in a very big way and will continue to do so. In the meantime, oil imports are lower than they have been in years.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

I find it odd z that on a multitude of topics... climate, debt, currency, police, military... you know the reality...

But then you continually support the "statist" quo that perpetuates the problems. What are you missing?

I can't understand you.

Th Dude wrote:I find it odd z that on a multitude of topics... climate, debt, currency, police, military... you know the reality...

But then you continually support the "statist" quo that perpetuates the problems. What are you missing?

I can't understand you.

I agree. I have noticed that about Z. I don't get it either.

man mad climate change is just another scam to redistribute our wealth

prepare for even more coal plants to close soon.

Sal

Sal

Sounds like a bold new plan to do nothing but drill baby drill.

That’s the kind of reasonable approach we can all get behind, where “we” is a subset of the fossil fuel industry.

In related comments, Bobby also refused to state his personal opinion on the theory of evolution ....

.... so, there's that.

Bobby's a real heavy weight.

Sal

Sal

Th Dude wrote:I find it odd z that on a multitude of topics... climate, debt, currency, police, military... you know the reality...

I can't understand you.

I believe Z has hinted that he has some personal financial stake in the fossil fuel industry.

It's unfortunate, but not unusual, when we allow such interests to interfere with our critical thinking.

The point is this......it's a hoax made up to tell us how we have to live our lives

Sal wrote:

I can't understand you.

I believe Z has hinted that he has some personal financial stake in the fossil fuel industry.

It's unfortunate, but not unusual, when we allow such interests to interfere with our critical thinking.

I don't believe Z has allowed his personal interest to interfere with his critical thinking.

Z has stated many times that man made global warming is a hoax of which to gain power and control over people.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum