Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A majority of Americans say Obama’s presidency is a ‘failure’

+2
Floridatexan
gatorfan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gatorfan

Even the low information crowd that voted for him twice are starting to wake up.

"A majority of Americans and even many Democrats consider President Obama's tenure to be a "failure," according to a new poll from the Washington Post and ABC News.

The poll shows Americans say 52-42 that Obama has been more of a failure than a success. Among registered voters, the gap is even bigger -- at 55-39 -- with four in 10 (41 percent) saying they "strongly" believe Obama has been a failure.

Those saying Obama has been a failure include one in four Democrats (25 percent), nearly three in 10 liberals (29 percent) and the vast, vast majority of conservative Republicans (92 percent). Nearly one in five liberals (18 percent) say they feel "strongly" that Obama has been a failure.

Interestingly, there is also some crossover on the other side. About one in five conservatives (22 percent) say Obama has been a success (note: this is a different group from "conservative Republicans"), as do 48 percent of moderates. In fact, self-described moderates are more likely to rate Obama a success (48 percent) than as a failure (44 percent)."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/09/09/a-majority-of-americans-say-obamas-presidency-is-a-failure/?tid=hpModule_ba0d4c2a-86a2-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394&hpid=z10

gatorfan

No wonder Dem candidates are avoiding him.

Obama Job Approval - Disapprove 54%, Approve 38% (Gallup 9/1-9/3)
Population 1,500 Adults
Margin of Error ±3.0 percentage points
Polling Method Phone
Source Gallup

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"...Now, we shouldn't read too much into these numbers. The question is a binary one, in which people are asked to choose between "success" or "failure," with no third option offered (though people were allowed to volunteer one). If the question was "failure or not" rather than "failure or success," you'd likely see fewer people choosing the f-word..."

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

To judge Obama's effectiveness, one has to ask the following questions: Is the economy markedly improved? Has the gap between the ultra rich and the rest of us narrowed or expanded? Have limitations to tax evasion by bloodsucking corporations been enacted and enforced? Has any improvement or change been effected to immigration? Are we less threatened by Islamic terrorism today, or more threatened? Has anything effective been done to confront global warming? Are minority/white relations improved? Are we more or less likely to confront global nuclear warfare?

The answer to most of those questions is "no."

On the other hand, to the average American -- including republicans -- the republican candidates put forward thus far have offered zero solutions.

Reality.

gatorfan

Floridatexan wrote:

"...Now, we shouldn't read too much into these numbers. The question is a binary one, in which people are asked to choose between "success" or "failure," with no third option offered (though people were allowed to volunteer one). If the question was "failure or not" rather than "failure or success," you'd likely see fewer people choosing the f-word..."

That's because most voters are too ignorant to understand more than two alternates.

Probably one reason no Independent has been elected President.

gatorfan

Wordslinger wrote:To judge Obama's effectiveness, one has to ask the following questions:  Is the economy markedly improved?  Has the gap between the ultra rich and the rest of us narrowed or expanded?  Have limitations to tax evasion by bloodsucking corporations been enacted and enforced?  Has any improvement or change been effected to immigration?  Are we less threatened by Islamic terrorism today, or more threatened?  Has anything effective been done to confront global warming?  Are minority/white relations improved?  Are we more or less likely to confront global nuclear warfare?

On the other hand, to the average American -- including republicans -- the republican candidates put forward thus far have offered zero solutions.

Reality.

Pretty sad isn't it? Where in a country with the saying anyone can grow up to be President a candidacy is hijacked by corporate donors and big party influence.

I don't see a worthwhile candidate in either major party.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

gatorfan wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:To judge Obama's effectiveness, one has to ask the following questions:  Is the economy markedly improved?  Has the gap between the ultra rich and the rest of us narrowed or expanded?  Have limitations to tax evasion by bloodsucking corporations been enacted and enforced?  Has any improvement or change been effected to immigration?  Are we less threatened by Islamic terrorism today, or more threatened?  Has anything effective been done to confront global warming?  Are minority/white relations improved?  Are we more or less likely to confront global nuclear warfare?

Reality.

Pretty sad isn't it? Where in a country with the saying anyone can grow up to be President a candidacy is hijacked by corporate donors and big party influence.

I agree. However, if Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren decide to run, they'll have my vote. Anyone out there you like?

gatorfan

Wordslinger wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

Reality.

I agree.  However, if Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren decide to run, they'll have my vote.  Anyone out there you like?

Not so far, hopefully someone will come along so I don't have to vote against someone instead of for someone like the last two elections.

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:

Not so far, hopefully someone will come along so I don't have to vote against someone instead of for someone like the last two elections.

You're off the coal whore?

Good fer you!

gatorfan

Sal wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

You're off the coal whore?

Good fer you!

He's not planning on running as far as I know. You do realize (possibly) that the dude you call the "coal whore" is merely representing the constituents of his heavily coal dependent state. In more simple terms - he's just doing the job he was elected to do......

Unlike another politician I know.

Markle

Markle

Reality.

That is a lie. Where is your Nazi train signature?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:

Reality.

That is a lie.  Where is your Nazi train signature?

You are the one who has a fetish for silly train photos.... along with other cut-and-pastes.
cyclops

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Just another in a long list of hit pieces...because elections are coming up fast. The author even added a weasel clause...weak journalism...and biased political propaganda.

Floridatexan wrote:
Just another in a long list of hit pieces...because elections are coming up fast. The author even added a weasel clause...weak journalism...and biased political propaganda.

It's almost as if you could recognize biased political propaganda... but then we see the material you read then post.

You are way further left than fox news is right... and that's sayin something.

by Floridatexan Today at 6:08 pm

------
Get
Over
It

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:by Floridatexan Today at 6:08 pm

------
Get
Over
It

You mean don't call BS when I hear it? Hold your breath for that one.

Your opinion is always invalid.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Your opinion is always invalid.

That's not for you to judge.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

Reality.

No, you're the one who's lying. Cutting off healthcare, social security, getting rid of the minimum wage, and stopping welfare while dramatically cutting taxes for huge bloodsucking corporations amount to ZERO solutions. And my signature is Screw Amerika Inc. Your signature involves a train and swastika.

Considering the fact my father's family was exterminated by Hitler's forces in the Ukraine, why would anyone believe I'm pro Nazi, the way you are?

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Reality.

No, you're the one who's lying.  Cutting off healthcare, social security, getting rid of the minimum wage, and stopping welfare while dramatically cutting taxes for huge bloodsucking corporations amount to ZERO solutions.  And my signature is Screw Amerika Inc.  Your signature involves a train and swastika.  

Considering the fact my father's family was exterminated by Hitler's forces in the Ukraine, why would anyone believe I'm pro Nazi, the way you are?

I'm not the one who diligently chose Adolph Hitler's terminology, Amerika, which was also the name Hitler gave to his private train Amerika.

You must be into some of the heavy medication today. Hope you feel better soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum