Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama’s crisis of (foreign policy) confidence

+3
Joanimaroni
Floridatexan
gatorfan
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

gatorfan

"Americans approved of President Obama's decision to launch airstrikes in Iraq and now strongly approve of his plan to expand into Syria the effort to combat the Islamic State.

And yet, Obama's approval rating on foreign policy remains a dismal 34 percent in a new NBC/Wall Street Journal/Annenberg poll released Sunday. That's even as the survey shows Americans approve of Obama's Middle East plan by an overwhelming margin, 66 percent to 22 percent.

So why can't Obama catch a break? Put plainly: People just don't think he'll succeed.

The poll shows a striking lack of confidence when it comes to the situation in the Middle East. About two-thirds of people (68 percent) have "very little" or "just some" confidence in Obama's stated goal of "degrading" and "destroying" the Islamic State. An additional 28 percent say they have "a great deal" or "quite a bit" of confidence in Obama.
This vote of no/little confidence, without a doubt, owes in part to the tough situations in the two Middle Eastern counties the United States has attempted to stabilize over the past decade: Afghanistan and Iraq. Given those experiences, it's not surprising that Americans would be pessimistic about succeeding against the Islamic State.

But Obama's persistently low approval rating on foreign policy suggests that it's also in large part because people doubt he's up to the task. Polls have repeatedly shown that people don't think Obama is tough enough. This is an extension of that.

On the plus side for Obama, 26 percent of Americans said his speech on Wednesday night gave them a more favorable impression of him, while 20 percent said they came away with a less favorable one.

But Obama has never really struggled with giving good speeches; he has struggled with getting people to believe in him."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/09/15/obamas-crisis-of-foreign-policy-confidence/?tid=hpModule_f8335a3c-868c-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394&hpid=z10

It's because he has none of his own FP. He castigated almost everything Bush 43 did, yet he does stuff like this:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/14/obama-sought-repeal-of-bush-war-statute-now-used-t/

It was a terrible policy when he was campaigning, but now Bush wasn't so stupid obviously. Remember he was going to close down Gitmo, but when he found out that those guys were so bad they could not be released.

Like so many policies that he campaigned against, he has stuck with because once he actually got the big picture, he understood the necessity of certain things.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Or, could it possibly be that people don't expect a good outcome in Iraq because the former occupant of the White House illegally invaded that country and it was FUBAR from that point on?

And, if you will recall, there was tremendous opposition to closing GITMO because the prisoners would have to be relocated to the US mainland. The loudest voices were on the right side of the aisle...particularly in the House, which would, of course, have to authorize funding.

That's your uniformed and biased opinion driveled out of the Daily Kos. Why can't you and your left winger buddies stay on task and not try and spin the topic away from the focus? Is the O's time in office that painful for you?

The topic is about the O's lack of foreign policy acumen. That has nothing to do with what other people think. It has to do with the continued lack of results the COWH gets based on his actions and inactions-mostly inactions and leading from behind. Obama has pretty much voted PRESENT and not taken on any FP tasks for six years.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
Or, could it possibly be that people don't expect a good outcome in Iraq because the former occupant of the White House illegally invaded that country and it was FUBAR from that point on?

And, if you will recall, there was tremendous opposition to closing GITMO because the prisoners would have to be relocated to the US mainland.  The loudest voices were on the right side of the aisle...particularly in the House, which would, of course, have to authorize funding.  

No, probably not. It is obvious, however,  you want to believe that. In Iraq, under the direction of General McChrystal, our forces used strong intelligence and target selection before hitting any targets...taking out command and control units. McChrystal developed a strong intelligence command unit within JSCO and it proved to be successful against thr Iraq insurgency. It would have been as successful in Astan against the Taliban......but oops Obama removed him.

obamas foreign policy goes like this.

Q.Will this endeavor redistribute Americas wealth?

A. Do it

knothead

knothead

Chrissy* wrote:obamas foreign policy goes like this.

A. Do it

Your summary is off the mark Chrissy . . . . it is political blather!
Welcome back however.

knothead wrote:

A. Do it

Welcome back however.

Seems pretty on the mark to me.

The only things about any of his foreign policy maneuver's seem to accomplish is spending great vast amounts of tax payer dollars and no results.

Not even a teeny itty bitty one. Sad

Thanks btw Smile

knothead

knothead

Chrissy* wrote:
knothead wrote:

A. Do it

Welcome back however.

The only things about any of his foreign policy maneuver's seem to accomplish is spending great vast amounts of tax payer dollars and no results.

Not even a teeny itty bitty one.  Sad

Thanks btw Smile

No American soldiers or Marines have died . . . . you do count that as a form of success do you knot?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The bombings.........What is the price per Toyoto?

knothead wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:
knothead wrote:

A. Do it

Welcome back however.

Thanks btw Smile

No American soldiers or Marines have died . . . . you do count that as a form of success do you knot?

Really???? None have died??? Does the KIA count of our own troops in Astan since 2009, which has doubled the number of KIAs in country for the whole WAR not count? Yep, on Obama's watch the number of American servicemen who have died in Astan has doubled ......FACT. Might that not have to do with Obama not putting the required amount of troops in country as requested by the generals????

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/obamavsbush

knothead wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:
knothead wrote:

A. Do it

Welcome back however.

Thanks btw Smile

none? you sure about that? Wink

I think your summary is off the mark, btw. Smile

However, the outflows of tax payer dollars across the globe have resulted in what the creation of a extreme Islamic group of which he now wants to spend more on.

Egypt, Libya, Somalia, hamas.... all over...

what are the results?

I think I now know what Obama meant when he said he would make muslims like us better. he must have meant he would b on their side and help their goal. sure looks that way.

Our rules of engagement have evolved into a travesty... no way I would support a friend or relative to join up.

Obama must've been inspired by the militant wing of the salvation army.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This must be an episode of Dumb and Dumber.

FT Look>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When President Barack Obama announced his strategy to defeat the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria last week, the former constitutional law professor and 3-year senator who campaigned for the presidency on a promise to end the never-ending war in Iraq launched another indefinite war in the Middle East against the terrorist group. He did so using the 2001 and 2002 Authorizations for the Use of Military Force, the same laws he once condemned, and without a vote from Congress on the laws’ new purpose more than a decade later.
http://www.defenseone.com/politics/2014/09/obamas-dramatic-reversal-bushs-laws-war/94169/

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:The bombings.........What is the price per Toyoto?

That's the right gawd-damned question. 

Well done. 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sunday and Monday.... Obama's "poll driven strategy" strikes yield 6 Toyotas.

Central Command said the strikes destroyed six Islamic State vehicles and one of the group's fighting positions that was firing on the Iraqi security forces.

Toyota bluebook value $ 650.00.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:That's your uniformed and biased opinion driveled out of the Daily Kos. Why can't you and your left winger buddies stay on task and not try and spin the topic away from the focus? Is the O's time in office that painful for you?

That is MY OPINION, you idiot. MINE. I don't need a daily dose of FOX to prepare for the day. I don't need anyone to tell me what's going on, because I know what's going on...

And what was painful for me was W's time in office, because of stupid people like you who wanted to believe because you're too dumb to figure anything out on your own. You disgust me.

Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:That's your uniformed and biased opinion driveled out of the Daily Kos. Why can't you and your left winger buddies stay on task and not try and spin the topic away from the focus? Is the O's time in office that painful for you?

That is MY OPINION, you idiot.  MINE.  I don't need a daily dose of FOX to prepare for the day.  I don't need anyone to tell me what's going on, because I know what's going on...

And what was painful for me was W's time in office, because of stupid people like you who wanted to believe because you're too dumb to figure anything out on your own.  You disgust me.

Broomrider, I was on location and in place while you were watching the TV about all those locations. Your opinion is uninformed and ignorant. I don't need FOX for my viewpoint and that is the difference between you and I. I would be opposed to your masters even if FOX wasn't the only network not getting the Tea Bag from him. Low information voters like yourself who already have an MSNBC frontal lobotomy put this clown in office for "hopey changey"....and now most of them, unlike yourself are seeing the handwriting on the wall. Hell, African Americans are wondering what happened to THEIR POTUS.

2seaoat

A contracting American presence has just begun. We start withdrawing from the big A in December, and we will do the bare minimum in Iraq......this is not rocket science.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

And, if you will recall, there was tremendous opposition to closing GITMO because the prisoners would have to be relocated to the US mainland.  The loudest voices were on the right side of the aisle...particularly in the House, which would, of course, have to authorize funding.  

The outcome of the Iraq invasion was successful. This you know as well as anyone. Semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama worked hard to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. You also know the invasion was perfectly legal.

Here, what you continue to do as well as almost anyone.

Obama’s crisis of (foreign policy) confidence Stirthepot-1

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

That is MY OPINION, you idiot.  MINE.  I don't need a daily dose of FOX to prepare for the day.  I don't need anyone to tell me what's going on, because I know what's going on...

And what was painful for me was W's time in office, because of stupid people like you who wanted to believe because you're too dumb to figure anything out on your own.  You disgust me.

Obama’s crisis of (foreign policy) confidence Laughinganimationdog

2seaoat wrote:A contracting American presence has just begun. We start withdrawing from the big A in December, and we will do the bare minimum in Iraq......this is not rocket science.

You're right... it's not going to be any kind of science... and it won't accomplish anything except to spend our money.

Markle

Markle

Semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama is desperate. He doesn't know what to do, only that everything he has done has been wrong and turned to one disaster after another.

We have troops on the ground again in Iraq, and the administration can't even agree what to call what is happening.

This is a SNAFU of incredible proportions. All due to a President whose greatest accomplishment was being a community organizer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum